Facelift, Necklift, Upper Eye Lift, CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing & Fillers - Marina Del Rey, CA

I am 2 & a half weeks away from having my second...

I am 2 & a half weeks away from having my second surgery in 4 months. I have lost 100lbs and frankly my skin laxity has suffered. This has been an interesting journey, I had never really thought I'd have plastic surgery, but after losing the weight I realized I really wanted to look toned, and due to the weight gain that wasn't going to happen unless I had skin removed surgically. My first surgery was a breast lift and a tummy tuck and I had a completely flawless recovery. I know I have one of the best surgeons in the country, very skilled and highly experienced, so I am anticipating a great result. The one thing I am having a bit of trouble getting my head around is the fact I am "only" 44! For the most part I haven't seen many people my age have this procedure, but I guess that is what happens when you gain/lose a significant amount of weight. I am also hoping though because of my age, and being pretty fit and healthy, I will have a speedy recovery.

2 weeks post op!

This procedure has been an emotional roller coaster for me. However I now feel 2 weeks out of surgery that I have rounded the corner. I truly was not expecting it to be so emotional for me, I had no pain and only mild discomfort, but the swelling has been intense, to the point I didn't recognize myself, , there was a point where I regretted doing it, I couldn't seem to switch on the logical portion of my brain that would tell me it would get better, but of course it did, and fairly quickly, but I will say for the first 5 days I didn't want to look at myself. Dr Stoker has been incredibly generous with his time, and has kept me coming in to check on the swelling.
Now 2 weeks later I have been getting compliments on how great I look, even with my swelling, so I know over the next few weeks it will look even better.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

This is my 2nd procedure with Dr Stoker, and he is such an amazing surgeon, highly skilled, his care of me has been exemplary. His kind and caring demeanor is just what you need to get you through a procedure like this. His time and attention is generous. I'd never go to another surgeon!

You know, I wonder if there have been studies about post cosmetic surgery depression - I would assume there must be as it seems to be such a common phenomena. I think it's really helpful reading about other's emotional roller coaster rides so if we can just keep it in mind, it could help when we almost invariably face a bit of the emotional swings following surgery. I'm happy things went so well and that you're please this soon following surgery. And compliments from others helps! :D
Hi! I was wondering how your surgery went and how you're feeling - both physically and emotionally. I am going to be 'in the market' for a facelift within the next year or so. I have about 10 years on you, but I see what weight gain and loss has done to my body. I, too, had a breast lift (and augmentation) and a tummy tuck about three years ago and love, love, love the results. I'm going for a posterior body lift and medial thigh lift in Feb. And I'm really hoping to be able to save enough for a face lift and cheek implants sometime next year. So all of these procedures interest me a great deal. Hope all is well - please update us when you're feeling up to it!
I think we can all understand that! :-)

Congrats on that weight loss! How did you get rid of it? You are younger than most folks going through a facelift, but weight loss stories are different than simple aging and you deserve this! Please keep us posted as you progress through this transformation.

Thanks for the support. Yes weight loss does make things different and a lot more rewarding I think. I had the gastric sleeve 2 years ago, and it helped me completely change my lifestyle!
Don't look backward, just go forward and be the best you can be. I am sure you will be pleased! Best wishes and keep us posted!
I absolutely agree, feeling really positive for the most part, aside from a little surgery anxiety, but that's normal I think.
You are going to look amazing! Having the procedures done while you are young is going to be a real plus for your recovery process. I can't wait to see your post-op photos. Best wishes to you on your big day!
I'm hoping so too. I really bounced back so quick after my first surgery, so I'm hoping for the same this time! Thanks for your best wishes.
I bet you will be amazed at how awesome you will look! Good luck to you! Keep us posted here! Kathy
Thank you Kathy! It's one if those things where I want to look amazing, but want to keep my expectations realistic too.