Tummy Tuck Greatness, is It Possible? - Marina Del Rey, CA

I recently had a full tummy tuck and breast lift...

I recently had a full tummy tuck and breast lift and am at day 24!!! The best decision of my life by far.

I had lost over 150 lbs and worked out daily 1-2 hours a day and could never appreciate the body I had worked for because of all the skin that would hang on me.

August 16th I went in under Dr. Macias in MDR, CA and I can report zero issues at this time. Day 4-6 I was off pain meds and getting out of bed on my own. My tummy tuck included stitches in abdominal wall which is uncomfortable but not unbearable. Day 12-18 I went to Texas and visited with family and the one thing that I did experience was a lot of swelling. But salt, travel and standing really contributed to that. As soon as I got home the swelling went back down.

Now on day 24 things are starting to show marked improvement. Sleeping on my side for the last few days and now a little bit on my stomach...it's more the breast lift that prohibits me from doing it more.

I got in for post op tomorrow again, as I am going weekly to pick up scar gel and see when I can get back to the gym.

My experience has been so positive I don't want to jinks it....but why are there so many bad reviews and issues that people are having and I have not experienced any thus far (not that I don't feel very very blessed)....do issues start arising around this time?

Back at the gym!

Finally got the ok to go back to the gym. One half hour every other day! WTH...Im only allowed to lift between 5-7 lbs. for biceps or triceps...again I say WTH! lol....May have pushed too hard yesterday as my stomach around the stitches seems sore...I thought I might have popped a stitch but it feels better today. I'm wondering if anyone out there starts feeling intermittent pain after working out? Not sharp pains but just sparks and tingling and a general achey feeling after the workout?

Beginning of week 6

Feeling a bit better about not wearing my binder 24/7. I actually like it, it's comfortable to have the support and keeps the swelling to a minimum. It does get bulkly if I am wearing a tank top or something but I don't really want to get rid of it :) This is my last week with it :(

Finally got on the scale and at my lowest I was 171. Now that being said..I ended up gaining about 5 lbs in and around the surgery date because I kept telling myself "I might as well eat now so he gets every last bit of fat!" Don't get on me about my thinking lol..purely just an excuse. Weighed in this morning at 180lb! Now...Im not complaining because I have been eating whatever I want for 8-10 weeks but now its time to get serious to get the body I wanted...Going to the gym everyday this week for at least an hour...lots of cardio, still no weights
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Marina Plastic Surgery Center, MDR California Really really great facility. Im on week 4 and even though I know there is swelling I am happy with my progress thus far. It was so much easier than what I had imagined and I hope the progress and any revisions needed are as simple

Great job and an amazing result! Keep up the good work, it only gets better with time!
you look great
You look great! Congrats.
Great results!! Are you experiencing swelling?
Hey! Yes, I do experience swelling, especially when I am in hotter areas or working out or I have worked a long day. The first thing I do is jump in my "sexy pants" (binder from the lipo, keeps the pubic mons swelling to a minimum) and then I re-wrap my binder and throw my feet up. The swelling happens right above the scar and the pubic area.

You are looking fabulous!!!

I have had a very similar story/recovery... after losing 95 lbs i also had a tummy tuck and breast lift. after reading countless reviews i was nervous about my recovery too. I sometimes think it simply has to do with a number of factors, overall health and the fact you work out probably contributed and for me I chose an excellent surgeon and this is also a contributing factor don't you think?
Count your blessing. You look amazing!