Swelling Under the Lower Right Eye After 99 Days After Surgery - Maryland, MD

I am a 55 year old healthy woman that had lower...

I am a 55 year old healthy woman that had lower eyelid surgery 99 days ago. I still have swelling under the right eye is that common? I sleep with my head evaluate and use warm compress. When will this go away? Can I have an affection in my right eye that's swell? Also some pain in the left eye.

Another question is it also common to have...

Another question is it also common to have stitches left in your left eye that have not dissolved and I feel a small pinball that have pain when you touch and see in your skin after 99 days of surgery.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

I did some research and reading other similar cases and most people rate this doctor very good.

I had mine done 19 months ago and still have a funny butterfly tingly feeling below both my eyes. The doc told me that it is the nerves healing. I have used cold and warm compress and I find that the warm works for me. Some days I have a sunken look below my eyes and other days I can have a little swelling. I think you should see your surgeon about the stitch and the pain.
Maybe you should go back to see your doctor or get the advice of another one about the stitches, swelling, and the pain. My doctor told me not to use heat at all - only cold compresses. I still sleep on my back with my head elevated and it's been 3 years (had it done at age 50), just because I'm afraid of getting swelling (and I suffer from sinus headaches). And I never use warm water around my eyes, except whatever falls down when washing my hair in the shower. Good luck!! Hopefully it will turn out wonderful soon!