Smart Lipo Touch Up - Who Pays???

I had abdominal smart lip0 done Sept 09...almost a...

I had abdominal smart lip0 done Sept 09...almost a year ago. The area around my belly button is still quite large as though it was totally missed. My left side is uneven from the right.

Overall...I am happy with my results as it is quite an improvement; however, the doctor did offer to do 4 rounds of BBL laser therapy to see if it would reduce the larger area...it has not. Additionally, he agreed that it is uneven.

He said there would be no charge to correct it. Then I find out he is going to charge me $2,500 for the use of the room, a tech, the equipment etc... When I met with the financial person, she said "we want to make you happy so how about $1,500. I guess I am looking for feedback on what other folks have found who need a touch up.

Dr. Boris Berfus

He and his staff are ALWAYS prompt, curteous and knowledgeable. Dr. B has a great bedside manner and makes you feel very calm throughout the procedure. I would love to go back to him for the retouch but I am really disappointed that there is an additional fee.

if its in his office it should be free, if hes doing it at a hositpal or operating place then you gotta pay for their fee and if your gettng put to sleep u have to pay for anesthesia. my touch up is gonna be for free on my four month mark but this time its in his office and with local so ill be awake. a year is a long time away for a touch up!
First of all $2,500 is way too much for a touch up!! You need to be more assertive if your unhappy! It's your body and you didn't pay $5k for nothing! My doctor wanted to charge me $800 after he screwed up the first time and let me tell you there was no way he will get another cent out of me until its fixed! He's doing the procedures again at no cost to me because its still not right. He shouldn't be able to get away with destroying my body. I think the course is obviously way to easy if all these people are preforming smart lipo when obviously they shouldn't be. Hope you get what's owed to you!

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. :( From what I've read around RealSelf, it is normal for doctors to give their revision time for "free" but still charge for anesthesia, operating room fees, etc. Does your contract go into any specifics about revisions btw?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

OMG! Totally forgot to check my contract! Thanks for the friendly reminder. Actually....it was a great experience. Everything was wonderful until here I am a year later and there is an uneven spot. So....I am happy to pay something...it just seemed like $2,500 was quite high. Thanks again, Michele