Finally - Maryland, MD

I have been lurking on this site since my first...

I have been lurking on this site since my first consult (ok I am borderline obsessed with it). The biggest thing for me was dates, I wante dto know how long bewteen each step should I expect to wait. So I will start off my my review with dates. I went to see my primary care physician in January and she was awesome in getting the ball rolling. She recommended I go to physical therapy, since that would give the insurance company more eveidence that this definitely a problem. So I went to PT at the end of March (I procrastinated with this appt. because all of this wasnt real to me yet). Well my PCP sent it off to the insurance compant and they approved me immediately (I guess the PT notes helped) to see the Plastic Surgeon. So my first consult was April 18th and it wa sthe best day of my life. Wonderful doctor and he took one look at me and sid its a done deal, I WOULD be getting my surgery. FINALLY, or so I thought, my world crashed around me a couple of days later when I called about scheduling, the not so nice schduler basically told me I would be getting the surgery around Christams since the doctor had a really long waiting list. At this point I was crushed but I only stayed down for a minute, I reaserached my health plan and figured out that I could see a doctor outside of Kaiser. So my wonderful PCP gave me a referral and it was approved I saw him last Thursady 6/13 and he basically said the same thing, that the surgery was a done deal. SOOOO in the last couple of days I decided to call my first doctor back (6/19/2013) and miraculously they had open dates (what if I hadnt called???) and I am now scheduled for July 24, 2013 YAYYYYY. Finally!

Now I must warn you, I will be putting up my picture but I think I hould warn you ladies that they some of the biggest I have seen on this site. I have dealt with extremly large breats for a long time. I am 31 and I want to enjoy things regualr size women enjoy. I want o go swimmimg, I dont want to wear granny tops for the rest of my life. Most importantly I want this weight gone. The doctor said he could remove 15 pounds easily if not more. I want to be a full c cup. Ok ladies, I will be updating thsi site all the time now. I look forward to sharing with all of you especially when I am on the other side!

I am excited for you..best wishes..as you get closer we can all give you tips on things that you should stock up on to make your recovery smooth. I am glad that you have fond someone to do the surgery. It is truly the best thing ever...is it easy? Not always, but dig down and find your patience..i lived for 38 yrs with mine and finally did it on mar 26...best thing ever. I am now three months post op, and loving my new girls. It literally took the weight off of my chest..and my back is great..best wishes to you...we will support you..oh and dont fret about pics..after awhile i laughed because i have taken so many boob shots..it has become second nature now!

Pic

Omg!! They say a picture tells a thousand words but yours tells a thousand cup sizes!!! IDK how you do it but you are a strong woman carrying those around. You are going to feel so much better have you have those things taken down a notch you cant even imagine. But i wanted you to know that you are far from alone in being that size. i've been lurking this site for ages but your pic finally made me join up and not feel so alone in being this big but i'm not brave enough to post up a pic though!!
You poor thing.....I thought I was in rough shape with my rib cage being so small but pheww how have you been doing it? So glad you didn't get down and give up. I keep hearing from people that have had it done that it will change my life. So I am sure it will change yours too. Good luck mama. I'm from D.C. by the way so that 410 is very familiar. My surgery is July 2nd.
Good luck, i know you can't wait to get the other side everybody says it's the best thing they have ever done. I will be glad when it's our turn. I know you are anxious, I am tossing and turning every night waiting for the 24th. Looking forward to update!

pre op done today

I had my pre op appt. today and all it did is make me 1000 times more anxious! I can not wait until July 24th, I did get some hope today, i talked to my doctor's scheduler and it looks like she may be able to get me in before the 24th. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies! I want to wear a cute sundress before it gets cold out lol ?

HEY!!! have you heard anything from the ps about your day being moved up!!!
I'm keeping up with your story i'm praying you get your date pushed up a bit
Hey honey havent heard from you in a few days....have you heard anything back from the ps about moving your day up!!!!

pics

I'm taking a bunch of before pics in clothes. I think once these things are gone i can actually stop referring to myself as a big girl, I might even appear a little small/medium, especially once i get rid of this gut! !! Come on July 24th!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Oh I forgot to mention...

The girls are still super huge, i just tie these babies up real good, so tired of it!!!!

Hello!! Nice to meet a neighbor! I am super excited for you!!!!!
Thank you for sharing! OMG, I'm truly excited for you, Did your PS tell what size he/she could get you to? I know they have some limitations blood flow concern ect. I hope you have an awesome outcome. I've seen a video on youtube of a lady with MUCH bigger breast then you, me, all of us on here, and her doc did a fantastic job, check it out, might make you feel better about everything. I look forward to following your journey!
Thank you for your prayers I'm home now minor pain nothing that I can't bare...I feel like I know you to hun

1 more full day with my big girls!

OMG, i can't believe it's almost here!!!!!! I have 1 more full day of double bras, of shoulder indentations, back pain and all of the other good ol gifts my girls give me. I will savor this last night of sleeping all over my bed like a crazy person for a while. Tomorrow night i don't expect to get much sleep since i have to get up at 4 in the morning to make it to the hospital on time. I am sooooo ready, i have no anxiety or fear just excitement!!!! I'm always on the go and I've been getting that out of my system, I've been running around and keeping busy so i haven't had time to really dwell on the surgery. I have been on this site all nite though lol. I am a super procrastinator so i have lots of housework to keep me busy tomorrow. I look forward to updating you all very soon!!!!

What's up boo are you out of surgery!!!
Thinking about you...
Good luck today! Can't wait to hear updates!

I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE!

So far so good, I haven't seen them yet but when i look down i look almost flat chested lol, which is a good thing. I woke up starving, and just ate so i feel better. I did throw up and dry heave after i woke up but now i feel better. I am staying overnight in the hospital, the doctor told my mom that i am 16 pounds lighter! I was in surgery for about 5 hours.

Happy healing to you hun. I thought my healing was going too well but its a blessing to be healing well. The drains coming out will sting a bit but you will feel free. My nipple grafts are still healing pretty well. Do exactly what ur PS tells u regarding their healing. Sending prayers to you and all the ladies healing
Glad to here from you hun IM glad you are in love with your girls...take it easy get lots of rest in drink lots of water
Will do, how are you feeling as far as pain goes... i haven't had any pain, I'm afraid it will creep up on me.

pics

Oh my goodness! Your new girls look fantastic! I hope mine turn out pretty like that. My before is so similar to yours. Even your nipple graft looks great! Thanks for updating the site. Seeing all these reviews make me so much more excited!

Finally my post op update!

First i want to say that i agree with everyone on here about this being soooo worth it!!!!! I have had zero pain since waking up from surgery! I finally got to see them on Monday and again today, i showered today YAY. I just can't get over the transformation, they are so small and perfect, check out my pics, im sure you will agree the transformation is out of this world. Everything is going so smooth. I haven't been extra tired, i have a normal appetite, i have had a bowel movement. Im just relaxing and waiting until i can drive again which is next Monday. The only part that has been the devil is sleeping on my back!! But even that is getting better by the day!!! I wish everyone on here either happy healing or happy waiting, the whole journey is life changing!

I think this is the first time I have seen your review. What an awesome transformation! You must feel so much better. I am 4 months post-op and I am so very happy I had my BR. I am looking forward to this summer without pain rashes, etc. thanks for sharing!
What's up buddy how's things going!!
Omg, I can't explain to you how good Im doing. When they say life changing, it truly is! I go back to work on Tuesday and I saw the doctor on Monday and he said everything is looking excellent. My stitches are completely gone, you can barely tell I had surgery. I saw you in your cute dress, you go girl. I think that's the biggest reward of this surgery is to be able to wear normal clothes!