Recovery Isn't What I Thought - Marina Del Rey, CA

After having c section for delivery of twins, my...

After having c section for delivery of twins, my flat stomach turned saggy. To resolve this matter, I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago. To my surprise, the recovery is nothing close to what all doctors promise. I have a high pain tolerance and up today, I have to wear a garment compressant to help the pain. My stomach's skin is very tight but the swollen is getting worse to the point that I look 5 months pregnant, NOW, dr says thats normal and may take up to a year for swollen to go away....My pants were size 0 before TT, now I have to wear size 6/8 in order to zip it up. My advise to all of you considering doing this painful surgery is to think about it very good and don't believe doctors, recovery time at least to feel good may easily exceed 3 months, so do not schedule any important social event if your idea was to look better with the tt, must have a person to take care of you and your daily duties for at least 3 weeks 'cause you wont be able to do much, walking will be very slow and forget about bending... Going back to work will depend on the type of job you do, I work in an office and went back to work after 3 wks of tt, it was a very hard experience, I can imagine someone with a more physical depending job!!!

Depending on the type of work you have, going back to forget about going back to work for min 3 weeks. You will be surprise of how depressed, ugly and frustrated you will feel for months... Bottom line, don't believe Docs when they say 1 month recovery, little pain, back to work in 2 wks and specially dont believe when they offer TT's on July to enjoy the summer.... You most likely enjoy christmas!!! Good luck to all of you and hope this gives you a more realistic recovery time frame and what really you will go thru.... I'm still hopeful that one day my tummy will go back to my previous size and one day will enjoy my work out rutine, 'cause I forgot to say that working out has been impossible and most likely will take some extra months for me to feel safe to hit a gym.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I believe he's a excellent dr but frivolous. I chose this dr base on his experience and qualifications. He did a great job with my tt in less then 2 hours. Problem is that he is extremely busy so he has very limited time for patients, specially after surgery. Another bad thing about him is that he and all his nurses are not honest about the recovery process in order to take the business. Great doctor with business priority!

I hope things are going better for you...are you able to work out now?

Welcome to RealSelf.  Thank you for sharing your very honest review!!

You are correct this is a super long recovery and takes endless patience.  Hang in there and things will improve. We are all here to support you.