Excellent Results - Maryland

I had restylane injections in my lips about 2...

I had restylane injections in my lips about 2 weeks ago. The pain was not awful, and I did not have much bruising. I was able to go back to work right after the procedure. It was really one of the best things I ever have done.

After rhinoplasty, my upper lip looked tiny. I got a full syringe, with most of it going into my top lip. It took about a week for my lips to settle, but now they look great and really natural. I am not sure how long it is going to last, but I plan on getting another syringe 3-5 months after the my first injection to keep it up.

FYI- I am getting another half a syringe this week as a "touch up". It's been exactly 3 months. Still very happy with the results.
My doctor told me it will probably last up to 6 months, but I am going to go back after about 4 months because I want to go a bit bigger than the first time. I was thinking about doing half a syringe right after I got the first one and decided against it because I was nervous about "trout pout". I think doing it again after 4 months will give me the fullness I want.

The doctor massaged the filler a bit in his office, but he didn't tell me I had to at home. When I feel my lips they feel really even (not lumpy) so I guess something worked!

I am really thrilled with the results. If I had done the injections first I might have reconsidered the rhinoplasty.

Hi amanda,

Based on the community Restylane can last up to a year, but I'm glad you liked it so much that you will continue to maintain your new look. Many community members have mentioned they have to massage the filler into place after injection, was this something you experienced?

Thanks,