Mommy Makeover - Unsure of Lift with BA? - Maryland, MD

5'2" 140 lbs. Getting back in shape after one...

5'2" 140 lbs. Getting back in shape after one child. Having mommy makeover done. Any advice/feedback whether or not I need a lift. Looking at getting 350-400 cc silicone implants. Scars do not bother me but not sure if I exactly need the lift. I believe I can get the natural look without the lift but want to make sure. Thanks.

According to the surgery calendar today was your day! When you're feeling up to it, please report back and let us know how you're doing.

I wouldn't get the lift if I were you. My breasts look pretty similar and I am only getting the implants, no lift.
Hello! I'm about the same size as you and all my consults (4 total now) have said no lift needed. I'm scheduled for a TT and BA. Take a look at my photos and that might help you visually compare. I agree with AboutTime4Me on getting more consults done. I hated doing that because of time & then had a difficult time choosing between 2 PSs that I really liked but I'm confident in my basic knowledge of my procedures. Not sure if this helped you any but good luck!!
So I would agree to listen to your PS and if you haven't done it, get a second or third opinion.... It's your body & you get to live in & with it every day. My PS 17 years ago recommended a full lift with my BA. I chose the 'donut' lift instead. He warned me that I might sag over the implant later. That's exactly what happened. You can see it in my profile pics. My left breast was injured in a car accident (complete contracture) and the right, still soft, but sagging over the implant. I had a full lift with my MM on my right breast and the PS did the vertical incision off to the side towards my armpit instead of straight down, it is practically unnoticeable. You might want to ask about it. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! What does your plastic surgeon say about the lift? I would follow his or her advice since they have examined you and know what your skin/tissues are like.

I hope you'll keep us posted as you get closer to the big day.

Here's a list of supplies you might want to consider for your recovery.

Thanks everyone! My PS said I have a very mild descent but it was really up to me if I wanted the lift. I've been looking at a ton of pics (thank you for sharing yours) to decide. I'm leaning towards no lift and believe I will still be very happy! I like the High and Moderate Plus profiles and the more natural look. Just want to make sure I get it right the first time.
Hi, Welcome to RS. I'm not sure if you need a lift. Have you had any consultations with a Plastic Surgeon yet? I see you live in Maryland. I know of a good one in Hagerstown. I didn't use him myself because I wanted mine done near family and went to Florida, but he would have been who I would have used. His before and after photos were awesome. Hears a link to his website: http://www.plasticsurgeryservices.net/
I just got a lift (no aug) with a TT on nov 8, but my mine were a wreck...the skin around the nipple had sagged considerably. Yours looks fab!!
Hola, I don't think you need one. Have you talked to your PS about that issue? I thought I needed a lift, but when I went to see my PS he said I didn't need one at all. You could look at my pics to get an idea :) Hope that helps