Fat Transfer to the Face Plus Laser Resurfacing - Tullahoma, TN

I am an avid exerciser and I work with children. ...

I am an avid exerciser and I work with children. I had a lot of lines around my mouth, I guess where I pursed my lips when the kids did not do what I wanted them to do. I also had the deep nasal labial folds around my mouth and circles under my eyes. I just wanted to look the way that I felt. It has always been on my bucket list to get some work done and look as young as possible. So, after many consultations with different doctors, I found Dr. Marvel in Tullahoma. One thing about him, he did not charge for the anesthesia like some of the other doctors. One doctor was charging $800 more than Dr. Marvel because of the anesthesia. So, I decided to take the plunge after he said he thought the CO2 laser would be good for me along with the fat transfer.

I arrived at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday and took the pills that they gave me. They assured me that I would feel no pain. I went to sleep and remember them taking me to another room where Dr. Marvel started working on me for the fat transplants. I can honestly say that I did not feel a thing UNTIL they started doing the laser on my forehead. That was the most intense pain that I have ever felt. They would do a little on the forehead and move to another area of the face. I never felt it on my face at all, but when they moved to my forehead...OMG. I got through that, and was worried about the burning that I have read about that happens after it is all over. I can say that I did not feel any burning at all. I don't even remember the ride home. We got home about 12:00, and the next thing I knew, it was 5:00 p.m. I got up and ate a little something, and went back to sleep.

I have some video blogs about each day on YouTube. If you type in my name, Cindy Lamb, you will find them. It tells about each day's journey, and how the healing process went.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photos, before and after

Wow your PS did a great job on you : ) yeah find out how much CC you received and if you don't mind get back to us : )
Oh my goodness, I totally forgot. I will call them on Monday and find out. Thank you for your patience!
So, did you have fat transfer done only to the nasolabial folds & under the eyes? You look great, by the way.

Fat Transfer and Co2 Laser Resurfacing

It has been four weeks since I had my procedure. I am happy with the results. I just hope these results will last as long as it took me to save up the money!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Fat Transfer and Co2 Laser Resurfacing

I am at week 6. I have read that when you get fat transfers that up to 90% of the fat can be reabsorbed in your body. I think the entire 90% was reabsorbed in mine. There is a small difference, but for the money, I think fillers are better and don't cost as much. The laser resurfacing was also a little disappointing. I thought my skin would be MUCH improved. I really can't tell a whole lot about the texture being much better. But I understand that these procedures are different for all people. What I had done to me might have made a world of difference in someone else. Oh well, now I'm saving up for the facelift!

I've heard that having Co2 right after fat transfer can cause more fat to be absorbed more quickly. I think if you were to do another fat transfer, but skip the risky laser treatment then you'd have a more long lasting result with the fat. Then again, I'm a bit biased against lasers.
Pretty
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Marvel did a good job answering my questions. He was thorough and precise. I think he is a good doctor.