Saggy, Unattractive, Busted Can of Biscuits, (Tummy) Has Got to Go!!! - Maryland, MD

My expectations aren't unrealistic. I have talk to...

My expectations aren't unrealistic. I have talk to the PS and there is no other way to get rid of the sagging, stretched out skin. I am totally scared, as I have heard that it hurts like hell, but in the end, it is totally worth it. We shall see. I have been wanting to do this for 8 years.... I'm ready. I have to buy clothes 2 sizes larger than what I actually need, because of this muffin top! Which means, my boobs are half exposed because of the bagginess of the shirt when I bend over. And then, when I sit down, the shirt is too tight across my stomach! Ugh!!! I absolutely hate it! I just want to be able to where pretty, flattering clothes, that aren't going to put someone's eye out if the buttons fly off! I have to wear a belt to keep my lose rise jeans up, because I have no butt to hold them up, but the stomach is too big for my pants to come up any further! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!! I wear my shirts un-tucked, because I look like an old man with a beer gut if I tuck it in. I don't even want to talk about shaving in the Netherlands...... You know how hard it is to lift your stomach while shaving???? Not easy!!! I am sooooo looking forward to this procedure, not so much for the pain of it all. But, the pain in myself, that I have dealt with for so long, will finally be gone. I will update as I go through the process. My pre-op isn't until July, but I am starting my diet/exercise plan this coming week, to get ready. Any ideas/tips to share would be most appreciated to help me along in this journey..... TTYS

Waiting for the TT...2 months out....PICS

Just adding my before pictures....T minus 2 months and counting......

Getting anxious

Ok, so I am less than a moth away from my TT/Lipo and am starting to get anxious and scared. I have a slew of things going through my head... Do I really need this, what if they make a mistake, what if I get a blood clot, what if it looks worse than it did, what if, what if, what if???? I know countless people have been through this, but now its my turn and quite frankly, I'm scared! I have been trying to exercise and diet, and well, since I made my appt, I have only lost 4 pounds! I cant get my head wrapped around it. I know the more I lose now, the more he can take then, so I am really trying to stay focused and drop at least 10 pounds before the date. I have done well so far this week. As a matter of fact, it is this week, that I have lost the 4 pounds, so I guess you could say Im on track, so yay for that! I have my pre op next Wed, and I guess he will address all of my concerns then, but can any of you offer any suggestions on what to do, what not to do, things that saved you, and things that didn't make a bit of difference? My mom is coming to stay the week with me, and my husband will be here as well, so I do have help for moving around, but what am I really going to be feeling and needing?????? HELP!!!!

The excited and butterflies are setting in, I need suggestions please :)

Hi all! 4 days from now, I will be under the knife, getting my body back! I am getting scared, anxious, excited, all the emotions that are possible!!! I'm trying to get together a list of things that you ladies have found beneficial to your recovery and your first few days home, especially Day 1 and 2. What worked for you? What didn't? What should I buy from the store to make it easier??? Any help you that you can lend would be most appreciated...... Pineapple? Coconut water? Ive read about both of those, but what is their purpose and does it work???

That busted can of biscuits is GONE!!!!!!!!

Hi all! So, I am one day shy of 2 weeks post op. I am elated at the difference(s) I see, day to day. The first 2 days post op, I don't really remember much of anything, due to the fact that I was pretty drugged up. One thing I do remember, is having to get up EVERY hour to pee! My God, where did all of that come from???? I had ZERO appetite, but forced myself to eat crackers, so that I had a little something in my belly to take the meds on. 4 days post op, I ended up in the ER, because I was having problems breathing. Doc thought I should be seen in case it was a blood clot. Thankfully, after 2 hours of checking everything, it was just shortness of breath, They dosed me up, again, with IV drugs and sent me home. The next day, I went for my first post op, actually, my first was done via phone, by my husband, per the PS. So, Monday, I went for my post op. The PS said that I was healing PERFECTLY!!! (yay). They removed one of the drains, and I swear I turned into Linda Blair from The Exorcist! OMG, it hurt like hell!!!!!! I apologized to the nurse for cussing, and she said she has heard worse when she has removed drains! LOL. Back home, and back in my recliner...I hate that chair now! Its fine to fall asleep in when you want to, but when you have to, it sucks!!!! Anyway, I pretty much lived in the recliner, which had been moved to my bedroom, so as not to be bothered with anything other than my recovery. My mom stayed the first week and between her and my husband, they took 100% care of me. Mom cleaned, cooked, laundry, took care of the kids, ran the errands, all of it!!! Oh, she even changed my drains for me. God Love Her!!!! I didn't take my first shower until the 5th day. GAG!!!! I felt so yucky. Can I just say, that the first shower is AUH-MAZING!!!!!!! It felt so nice. My husband stood in the bathroom with me, bc I still had little strength. He washed my back for me, which again, felt amazing!!! I used a lanyard, to safety pin my drain to it, so that it would be out of the way for the shower. I made it out to the living room for a few hours the next day, but realized it was still too soon to sit up. :( I went for my 2nd post op apt on the 7th. I was smart, I took a pain killer on the ride there, knowing what was in store with having the 2nd drain removed. Fortunately, it didn't hurt at all. Praise the Lord!!!! LOL. PS said everything still looked great. I pointed out to him that I hadn't wore my binder for over 24 hours, due to some weird effect it was having on me. I seemed to have blistered on my flanks, like water blisters and my entire back and abdomen itched like crazy. He said it was a reaction to something, but he didn't know what. He said to apply cortisone to it and see if that helped. Im using the cortisone every 4 hours or so, bc it is still itching. OMG, I look like a dog covered in fleas, digging itself mad!!!!!! I truly hope that this mess goes away soon, as it is driving me up the wall!!!! Even my head and ears itch. WEIRD, I know!!! I haven't taken any pain killers since the 7th, and feel fine without them. I have taken Tylenol once since then, but that's it. I think, for me, what hurts the most is going from a sitting position to a standing position, due to the ab muscles being sewn back together. I am getting better each day. I am able to walk around without wincing in pain with each step. Its still a little tender, but not anything that I cant handle. I actually swept the floor and did laundry this past Monday, so I am happy about that.
All in all, he removed 5 pounds of FAT from my abdomen. Now, to me, 5 pounds of fat doesn't sound like a lot, so I looked it up. EW!!!! Its nasty and it is bigger than what I had thought. Although he removed 5 pounds of fat, I still came out of surgery weighing more than when I went in. I was like how in the hell can I weigh more when he took 5 pounds out of me?????? I was so upset. Well, it seems I was full of fluid. It has finally started to drop some and so the scale is beginning to move DOWN!!!! I do have some of my appetite back, but nothing like it was. That's totally a good thing! I am able to go up and down the steps unassisted now, and take a shower without someone being in the room with me. I really thought I would be "laid up" a lot longer than I was, so I am so happy that I am healing faster than I thought I would. I go back to work, this Friday. It is very tiresome to stand for long periods, but it is also just as uncomfortable to sit for long periods too. I go for another post op apt next Tuesday. Im sure I am still progessing well, and hopefully this tape that they put on me is totally gone by then. It is irritating to say the least!!! But, it is totally worth it, to see a smaller me in the mirror. I haven't tried on any of my clothes yet. I am waiting til I go back to work, on Friday. I have been living in bike shorts (bc I cant wear the binder all the time, due to the blisters) and yoga pants. I have NEVER worn yoga pants, and let me tell you, I now see why people wear them. They are very comfortable! lol. I don't know how many stitches I have, but I know they go from hip to hip. PS said they are ALL internal, and will dissolve on their own in about 14-20 days.
I am extremely happy with the results, thus far, and cant wait to see the changes over the next few months. I will keep you posted on my progress.
This was totally worth all the pain, and crying that I have endured over the last 2 weeks. When I went on my first coughing spell, I thought I would die!!! It hurt so bad. I learned to keep a pillow with my at all times! I kept one in the bathroom, bc it seemed more comfortable when sitting on the toilet. Why, I don't know, but it did. I had my first post op sneeze, yesterday. While it hurt, it wasn't near as bad as the coughs!!!! I have anew belly button too! And so far, it "looks" cute. LOL I haven't been able to get all of the junk out of it, but from what I can see, it looks great too! I'll let you know how my next visit goes!
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon

So far, my interactions with this doctor, have been wonderful. The staff is great, his bedside manner is awesome. He is down to earth, and tells it like it is. He told me what to do to *get ready*, so that I can be in the best shape possible for the surgery. They have followed up with me, since my consultation, and I look forward to the final outcome.

Hope you find something to help with the itching. Nakedness at work would not go over well, but maybe upstairs at home?hahah! My adult son is going to stay with my hubby and I for the first week or so, and my nakedness would freak him out! He is the best caregiver though, he just knows what is needed before I know I need it. He will be an asset for sure after surgery. Thinking about you
I think the coconut oil may help with the "itchies". I had all kinds if weird feelings the first two months...itchy under the skin, not on surface, kind of creepy crawly. My doc prescribed a muscle relaxer along with the pain meds, and it helped. But really, it's just a time thing. The light massaging helped me the most. Let me know if it helps. HUGS :-DSuzy
So happy to hear you've made it to the two week mark. The next two weeks are likely to be kinda "swell-ish" (swell hellish), so try not to get discouraged. It as all part of the healing process. Keep drinking lots of water, it helps flush out your system and tissues. Also, if you can tolerate it, I suggest light rubbing/massaging of the tummy with coconut or palmers oil. It helps with the nerve regeneration and circulation. Coconut oil has natural anti/inflammatory properties, so that's what I used. I did it each nite for a couple months, starting at about week three. It felt very comforting and that I was doing something to help things along. Keep up the awesome progress...you look FABULOUS! HUGS :-DSuzy
Oh ya, stay away from the incision with the oil until it is completely closed and healed up.
Suzy....did you use the Virgin Coconut oil? Same as for cooking? Sounds pretty good for increasing blood supply with light massage. Thanks for sharing that idea.
Yes, same coconut oil. AND it's great for your skin as well. You're welcome.
Thank you Suzy!!!! I am so glad you told me about swell-ish, as I woke up this morning, looking like a pumpkin!!! I had an awful night, with itching, again, last night! OMG! Why in the world am I itching so bad????? I was able to get the steri strips off last night after my shower, and what a world of difference that made with the itching in that area, but lord, my chest and boobs were itching so bad I thought I was going to draw blood from scratching! Any ideas????? I hadn't heard about the oil(s). I will pick some up the next time I go out. Its such a weird feeling across my tummy. Its like, I cant feel anything, but OMG, the touch of my shirt on my skin is driving me crazy! It feels like spiders crawling on me. If I could run around naked for a month, I think I would, however, others may not appreciate it! LOL I go back to work tomorrow, and I don't know how I am going to hide this itching. I guess I will dose myself up on Benadryl and hope that that works. Thanks for all your ideas! Anything else that you can think of, just let me know!
I was wondering if I should/could put anything on the incision yet. Thanks for the heads up!
Shells.....you look amazing, that hourglass tummy is beautiful. Hope mine comes out like yours! Now it is time for you to enjoy your new bod. Take it easy at work, and continued healing vibes being sent to you. Thanks for sharing your journey!
Thank you, Dream Cruiser. It was funny...when I had my pre-op pics taken, the nurse said, Wow, you already have a nice hourglass there. I was like, huh? Where? I guess she saw what I hadn't seen for years. I look back at pics and it is actually there, but I couldn't see it, bc all I saw was FAT!
Hi Shells- are you on the flat side? How are you doing? Thinking about you, let us know how recovery is going.
Hey!!!!!! Yes! I am on the flat side!!!! Update coming in just a few minutes :)
How exciting that your date is so close. I never had Lipo so I can't give you any thoughts there, as for the tt the only thing I bought was a raised back frame for my bed to give some support to my back(I should of just hired one cause I was sleeping flat on my back within a few days) but whilst I was more upright it was a godsend. Other than that I got nothing. Drink lots of water to give your body a good flush through and eat plenty of protein to help healing. You are going to do fine:) xx
Your title is hilarious!!! I've never heard that before lol! I had my surgery on the 14th everything went great the pain kicked in the 2nd most of the bad pain was gone after the 4th day. Now I'm dealing with the from lipo. Wishing you good luck and a blessed surgery and recovery
Shells, I just read your review. You are going to be SO THRILLED to have a "normal" tight abdomen. I think it's going to change your life: for the better. Yes, the first 3 days are truly tough, but you do 1/2 marathons so quite sincerely, you cannot listen to folks who report "agony". It's not that they're wrong (I probably said it! during the 1st three days.) The first 7 were uncomfortable but certainly bearable, especially with the Percocet. I took no more than 8 days of it. IF your surgeon happens to be one who believes "no pain meds are needed" you absolutely MUST go elsewhere. From then on: perfect...no pain at all. And while I've only lost (10lbs on my own, since Xmas) 11 lbs since the surgery 3 weeks ago, I did not do it to "lose weight" but to have a framework to work from. My 42 yrs since 1st baby have been disheartening, to say the least. I have not been allowed to do more than "fast walking" yet, but see the PS again tomorrow and am hoping to be permitted to use my elliptical trainer right after that. You go girl, a little anxiety is okay but honestly, you'll miss the whole deal, wake up feeling fine and then go to work w/ your hubby's help to ensure your pains are managed carefully. I took 2 perc every 5-6 hours. I think if you read any of the TT articles (including mine) on this website, you'll discover if there are any "last-minute things" to pick up in next 3 days. Hardest thing for me was getting up from reclined position: I used zero gravity recliner (easier than normal recliner to push down with feet vs using your arm and trunk to reach over for the release button, and have nice baggy but comfy PJs. Good luck!! Praying for you!
Check out my profile...I tried to share a lot. It might answer some of your questions. You really will do fine. Glad to hear you have help, especially the first week post op, that is the toughest time. Best wishes :-DSuzy
Well going in she said I would need the fleur de lis and I said ok, I have a ton of stretch marks and scars won't bother me. A 2 pc suit is never in my cards again. I told her to do what she needed to make it the best she could. While in there she found that if she did that she could tighten up the back and get rid of the roll under the bra while she was at it and went ahead and did it. And the roll is gone so I am ok with it.
Busted can o biscuits, bahahahaha ! But seriously, you are in no worse shape than a lot of us, so no worries. You'll be glad you did this, so congrats. Check out my profile, I put lots of details on how things went for me, might be helpful. Best wishes, :-DSuzy
Good luck and welcome! Girl, we can all identify with what you are going through. I'm counting down the days to be past this stage in my life. xoxo
Thank you for the kind welcome! Were you scared? I go from scared to excited to overwhelmed.... talk about roller coaster of emotions...
My surgery is 2 weeks from today, on the 13th. I'm sure that I'll be nervous the day before, but I'm fine right now. I had a breast reduction last June, so it has somewhat prepared me. You're welcome and I hope that you find answers to most/all of your concerns. Try not to stress too much...xoxo
Oh. I thought you had the TT already. I don't know what I was reading! LOL I wish the best during your surgery. Cant wait to hear all about it, as I am trying to learn as much as I can BEFORE I go under. Things that work, things that don't, things not to forget, things I don't need to remember........
I can understand that. In still learning myself. Well, I'll be keeping everyone posted. Let me know if you have any questions after I cross over to the flat side. :)
LOL I know EXACTLY how hard it is to hold your stomach up while shaving there...and have tales of many cuts and razor burn to prove it!!! Do you know what kinf of TT you will be having? Basic? With muscle repair? Just the horizontal incision or the vertical too?
Lol @ the proof! Don't I know that razor burn feeling. I hate it!!! I am having the apdominalplasty with lipo muscle repair as well and should just be a horizontal scar. That scares me... every time I see one of those scars I cringe....