Tummy Tuck and Lypo - Marietta, GA

Wonderful office staff! Dr. Okoro and Jennifer...

Wonderful office staff! Dr. Okoro and Jennifer Adams are amazing! Easy to ask questions, take their time with you and seem to care.
Dr. Okoro called to check on me the day after my procedure. I went back at 7 days post op and saw Jennifer. I was still very swollen from procedure. She explained that it was normal and put me in a different binder.
I go back tomorrow (exactly 2 weeks post op). I hope the drain gets pulled. (I'm lucky that I only have one). I can see a "shape" starting to form. My belly is flat, but still swollen. My pain is not bad at all. I only took the pain meds for 5 days. I'll continue to post information about my journey. Jennifer told me I would start smooth shapes (some kind if massage therapy for swelling). I do have lumps that form when I take the binder off, but I believe that will go away as I move forward. I REALLY like the staff at the office and I'm excited about going tomorrow. Amanda in the office is super nice! Even though I can't see the final results of my procedure, I would highly recommend Dr. Okoro. I do know that you can find "cheaper" procedures, but I believe with Dr. Okoro, he will do whatever follow up is necessary to ensure you are happy with results without additional fees (of course, within reason). I'll share more later along with pictures. (Oh another neat thing, is pictures are taken at every visit and you have access to your personal file online...although seeing photographs of myself are a bit strange, it is neat to see the pictures.....which tell the story of the journey! ????

Drain pulled

Thank goodness my drain was pulled on Friday. I'm posting a few pictures. Still very swollen and I'm wearing my binder very tight right now, so you will see some lumps and creases from the tightness of the binder. Hopefully when my swelling goes down more, I will not have to pull the binder so tightly.

Pictures

10 days post op

10 days post op

16 days post op

The small cuts on my side are from the hysterectomy I had in collaboration with the lypo suction and tummy tuck. The creases and lumps are from the binder. Smooth shape massage is scheduled for Friday (which will be 21 days post op).

Hoping

I'm starting to see shape and my belly is flat (just swollen) I just hope the hard lumps go away with massages and the smooth shape treatment. Seeing the lumps (rolls) on my side is exactly one thing I wanted to see gone. I'm not giving up, I really think it is the binder and it will go away in time.

3 weeks!!

On Friday, I was 3 weeks post Op and I had a smooth shape treatment. It lasted for an hour. It didn't hurt. A little uncomfortable mainly on my sides, but not terrible. I could tell a difference in my swelling the next day. It wasn't nearly as bad. Every week gets better, but I am really ready to get back into jeans or wear my dress pants comfortably. The binder they have me wearing makes it uncomfortable to wear anything unless it has an elastic waist band. I'll add a picture tomorrow.

5 weeks post op

Things are better and better everyday! I can really see my shape taking place. Others have made comments that my stomach looks so flat. (They do not know what I've had done). Clothes that I didn't like wearing before surgery have now been comfortable to slip on and wear. It is nice not having to "suck in" my belly, or cover it up when I sit down. At church, I used to put my bible across my belly so no one would see the stomach roll......now I don't have to do that! It's FLAT! I would like to have a binder that I could put over my shoulders because I have to keep pulling the one I have up on my back. I'm going to ask my dr. when I go next week. I'm short (4'11) and the top of the binder rolls up under my breast....it isn't comfortable at all because I feel like it is always rolling down. I am still swollen and when I am up all day, I do swell more and get super tight to where it is almost uncomfortable to move. I am ready to update my rating to VERY PLEASED!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

So far, I'm very pleased! Awesome!