Eyebrows Ok So Far ~ Eyeliner Not So Good - Massachusetts

I had my eyebrows and eyeliner tattooed on...

I had my eyebrows and eyeliner tattooed on initially about 3 weeks ago and the touch-up visit was last weekend. Because I had chemotherapy 3 years ago, my eyebrows never grew back in completely so I thought I'd have them done. Also, I hate applying eyeliner so I had that done as well.

The results are amazing for both ~ especially my eyebrows. But my eyeliner color doesn't seem to take. It faded within a couple days to a light gray after it was first applied and now it's been 4 days after the follow-up visit and it's already half faded!

I don't blame the person who did this because they are very experienced and very well educated for this. I'm wondering if it is just me. Are white blood cells attacking the ink because it is foreign to my body, making it not adhere?

If you hate to apply makeup like me, this is a luxury you should not pass up! It now takes me less than 1/2 the time in the morning to apply makeup. My eyebrows were half gone and now they look incredible!! My eyeliner looks beautiful as well. You look half made up when you wake up in the morning! Also, my oncologist has sent patients to the woman who did my tattoos so I know it is safe. You can have an MRI without any problem, too.

Kali! The reason for your liner fading is primarily due to the color choice of your liner.I don't care for the way Black heals into skin, so I use a midnight Brown Black that heals in darker than black. Black often fades to charcoal, and if this is what you're looking for, then it would have been a fine choice, however, it sounds like you wanted something darker and more intense.You should think about going back to the tech and paying her a tray fee to touch up your pigment with a super dark brown/black.
Thanks for the advice, Stylishus. It kills me to spend that much money and not be 100% happy with it. I am still putting eyeliner over it everyday to darken it up, (crazy!). I'll go back to the tech and ask what color she used. If it was black liner, I'll ask for the black-brown touch up.

Hi Kali,

Welcome to the community. I'm glad it worked on your eyebrows, not having to apply makeup must be nice.We would love to see pictures. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt