Kind of Sketchy - Massachusetts, MA

Only on my first set and they filed probably 4...

Only on my first set and they filed probably 4 teeth and say I have to have many more filed... This wasn't mentioned Til my aligners came in and I am very nervous it won't work because I got it off groupon so I wonder if my dentist is inexperienced. They also failed to include that they were going to put connectors on my teeth which help the trays stay on your teeth, biggest pains ever. Although I'm sure better looking than actual braces. As for the effectiveness, only time will tell. Again it's only my first set

I'm sorry to hear there were some surprises with your treatment and you didn't feel prepared for everything. I'm thinking the filing you had is what is called interproximal reduction (also commonly called IPR or slenderizing). Here is a Q&A that talks about it that might be helpful to you:

Is It Required That Teeth Are Shaved to Correct Crowding with Invisalign? Can Teeth Not Be Shaved with Invisalign?

If you are concerned about the experience of your dentist I would certainly encourage you to inquire about it. If you are having concerns and you let them know they might be able to explain everything so you feel much more comfortable, and if you don't feel comfortable you can consider if you want to continue with treatment with them or not.

Were you shown your Clincheck video? You could ask to see pictures of cases they have successfully completed as well.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I would like to advise anyone out there to...

I would like to advise anyone out there to definitely look into the dentist you go to for Invisalign before you proceed. I contacted Invisalign the company because of how bad my gums bled from the IPR filing of my teeth and they said that's absolutely not supposed to happen and to have my dentist contact them for the correct way to do it before I let them touch my teeth again. WTF. I'm so mad, these people should know what they are doing now I feel like the process is going to fail on me. Going back today at 4 though, ill continue updating. All dental center in watertown, stay away from this place people. Most rude staff I've ever dealt with and clearly inexperienced. They lied to me that I had 4 cavities before my treatment I went to my regular dentist and had ZERO. I'm very displeased at this point if my teeth don't straighten out correctly this place will get a serious wake up call

I said no it was not worth it now because where I...

I said no it was not worth it now because where I went it was not... They did the IPR procedure wrong (i called invisilign and found that out.. they said to me "you have them call us so we can walk them through it before you let them anywhere near your mouth") then when they called they didnt even know what they were talking about.... and I'm very doubtful that it would have came out right in the end so I got my money back and everything courtesy of groupon (groupon is absolutely wonderful with returns by the way if your Unsatisfied at all they just give it right back no hassle I was like that's it? Wow. Anyways so now I am going to this new dentist office in Braintree Massachusetts the office of Dr George Salem and one of the guys that works for him I forget his name anyways he was an angel.... He gave me the Invisalign 2000$ off the regular price and with insurance that means nothing out of my pocket except what I paid to groupon which I was refunded and that was wonderful of him to do because most would pretty much in nicer words tell me oh well sucks to be you.... He went over everything and told me invisalign doesn't always work perfect but if it doesn't he will put regular braces on me for about a month just to get everything in place at no extra charge and assured me that his job is to get me a beautiful smile and that's what he's gonna do... I was so happy that day. Anyways MORAL OF THE STORY do not ever get dental work done before looking at reviews for the office!!!! And ask how experienced they are. I wish I had this advice to begin with because I went through a lot of pain with them because they did IPR into my gums and made me bleed for 7 days.. Weird. Well bye now !
Serge orlov

Groupon and I shouldn't have done this because they are a bunch of rude unprofessional idiots. Told me I had 4 cavities just to get money because I went to my regular dentist and had ZERO!