My Daughter's New Life After Breast Reduction

There are no cons. My 16 yr old daughter was...

There are no cons. My 16 yr old daughter was terribly self conscience of her breast size. She was (is) a little under 5 feet and barely weighs 100 pds with large breasts. She was so unhappy and asked for a breast reduction. This was a dramatic decision for both of us to make. So many would not agree with elective surgery for their child. I KNEW how unhappy she was and KNEW this was the right decision.

Her Dr recommended the Dr and we went for a consult. What impressed me the most was the Dr trying to talk her out of the surgery!! She felt it was so important that this be done only if my daughter truly truly felt this necessary. She said she just could not do it if my daughter had any possible regrets. She won, not only my trust and respect but also my heart b/c I knew she DID care about the outcome. We were not just clients.

We went with the surgery and 1 1/2 yrs later, there is not one single day that my daughter feels anything but love for her new figure. It has changed her whole life. We recently went prom dress shopping and my daughter cried while trying on dresses. Tears of joy and thanks that these dresses fit!!!! I am forever grateful for what this has done for my daughter.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Again, we were not just clients. We were people. The emotional pain of being so little, going through teenage years, feeling totally self conscience, is far greater then anything. As I said earlier, this HAS given my daughter back her youth w/ pride!!! She loves her herself, inside and out!

Hello everyone I've been contemplating this surgery since I was 17 I've had 34 dd s . I hate them more than anything being just over 5 feet tall and 120 pounds they are so uncomfortable I am the only one of my friends and family with overly large breasts . The comments people make of how "lucky" I am . Yeah right I work put six days a week weight lift I've tried everything and am now at my wits end. I'm done being miserable in my own body . Being 23 now I am finally ready can anyone help me give me info on scaring and recovery time also some plastic surgeons in orange county. I would greatly appreciate it I wanna get this done in the next month or so
Hi,
You do not need plastic surgery. The scaring is MINIMAL!! It is also covered by any bikini top so no worries on that end. Also, recovery is very easy. I would say I was up and around within a few days and totally back to work w/in one week. Do the surgery. I had it about 7 yrs ago and every single day since, I wake with a smile when I get dressed in the morning. My daughter also had a breast reduction a few yrs ago and feels exactly the same way.
hi liz and christina :) i'm meg and i'm about 5'3, 115 pounds and i have 32DD breasts. it is difficult and i sometimes get very upset, especially as a dancer and a very active person. i just read your success story and i wanted to ask you a few questions. i am seriously considering having this surgery done next summer, but i am concerned about the recovery time. can you tell me (in detail) about the recovery time for the surgery- what it was like, the pain, how many things you can do after the surgery, how long it is, things like that. thank you!
Hi Meg,
Sorry it took my so long to get back to you. The pain was minimal. I think the excitment of the new breasts totally took over any pain. I really found it that I was able to get back into a normal routine quite quickly. I would say with in few days to a week I was feeling myself again. Breasts are very hard, tender and swollen for quite sometime. The tenderness was the only distraction..but it was not actual pain. Again, I will never say there are cons to breast reduction!!
I wanted to tell you I've just had my surgery yesterday. I don't remember too much from the surgery but I can tell how much smaller they are and already I'm so much happier. They very swollen but in time they will go down. She did mention that she couldn't get me down the exact size I wanted due to it looking abnormal but they look so much smaller already, I can fit in clothes that I could have never fit in before. I'm pretty sore for now, so I'm hoping soon that will go away sooner rather than later.
Hey Liz and Christina

Insurance did not cover for ne but thats okay since my mom is paying for it anyway she wants me to be happy.

My consultation went great and I have chosen a doctor already. My surgery is for march 10th I'm nervous and excited.

Were you able to lift things and raise your arms above your head soon or not?
We are sooo happy that your mother is going to cover the surgery. I too (Crstina's mother) would have paid if ins was unwilling. There is no dollar amount on self esteem. Yes, we (I had one too) were able to lift right away. Remember, there will be alot of swelling and bruising after surg. Your breasts might also b rock hard from the procedure but ALLLL that will go away. Please keep us posted. Best of luck and I PROMISE there will not be one single regret!!!
Thank you for all of your advice. I have a consultation today. Im nervous since I'd like to go down to a small B since I'd love to do sports again. Did your insurance cover it?
Hi,
Yes, insurance did cover. It was not a problem. The very best of luck on your consultation. Let us know how it goes.
Hi Liz,
My daughter Cristina went from a 34 d to a 32b. She too, is very tiny. There is nothing she does not regret. She says it brought her self confidence right up. She had all the same complaints that you have. She now wears bikinis and walks around the house w/o a bra on. She says it changed her life for the better. She now looks completely inproportion. Very best of luck! Liz and Cristina
Hi Britt,
I'm unsure if my parents insurance covers it, I'm often in tears to my mum about my problem but every time I bring it up she just ignores me
Hi, my name is Liz, I'm a 19 year old female and I've had somewhat large breasts ever since I can remember. I have a small frame and I'm not even 5 feet, I weigh about 95-100 pounds and I have a 32DD, I've always wanted a breast reduction due to the fact that it's hard for me to play sports and just exercise I feel very self conscious about my breasts and often hate finding clothes that fit my small frame but can accomodate my big breasts.

Is there anything that your daughter really likes about her boobs now? If you don't mind answering what size did she go down to from what size?
I really wish my mother would understand my pain, and actually support me in my decision to get a breast reduction

Hi ALH24,

I'm sure much like a number of us more "well endowed" girls you are having pain, headaches, etc...does your parents insurance not cover it? I would think it would. I wish you the best and good luck. Please keep me updated.

-Britt

KAH 20, I am not 2 weeks post op of breast reduction surgery. I have to say that the first two days were pretty bad, but since I was on pain meds it wasn't intolerable. My scarring has considerably already went down and is not as noticable as I thought it was going to be. I have to say that it was the best thing I ever did and wish I would have done it when I was 20!
Liz and Cristina, I am 18 years old and considering a breast reduction and lift. I am a little over 5 feet and weigh around 125 pounds. Ive been considering this procedure for months now and have already gotten my parents approval. However, my only concern is the scarring. I would love to undergo this surgery to help boost my confidence and self esteem, but thinking about the scars always brings me down. I would love to know how you dealt with your scarring and how bad the scars really are? Thank you!!
Hi!! The scarring is very very minimal. The only thing that Cristina says is that she can not wear a string bikini. But...She now can wear a normal bikini top. I (her Mother) also am very little (just 5 feet and Cristina is too). I too had a breast reduction. There are absolutely NO disadvantages. I had mine done about 6yrs ago and have no scarring left. Please please don't let the worry of scars be a deal breaker. It really is so very minimal and the advantages of "normal size" breasts is just so very worth it. Please let us know if you want to talk more. Best of luck to you!!!