BOOBIES LOOKING GOOD !!! - Maryland

Hey everybody I'm getting breast reduction...

Hey everybody I'm getting breast reduction surgery next Monday (10/24/11) . Words cannot describe how I'm feeling.

I'm 18 years old, and I started growing boobs when I was 9. Now I'm a fully 38DD and I'm only 5'3 and my weight is 120. I've always hated my self for having large breast. I feel so insecure and have very low self esteem . My dad felt my pains but couldn't do anything because he has no money and also bad credit for loans. I thought I would never get rid of my large breast.

To make a long story short, I decided to try my insurance but many people told me that the insurance hardly pay for this procedure. I was discouraged. But I still went ahead and talked to my primary care provider. He told me flat out that the insurance would not pay for it and that I was wasting my time. I was discouraged again . But still I asked him for a referral to go see a surgeon . He gave it to me and there I went.

I explained to the surgeon my situation and she perfectly understood me. I told her I'm also interested in joining the military right after high school. So she file a claim to the insurance she also included my symptoms, me wanting to join the military . She did tell me that I might not get approve because I don't have any documentation from physical therapy , or chiropractor . Anyways she did file, and exactly three days later , I was Approved.

I was mad excited. My insurance ends in two months so I schedule the surgery right away. Insurance paying for it 100% I'm lucky. I'm on Medicare ( priority partners ) .

I just have one question. What can I do to reduce swelling , and recover quickly so that I can return to school because I'm taking two weeks off . Thanks for reading.

SO I AM OFFICIALLY FIVE DAYS POST OP. AND OH MY...

SO I AM OFFICIALLY FIVE DAYS POST OP. AND OH MY GOSH I'M SO HAPPY I DID THIS. I HARDLY FEEL ANY PAIN ANY MORE, AND MY BREASTS ARE HEALING GREAT. THE HARDEST DAY WAS THE DAY AFTER SURGERY. BUT THINGS ARE GOING GREAT. I STILL HAVE SWELLING OF COURSE BUT I CAN CLEARLY SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. I AM GETTING READY TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IN ABOUT A WEEK. I HAVE A LOT OF MAKE UP WORK TO DO. BUT I REALLY DON'T MIND RIGHT NOW BECAUSE MY SURGERY IS DEFINITELY WORTH IT. IF THERE IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT HAVING THIS PROCEDURE, STOP ! THINKING ! AND ! JUST DO IT ! ...IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. FORGET THE PAIN THAT'S WHY THEY WILL PRESCRIBE YOU PAIN KILLERS TO MAKE THE PAIN BEARABLE. I HATE FEELING PAIN BUT I DID IT. SO IF I DID IT, THEN ANYBODY CAN DO IT.
I WAS LUCKY BECAUSE MY INSURANCE PAID FOR EVERYTHING 100%. AGAIN BEST DECISION EVER. AND TRUST ME I'M 18, MAKING BAD DECISIONS IS MY SPECIALTY.
SO BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY BEST DECISION EVER !!!
EVERYBODY KEEPS GIVING ME THUMPS UP. I LOVE MY BREASTS.
BELOW IS BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES.
AGAIN I'M FIVE DAYS POST OP SO THERE IS STILL SOME SWELLING. BTW MY SURGEON SAID AFTER THE SWELLING GOES DOWN, I WILL BE A 36C. SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ME SMALL BECAUSE I'M YOUNG. OVERALL, I THINK THAT'S THE PERFECT SIZE SO I'M EXCITED.

Wow a month post op today. what can i say? boobies...

wow a month post op today. what can i say? boobies still looking and growing strong. everything looks great no complications whatsoever. and i was fortunate that i didn't catch an infection. still best decision ever. i'm just waiting for summer to roll by quciky, so i can wear my fav tops and dresses without a bra ! thanks to every one for their comments and support. i appreciate

2 years

Hey everyone,
. Last time I posted was more than a year ago. Well I'm almost two years post surgery. And I'm so fortunate because I never had any complications. I never even went back for my post surgery appointments. That's how successful my surgery has been. Best decision I've ever made in my life. I love my breast.
Dr. Fayazi Behnaz

SHE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND KEPT ASKING IF I HAD ANY MORE QUESTIONS. SHE IS PREGNANT SO SHE DIDN'T REALLY SPENT SO MUCH TIME. SHE WAS KINDA TIRED FREQUENTLY I UNDERSTOOD THAT BECAUSE SHE IS ALMOST 8 MONTHS PREGNANT. THE OFFICE STAFF WAS GREAT I ONLY HAD TO WAIT LIKE 5 MINUTES DURING MY APPOINTMENTS. OVERALL I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYBODY WHO LIVES IN MARYLAND BECAUSE SHE IS A SKILLED SURGEON.

I have been back and forth on your page for about a year. I'm glad that you have had success with your reduction. I have just started my mission to get mines. Like you I have priority partners. I saw my doctor yesterday, and before I even took my bra off he said "Yea, you need a reduction" LOL! He examined me and said it felt like I was carrying 10lbs on my chest. And it surely feel like it. Anyway he wrote my referral and gave me a prescription for some strong Motrin. I contacted PP as soon as I got home, and they told me he need to call in to let them know that this is definitely needed. So he told me to come back tomorrow, so we can do this together. They also said that they needed pictures to show. I figured once they see the pics and how my breast are close to my belly button at the age of 30, they will approve. I also have grooves in my shoulders. I'm pretty anxious, my appt with a plastic surgeon who takes the insurance is about 3 weeks. So I hope things go well. I would like to get mines done ASAP, because I just got into running and my breast have hindered me so much. Not only that I'm a parent, so the sooner the better. Mines is definitely medically necessary. I have a small paper trail of discussing the issue when I was 17 with a dr.. Getting xrays in my 20's for my back and then now. So fingers crossed!!! I'm determined!
Oh my goodness I wish you all the luck in the world. You will get approved. Please have faith and everything will be fine. Ask the surgeon when you go in for your appointment to put in all the symptoms and how the breast is tormenting you. reading your post you gonna get approved because it seems like your breasts are bigger than mine before my surgery. Wishing you luck. Keep me posted
Hi, when I met my surgeon two years ago, for an initial consultation, I didn't have anything. You have your chiropractic. I called the insurance and asked if they cover breast reduction. They answered yes if is "medically necessary" so they referred me to a surgeon. My surgeon was skeptical because she said I might not get approved because I have nothing to prove like physical therapy to at least ease the pain. She wanted me to wait and go see a PT so the insurance can see that I tried other method before resulting to breast reduction. Anyways long story short, I didn't listen to her. I told her to file. She took pictures of my breast and send it to the insurance. Three days later I myself called priority partners to find out and bang I was approved. So in my case my breast size was all they needed to see to see that it is medically necessary. If you wanna have some backup before you apply then is fine. It increases your chances. But my advice is call the insurance to locate you a surgeon, and reason with the surgeon to put it good words for you so they can see that is really medically necessary. The cost was about $11, 200 and it was covered 100% at holy Cross hospital. Have faith and good luck!
Hello Vivianne! Your post gives me hope! I'm just starting the process of searching for a surgeon and requesting consultations. I too have Priority Partners and I'm concerned about the "hoops". I'm 38, 5'7 about 160lbs and currently a 36DDD. I am lucky enough to have backing by my Chiropractor. I'm just curious what their "guidelines" are and what they consider "medically necessary"
hello,
well her name is fayazi behnaz and she is in chevy chase. the adress is 5530 Wisconsin Avenue Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301) 215-7550 there is the phone number you can call and ask any question and fix up a consultation date. hope i answer your question the way you wanted. and wishing you luck :)
Hi I'm in Maryland and I'm searching for a doctor who will approve me to get a breast reduction I wear a 34DDD but I am a really thin girl I'm 5'7 114 and these things drive me insane could you let me know the name of your doctor and location thank you.
thank you . indeed i have. i actually was fitted yesterday. now that the swelling has gone down, i got fitted and i am a 36c. i was a 38dd before. so huge difference
@ Vivianne in Maryland, Have you been fitted yet to verify what bra size you are now that you've had the reduction? Your results are Amazing!
thanks. yeah she really did. i think she did such an amazing job because she's a woman and she can better understand our pains. lol i know that feeling with shirts. i finally conguer that. anyways wishing you the best of luck :)
Congrats! Your PS did an amazing job! I can't wait to be able to wear a button-up shirt without my boobs pulling it open around the buttons, lol.
aw thanks so much. breast reduction is something that needs to be done. results really do change lives. well i'm 18 i don't plan on having any kids in the near future. so i guess my breast are going to be looking fine for a long time. congrats to you too on having the surgery done. is better late than never :)
your so brave and you deserve to feel good and not suffer anymore! I had my reduction done on aug. 18 at the age of 39 and the only thing i regret about it is NOT doing it SOONER! I breastfed all 3 of my children and needed to wait until i was completely finished having babies before going thru with it. my insurance covered it completely as well. congratulations!!
thnaks :)

You look amazing!!!!!!

thanks alot. well I've been coping good since i went to school. my friends have been such a great help. because they help me carry my bag and stuff. sometimes i get sore from climbing the stairs in school. apart from that, everything else looks good. you might have had your surgery late but better late than never. still i'm excited for you that you did it and feel much better. because getting those weight off, is such a relief.
Hi Vivianne. Glad to hear that everything went so well for you and that you are thrilled with your results. How is it going now that you are back in school? I'm so happy for you that you were able to do this while you were young. I just had my done 11 weeks ago at the age of 40 and wish I had done it when I was younger, but am so thankful that I had the opportunity to do it now! Good luck with your continued healing!
Aww thanks so much. Ive been getting alot of rest. My chest feels so tight and my breast, wow looks so small and perky. Pain is bearable. I think the surgery is definately worth it. Just buy alot of soft pillows it helps to keep your back, head and neck in a comfy position. I'm takin one day at a time. Again thanks for your wishes. I will be thinking of you too on the day of your surgery.
I am sooooo glad your surgery went well! My doctor wants me to take arnica montana too. Thanks for the well wishes. :o) My surgery is in two weeks! I'll be praying for your continued recovery. Be sure to get lots of rest!!! Okay?? Again, I am so happy for you!
Thanks. Im feelin great. Pain was nothing I expected. there is hardly no pain. If I feel any pains, just pop in a pain meds. Works great. I think the worst part is waking up from the anesthesia. Feeling confused, very very tired and sore throat. And also vomiting. But the whole thing wears off hours later. I will post pics in about two weeks when most of the swelling has gone down. Swelling is not that bad because I took arnica montana pills a week before surgery. and im goin to continue taking it for another two weeks . it helps alot too. If youre wondering where I bought the arnica pills, since you live in maryland I bought it in Rockville ( vitamins store)
Anyways your big day is coming up soon. I will definately keep you in my prayers. Stayed blessed.
Good luck today!
Hello there,
Nice to hear from you. Oh my gosh since 5th grade? Oh wow is been a long time considering you're now 27. In my case, I just couldn't wait that long the physical and emotional Pain was becoming unbearable. But I'm excited for you to finally have the courage to do the surgery. my friends keep telling me (Esp guys) that I'm making the biggest mistake. I told each and evry one of them to take a gallon that weights about five pounds and tie it around their necks, and caryy it for 10minutes and If they don't complain, then I'm not gonna have the surgery. I just wanted to give them a dose of what i feel every seconds of my life . But they all failed miserably . Lol

Anyways I'm very excited . The big day is finally tomorrow !!
I'm so ready. I'm not even nervous or anything. I'm just so excited
Bye for now will keep you posted . Thanks
Hi Vivianne! I am also in Maryland. I have be suffering with large breast since 5th grade. Although wanted a reduction for years, I never followed through. People told me that insurance would not cover the procedure and I believed them. Now I am 27 and finally having my surgery. My date is scheduled for November 9.

Your day is coming soon! Are you excited? If I don't hear from you, know that I will be praying for a safe surgery and speedy recovery. :o)
thanks Kimmers i will do exactly as you say. i just have to take it slow and let my body do the rest. and yes i will definately keep y'all posted and will post pictures when am atleast two weeks post operation. stay blessed

Welcome to RealSelf!

Your persistence paid off and I am so happy for you!  Just a few more days and you are going to feel so much lighter.   DD's are just to much for a little person.  Relief is on the way:)

As far as swelling goes you really need to just go slow for the two weeks and rest.  The body will heal itself and this cannot be rushed.  While you can use heat and ice for temporary relief.  Also keep up on your pain meds and drink plenty of fluids.   Make sure to be eating healthy and get plenty of good lean protein.  This helps in the healing process.

You will do beautifully and be back up and on schedule before you know it.  Two weeks off is great.  When you do go back just make sure to very careful and cautious up to the 4 week mark.  At that point you will be good to go.  I was back at the gym and working out 4 weeks to the day of my surgery.

Be a good patient and follow doctors orders and soon you will be healed.

Keep us up to date on how you are doing.

Thank you MrsLaster I will try the sheet thing.