Upper and Lower Abs - Milford, MA

I had my Smart lipo done on May 19th of this year....

I had my Smart lipo done on May 19th of this year. I'm 5'3" and now weigh 133lbs and about to turn 49. I workout at the gym but I still had the "pouch".

My experience was very good considering it was a procedure. My doctor took the time to inform me on what to expect and made me feel at ease. I took the meds before going in and felt ok. He then marked me up and took the before pictures. My boyfriend even came in the room for part of the procedure. I actually fell asleep during the fat blasting. I woke up and he was sucking the fat out. He took 1200cc out. I never felt any pain during any of it. I had the pain killers filled but never used them. The drainage was what I expected and was glad to shower the next day. I'm glad that I had 4 days off before going back to work. The worst part for me was the swelling. I felt pregnant again. It was very uncomfortable. I had a lymphatic massage and 5 ultra sounds within 6 weeks of having it done.

I'm 10 weeks from having the procedure and I'm happy with the results so far. My question is can I expect to flatten out some more? I still have swelling as the day goes on and haven't lost even a pound. Could this be due to the swelling?

When will the swelling stop? It's been 12 weeks...

When will the swelling stop? It's been 12 weeks and I'm still swollen and my upper abs have gotten worse.

Well, my upper abs need a touch up as far as I'm...

Well, my upper abs need a touch up as far as I'm concerned. I'm scheduled to have it done this Friday, Nov.18th. The doctor wasn't as nice when I told him my concerns. I guess he promised all of his patients that he would touch up for free and a lot are taking him up on it. It's to the point he's leaving the business because he said that people want tummy tuck results and want free retouches. Hopefully all goes well.

He made me feel at ease from the first meeting until and I got home. He even gave me his cell phone number incase I had any questions before or after the procedure. He called me at home to see how I was doing and saw me 2 weeks after.

Why isn't my review up with everyone else's? It's on the side.
I'm 12 weeks out from my procedure on my abs. My lower abs are starting to take shape but my upper abs are more swollen thean before! I almost started crying last week it was so bad. Last night I had to unbutton my pants that normally fit when I sat down. I'm not sure if this is all part of the process. Has anyone else been swollen after 12 weeks?

Hi Victoria --

Thanks for posting your story. If you're still swollen then yes, your results will probably get better. Weight-wise you don't lose much; they only remove a pound or two, and this quickly gets filled in with all the swelling. Once everything settles down in 3-4 months, that's when your results are easier to see.

Do you have any pictures of your tummy you can share?

The doctor gave me a before and after picture so far but I don't know how to post them.