Deviated Septum and Rhinoplasty... Bump Still Present After Surgery

Hi... I'm 26 years old male that have a deviated...

Hi... I'm 26 years old male that have a deviated septum and a bumb on my nose. I had both procedures done this year because it bothered me to look at the cameras with the right side of my face. I consulted 3 surgeons and all gave me the approximate cost to be only about 500 - 1000.00 dollar difference.

I had surgery on the 11th of January 2010... Both the Rhinoplasty and Deviated Septum was done the same day. After 2 weeks is it common to see the same "bumb" on the nose after surgery. According to the surgeon he told me that "It's a healing process, and that the took a large piece of bone from the nose and then added cartilage to smoothed it out....

How long will it take to see results? Thanks to all the answers.
Hi Juan, Again, it is best to ask you surgeon if gentle massage or taping would help. If you have a cartilage graft, you should not touch it. Sleep with your head elevated. Patience will help, but there is not anything to do at this time. Be well. Dr. P
Hi, It is very early in your recovery process to worry about the bump. At this point it is best to listen to and trust your surgeon. There is nothing to be done about it at this time. Ask you surgeon if further taping would help. If you still have concerns 6-12 months from now, then either revision surgery, or injection of filler to hide the bump should be considered. Be well. Dr. P
Doc. Thank you for the quickness of your response. I've read over 100000.00 questions regarding the same problem. I want to believe that it normally takes about 6-12 months to see results, but how true is that? is there anything that i can do in my part to speed up the process....¿ ICE ? ?