Dr. Okoro did a wonderful job.

I am in my 40's and only have 1 child who is grown...

I am in my 40's and only have 1 child who is grown. I have been wanting to do this for many many years. I have the funds and the cottage to do it now. Wont lie I am nervous some days and just fine other days. Been reading other women's journey and looking at pics so I have some clue of what's goin on. I have done my research and asked my doc all kinds of questions.
Having a smooth procedure and pretty good results is all we want, especially after paying all that money.
Just concerned about healing of belly button since I have tendency to keloid just a bit. Anyone got info on this.
Thank you to all who post info to help others. Greatly appreciated!

Countdown 21days til sexyflat!

(Jtimberlake song) Sexy flat....im so glad I'll have my stomach back. I aint gonna know how to act. LOL. Get my laughs in cause I know I won't be laughing too much after surgery! !! So excited!
Please leave comments on things I may need to recover that I may not think of. Thanx peeps.

Pre Tummy tuck

Getting closer to surgery date

So excited. Great preop visit. Doc and his staff are so greatttttttttt!
Got some questions in. Paid in full and ready to get to the flat side. Yayyyyyyy!

Getting closer.....

Sitting here thinking about my decision to have this procedure. Im very excited and nervous at the same time. Just want to have a calm surgery day and recovery time. Bit concerned about time off work. Lots of people on here seemed to have different recovery times, so im hoping I took enough time off work. I do great after surgery, but this surgery is a bit more invasive. Guess we will see. So excited though and can't wait to feel good, swelling down so I can shop for bikini. Whooohooooo
Thanx again to those of you who post your journey to help us freshman out. Your appreciated.

Almost there

Omg im freaking out. Cried. Nervous. Blood pressure up a bit. Soooooo nervous. I aint gonna lie, I almost chickened out. But I am sitting on this stretcher with an iv in my hand. Worst part is my boyfriend isn't being supportive right now. Im talking to the nurse about pain when I wake up and he tellin me im being a drama queen! Huh. Are you having your body cut open and your muscles sewn together? Oh ok I didn't think so. Sheeeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
So im pissed but listening to my music so I can be there to support myself. Wish I would have brought a girlfriend with me Iinstead. Note to future people on this journey. ....take someone that has emotions and is gonna support you with positive comments. Stressful enough without people adding to it.
Now that I got that of my chest. Im just waiting to go to surgery. Will let you know how I feel when I wake up if im up to it. See yall on the sexy flat side! :)

post op

Doing pretty good this morning. Staying on top of my meds, numb in random areas. Very sore, slightly painful. The incision site is not hurting at all, but the lipo areas and muscle repair is soooooooo sore. When I take binder off to wash I will take pic and post then. Other than that im doin pretty good. Can't wait to see my tummy.

cough/sneeze

COUGHING AND SNEEZING IS SOO HORRIBLE. DID I SAY HORRIBLE. IT FEELS HORRIBLE LOL

Post op day 2

Stay on top of your meds, or else. Haven't slept much. Finally feeling a lil better. Moving around more, emotions are more positive. Funny feeling in my abdomen, like there a baby in there moving around.
This was a major surgery, and who ever goes down this path needs to be patient, have a good support system. No pics yet maybe tomorrow

Post op Day 4

Feelin much better! Went outside yesterday and that was nice until we saw a deer in the road. This has been an EXPERIENCE! I thank God for being alive, healthy, and no complications. (Just realized I haven't even thought about a flat tummy.

Six days post op!

Able to do small things here and there. Walking faster and finally had a BM. Smooth sailing. No pain, just soreness in lipo areas. Standing up about 85% straight, but no more lower back pain. I still have my 1 drain but it hasnt bothered me at all. Sometimes I forget its there when I have to get up and moved around. CG is uncomfortable but I know I gotta wear it. First followup with PS coming soon, will see what they think about the work they did.

Eight days post op!

Feel great. I massage my lipo areas in the shower and it relieves the tightness. Even with swelling I LOVE my results. Just waiting for drain removal so I can sleep how I want.

Ten days post op!

Swelling moving out of abdomen and into hips. Lipo areas feeling lots better. Walking straight 95% back to my normal pace. Trying on clothes and Im like dammnnnn, I look gooooood. Shout out to my doc and his great staff.

10 dpo

Drain removal

Ok so I go in hoping my drain is gonna b removed and my drain numbers were good so they removed it. I have to tell you that I was instructed to take couple deep breaths before I knew it drain was out and I didn't feel a thing. I read how some people experience pain, weird burning, but I felt nothing. DR OKORO AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF ARE COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL, AND FRIENDLY. I am so blessed to have found this doctor. Shout out also to the folks at Barrett surgery center for taking care of us patients. This whole experience has been great, and im sure there are plenty other satisfied clients. Keep up the great work! Sooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!

Six weeks post op

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Great bedside manner. No worries at all with this doctor. Takes his time answering my questions, and thoroughly explained what my options were. So glad I found Dr.O