Revision to Upper/Lower Abs, Flanks/Bra Rolls, and Waistline - Marietta, GA

On July 31st, I had a revision performed to the...

On July 31st, I had a revision performed to the aforementioned areas. The cost of the procedure noted above is the aggregate of both the initial procedure and revision. My initial surgery was on the same areas a year earlier (8/22/13). My first procedure did not remove enough fat, especially from the lower abs and bra roll areas. Part of the problem was that I did not have the procedure performed under local anesthesia. As a result, I could still feel the heat from the cannula and some discomfort, especially when he transitioned to the lower abdominal area. However, I underwent "twilight" sedation with my revision and even at 2 weeks post-op, I can truly see a difference. My flanks/bra rolls are essentially non-existent, and my upper and lower abs show a remarkable improvement. The flank and waitline areas are very contoured and I have the hourglass sillouette I desired. I had my 1-week post-op visit on 8/12 and the PA noted that I still have significant swelling (which is common at this point). However, the difference could still be seen even with the swelling. I could only imagine what it will look once healed completely.

Dr. Okoro really took his time on my waitline and flank areas to ensure that I got the desired results. I truly recommend him if you are having lipo and desire a sculpted look. However, my personal recommendation is to have the procedure under twilight sedation if possible. This will ensure that you do not feel any of the sensation of the procedure that may hinder the doctor's ability to perform the procedure. Under the twilight anesthetic, I did not feel anything, and do not even remember it at all. I wish I had gone this route the first time. I can't wait to see the final results in a few months once all swelling has subsided. I am expecting to see a flat abdomen, which is something I always wanted but never could achieve-even as a teenager. Pics to follow.
Thx for sharing.
Thanks for sharing.  That is a really interesting point you make regarding how much fat was removed relative to which type of anesthesia.  Did you originally chose not to have the twilight anesthesia for your first procedure because of the extra cost?

Looking forward to your pics!  Congrats on seeing results already :)
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Okoro came highly recommended and he lived up to the hype. Although I wasn't 100% satisfied with my initial results on my abdomen and bra rolls, Dr. Okoro ensured that I got the results I wanted through the revision. I was given a significant discount on the revision; but the reduced price did not equate to reduced attention by Dr. Okoro. He listened attentively to what I wanted and delivered the results from what I can see thus far. I recommend him if you are planning on having any procedure involving liposuction.