Lifelong Bad Feeling Ends at 50 - Marina Del Rey, CA

I first realized I had an inverted nipple when I...

I first realized I had an inverted nipple when I was heckled by a friend in high school about it, so that more or less set me on a course of feeling something was really wrong with me. It didn't help that in all the health checkups I got over the years, only once did a doctor even mention it. It was as though my doctors felt as ashamed as I did when they saw me. One doctor did ask me if it had always been that way as he wanted to rule out cancer (which apparently can cause a nipple to invert - news to me).
I never investigated surgery because when I was younger there was no internet to make that process easy and anonymous, and also I was under the impression the correction surgery would impair my ability to breast feed, and also it might leave the nipple with no sensation.
The other crazy think is in my first marriage, I never really talked about it with my spouse. We just didn't go there.
After my divorce, I found myself at 50 very unwilling to bare myself to a new man, so I bit the bullet and started looking online. I made a few appointments in the LA area, but once I walked in to see Dr. Grant Stevens' at the Marina Plastic Surgery office and met with him, I cancelled every other appointment. Not only did he graduate from Washington University medical school (at the top), he practically invented nipple correction surgery, lectures on the topic, and writes papers about it. He also addressed my self-consciousness head on in a way that literally made it dissipate on the spot.

A month later I was scheduled for surgery. Can you believe I waited all those years for a procedure that took twenty minutes!?! The results have left me feeling like a different person. It's not like I was on 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm on a completely different scale.

If an inverted nipple doesn't bother you, good for you. If it does, look no further than Dr. Stevens.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

110% positive, from the moment Dr. Stevens walked into the examination room to the successful surgery to the amazing after care. And the staff at Marina Plastic Surgery are fabulous, top to bottom. They took such genuine good care of me. Plus, so many have been there a long time, it's a family. When I've been there, three women had their babies with them at work. That says a lot to me about what this clinic values - human beings!