Breast Reduction...with the Best of the Best. - Marina Del Rey, CA

A year ago I had the blessing of having a breast...

A year ago I had the blessing of having a breast reduction with Dr. Stevens. I say a blessing because I am 24 years old and never thought that at this age I would have been able to do this surgery due to my age as well as financial reasons, but with the help of the staff at Marina Plastic Surgery (particularly J and C) they made it happen for me.

I have always had a large chest at the age of 17 I was a DD and after my first child at 22 I ended up with an F cup, which was uncomfortable and painful. I couldn’t breast feed my child easily so I had to pump. Shopping for tops, bras and bathing suits was just miserable. I took a toll on my over all image, I would really have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror and feeling good. The pain I had to deal with in my back was very frustrating as well I had headaches, shoulder, and neck pain basically my life revolved around my breast.

Now thanks to Dr. and his amazing staff I lost 25lb I am down to a C cup I have never felt so good. I enjoy shopping now (a little too much if you ask my husband) I look in the mirror and I don’t feel awful I am so happy.

Side note if you have insurance and you are in need of this procedure look in to it because my procedure was paid for by my insurance.

-Britt the recovery time wasn't too bad I was back to work in a week with limitations on what I lifted and it was tough because I have a little one. But overall it wasn't too bad, Dr Stevens and his staff was great to give me tip to make everything easier as well as answering the endless questions I had (Im a bit of a worry wort). Of the 25 lb I have lost about 6 were from my brest but that gave me the burst of energy and confidence to get me burning more weight. As far as my insurance with Jessicas help at Dr stevens office and the easly met requirements because of the pain discomfort I had was taken care of very quick. They only required I have 3 monthes of chiropractor care and I had been swing the chiropractor for years. I hope anyone that is in need of this surgery will make the plung and just do it. It was the best thing I did.

Hi Brisi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Glad everything went to well and you could find such a great doctor. How was the recovery time, and how much of the 25 pounds was breasts? Do you have pictures? It's especially nice to know insurance covered it. Was it hard to get them to cover it? Thanks for so much for sharing, and please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

I was told by a doctor that insurance will cover the reduction but the lift is considered cosmetic..therefore, insurance only covers a certain amount of lift......and add'l out of pocket money would be needed....have you heard anything like that?
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I could not be grateful enough to the wonderful people at Marina Plastic Surgery they make miracles happen. Thank you again.