Chin Implant Opinions? - Massachusetts, MA

?hi everyone.. I have wanted a chin implant for many years now.

hi everyone.. I have wanted a chin implant for many years now. I went to a consultation recently and the doctor told me I could use a large implant-however I'd feel more comfortable w a medium. (don't want it too big/noticeable) does anyone have any suggestions who has had the surgery or even any doctors? Id greatly appreciate and feedback in teems of actual size of the implant as well as what i

Unsure

Thank you everyone who has posted, sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the site. I actually went to a surgeon a few months ago and had facial fillers put into my chin to see how I liked it. It was a much less invasive or permanent procedure. I loved the results, it subtly improved my profile and no one even noticed, which is what I want. I was able to notice the difference and it made me happy. The downside is the fillers dissolved after about 2-3 months, so that was more of a temporary solution I suppose. If it wasn't so expensive I would easily do the facial fillers every few months. So now I am back to square one trying to figure out what to do. I do not want my face to completely change and I feel there are so many things that could go wrong with surgery

Facial filler, fat transfer- i'm torn!

So this was a few months ago when I did the juvederm/restylane filler to my chin. Very subtle change but I could see the difference and I was happy with it. Would still like more projection so this is where I am stuck.. injectable fillers dissolve pretty quickly especially when only one syringe is used. Can't afford multiple syringes/this procedure every few months. gah ! I wish it would just stay. Was such an easy procedure.. I went, got it done, drove home put powder on my face (tiny mark from needle on my chin but no bruising or anything) and then met my mom for lunch. She had no idea I had anything done. Can you see a difference? Opinions?

I did the same thing as you and went with a filler just to see how it would turn out. I agree they are too costly and I cannot afford $550 for 1 syringe every 5 to 6 months. I would rather have a chin implant and pay monthly payments for a year or so and have the problem fixed with no more worries! I am getting one in July and the PS suggested a medium. I think a small or medium would be good for you. Your chin isn't very recessed like other people
just saw this now. thanks for the advice, you're probably right about the S or M. I'll be checking back to see how your procedure goes- good luck ! :)
Thanks! Will keep everyone posted
I had a chin implant at 28 and it was crooked. Tried to have it fixed 3xs and still crooked. I'm pending removing it. Also - my face lost volume and changed shape as I have aged. I have had several plastic surgeries including lipo, mid face lift, botox, filler and fat transfer. This is the only procedure I regret. My advise is to make sure it's what you want. As I'm removing it soon, I have to worry about scar tissue. I suggest starting with fat transfers. I have photos of my crooked chin on this site. Good luck.
thank you for the advice!! if you don't mind my asking did you have fat transfer to your face? I definitely am worried about making a mistake with a procedure that's why I have only done the fillers so far. I wish fillers were cheaper I'd easily go back to get them done every few months since they are less invasive than a lot of other procedures
No, I did not have fat transfer---I lift so there was no fat on my abdomen to transfer. I did have a lower face lift/neck lift to remove excess skin at the same time the chin implant was placed. The chin implant was $2,500.
Looked at your pictures.. I'm sorry that happened. I've seen lots of people on here who are unhappy with their chin implants. Definitely makes me lean toward a fat transfer rather than an actual implant. What size did they use for yours, small?
Fat transfers don't work in my opinion. I had in face and it lasted a few weeks.
LB199- Fat transfers are dangerous and are way likely to cause an infection. If you find a board certified facial plastic surgeon and research him very well and trust him, you will love your results from a chin implant. It's all about the surgeon.
I had fat transfers on side of face to try to improve crooked chin and under eyes to fill trouts and in smile lines. It lasted about 3months. I just took my chin implant out. Details poster on the site. I think the first chin implant was $2,000 and then free to fix but that didn't work and the second dr was $3,000 and again still crooked and I just spent $1,700 to take it out. Quite the regrettable investment...fat transfers cost me $2k while we're on the subject.
Dr Yadro Ducic in Ft Worth TX did mine. Results are quite unbelievable. My results are better than any pix I have seen posted anywhere. I know he is not in your area but I would highly recommend him for this procedure. Good luck and God Bless
Hi there! I had my chin implant done on November 14th and had the XL placed to create a better profile. I am very, very happy i went with the XL as it is perfect for me. I would say you could do the M or L as your chin is not receded as mine was. My story should be posted in the next business day if you want to take a look. I'm thrilled with my results and am now totally healed. Good luck with your decision!
HI! what part of massachusetts are you from? Or looking for a Doctor around? My doctor did an amazing job, he gave me a chin implant that fit my face and I love it. I am one month post op and still swollen but already know its going to turn out to be exactly what I wanted! If you are interested, I went to Dr. Bentkover in Worcester ma, check out his before and after pictures and see if your interested!

Hi Kitty~ Can i see your before and after picts? I live in massachusetts and am considering having this procedure. Good to know you found a doctor that your happy with. I dont live too far from Worcester. my email is *******9@******.com

I am in the Boston area. I will check him out- thank you ! Just left a comment on your page. Now you're making me want to pursue the nose job too lol (always wanted to but trying to save money at the moment)
I agree with kitty, go with your gut. Kitty, you are only 2-3 weeks post op and you have a tone of swelling left... My swelling took about 2.5 months to fully come down so don't freak out just yet. Lb199, my md recommended a large implant with wings.... After thinking about it, I asked for a medium because I thought a large would be to big.... We discussed this a couple times and even right before surgery... However during surgery he put in a large. I was freaking out because of the swelling and was pissed when I found out he put in a large even after I had asked for a medium.... I am 5 months post op, and I have to say the md made a good call.... Check out my before & after pics to get an idea of what a large looks like and how it makes a difference. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions
Hi jj667788, thank you for your response. I know i need to be patient but a lot of my swelling has actually gone down already and it's not the swelling that bothers me as much as my entire face has changed dramatically. I had a baby face that was very attractive and I only wanted a tweak but I am left with a completely new face. My face is so different, it's much longer now and the chin has made all my good features disappear. I look plastic and my friends and family also say the change is too dramatic and ask me why I even got the implant to start with as they say I don't look better but look worse. It's aged my face. I'm 32 and I look mature. The reason why I went with the implant is that the surgeon suggested it as a combo with my rhinoplasty. It was his idea, and he sold it well. I should have always gone with my gut feeling. The chin implant was never going to suit me. I actually want it out ASAP...my surgeon will not take it out. I'm very miserable and unhappy. I could not see your pics. I'd love to see how the progress was for you. Thanks
Kitty, I went through everything you are talking about... I have a baby face as well and thought what did I do to myself... I looked like a totally diff person! I thought my face was too long, implant too big, projected out too much, lost my nice heart shaped face etc etc. I can honestly tell you that you are still very swollen without even seeing your pics. I thought most of my swelling went down at day 9 and was looking even better at day 14, boy was I wrong... I had a ways to go. I know you are probably looking at yourself in the mirror non stop, probably taking a million self pics of yourself with your phone and looking at old pics of how you used to look. It's ok. I did all of these things as well, mostly because of the initial shock, thinking it looks too big, and the swelling. I told my md I thought it was too big, he said it was swelling. He also mentioned an interesting thing as well... He stated it takes the brain approximately 6 weeks to get used to your new face. Think about it, you have looked at yourself in the mirror for 32 years, know every millimeter of your face better than anyone, so any slight change is going to stick out greatly to you. Interesting enough, it was around week 6 that I noticed I wasn't freaking out anymore and I honestly started feeling good about myself again. Do you have any pics that you can post? If you don't feel comfortable, I can send you my email and ill send pics of my weekly progress so you can see how drastically the swelling goes down after time. I am 5 months post op and just finally starting to feel good about my decision. If you click on my name it will bring you to my page "is my chin implant too big". You can read my previous comments how I was dealing out and see a before & after pic. Hope this helps a bit :)
Hi! Omg! You are describing what I'm doing and feeling exactly! I have done all these things. Yes I feel just like you did. My face is so long now, I feel like my cheeks have caved in and I have a long narrow face now compared to before. I will private message you my email address so I can get your opinion on my face before and after surgery. You have just given me some hope. Thank you so much.
No prob at all! Everyone on here helped me after my surgery so I know what it's like. Send me a private message with your email and we can chat and get you through this :)
Hi, I have had a chin implant just over two weeks ago and my surgeon was to put in a small implant but on the operating table while I was out cold he changed his mind and put in a medium. I feel he made a mistake and should have kept with the small implant as I'm extremely unhappy with the size being too big for my small face. My recommendation is to go with your gut feeling and not allow the surgeon to tell you what he is going to do to your body as this will make you unhappy at the end. In most cases I believe you know best not your surgeon. Also I had a medpor implant and it's very hard to remove and my surgeon keeps telling me I look great but my friends being honest said its a little too big. Hope this helps. I'm in Australia so I can't recommend a surgeon unless you are willing to travel here and in my opinion you will find better surgeon in the US.
Surgery definitely carries more complications, but can be permanent, too. Please let us know what you decide to do. Would love to see photos of you with the filler!
The surgeon I had a consultation with said he would do a large implant on me but that is not what I want. I would much rather a medium or maybe even a small implant. I am afraid he would do something similar to what your surgeon did and go with what he wants rather than what I am asking for. Completely right- some seem to be stubborn and I don't think that makes for a good surgeon. We are the ones who will have to live with it and see it everyday, not them.