Not. Worth. It. - Massachusetts, MA

I did no research before having the Zoom treatment...

I did no research before having the Zoom treatment performed by my dentist. What a mistake. It's 2 hours since the treatment was done and I am crying in agony from the "zingers". They are the worst kind of pain because it's like waves of nerve pain that don't respond well to ibuprofen...or even Vodka for me right now. I broke my arm a few years ago and would gladly trade that pain for this tooth discomfort.

Yes, as of right now my teeth are five shades whiter but honestly I would not have done this procedure had I read more about it.

For those of you thinking about it, consider this: If you have experienced sensitivity from over-the-counter whitening strips (I have, and should have used that as an indication of what I might be feeling now) expect to potentially feel that discomfort x10-15. I am not exaggerating. When the first "Zinger" happened during the treatment I was in shock at how intense it was.

Bottom line: If you know you are sensitive to peroxide treatments DO NOT DO ZOOM!

I got no couseling before this procedure other than "read and sign this waiver". A dentist should personally take the time to discuss a patient's history with whitening treatments before performing Zoom.