Dr. Marcus Crawford - Marietta, GA

I had a scheduled surgery for a breast reduction...

I had a scheduled surgery for a breast reduction with Dr. Marcus Crawford. As with with any reasonable first time patient who is about to go under the knife, every surgeon should expect some anxiety and questions from their patients, but NO...I aske a few quenstions on the day of my pre op and called his office one time and spoke to the nurse for less than 5 mins asking general questions and what to expect. 4 days into the scheduled surgery, I get a call that my surgery has been cancelled due to my "high anxiety". I asked the called what she meant, and she says because I called the nurse to ask questions and also based on the questions I asked the doctor on my impending surgery. Note that I had already taken days off my work schedule in preparation of the surgery, filled my prescption and mentally ready. If you want a surgeon who you cannot ask questions, he is the one to go to! I had also heard a couple of bad reviews from 2 of his former patients, about how easy he will wash his hands on you if things go wrong....I chose not to believe them but Now I believe them. I am so glad I will not have me do this life altering procedure on me! did I mention he charged $600 to the insurance company and I paid $200 out of pocket JUST for consultation??
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Wow. I just read your story. I'm sorry about the Dr. Situation. I have anxiety also but the nurses and the doctor that I went to was very understanding and patient. They answered all my questions and were easy to talk to. Update the review sweety. You are right to go elsewhere if you feel they aren't caring for your needs. What size are you if you don't mind me asking.
Hey! I am a 36 F, and the ins company wants me to go down 500 gms on each breast, so I guess that will put me to a C maybe? I am happy with my current surgeon! He is so kind with a great listening ear! I think it is important for one to have trust on your PS...your life literally depends on them! Thanks! Will post pics before and after!
Sweet! Glad to hear you are at ease.
Sorry this happened to you. Drive up here to Rome and see my PS Christopher L. Robinson. My friend had him last year and was so happy. My 1st consultation was charged totally to insurance and whole bill was only $200. My copay was $30 bucks. His staff was great and they did everything needed to get insurance preapproved. My BR is Sept. 4. Yes we are about an hour drive from you, but that PS you saw sounds like a ripoff artist. Once we got insurance approve notice, my PS staff called me right away and there was an available date within three weeks. Get yourself somebody good and don't get discouraged. Sending good thought down your way from Rome, GA.
I am sorry you had that issue with him...I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago and he and his staff have been nothing but great. I must call the receptionist every other day about insurance or disability issue...she has been nothing but nice. I had a small leakage a week after and they let me come in the office right away...then I called two days later and he got right on the phone with me... He did a great job I think....I hope you can find the surgeon that fits you...... Did you try to talk to him personally????
It would have been nice if he called me persinally. He asked his receptionist to call me and cancel my surgery. I was out of words....I just said "ok"...I was in shock! I think people get naturally anxious when going through through any type of surgical procedure, even if it is a finger cut...but the fact that I called ONCE into his office and the questions I was asking him in his office made him decide that he is not " comfortable" working on me is a blessing in diguise. I would rather have someone who is comfortable with patients questions and "anxiety" over major surgeries! I am glad you had a great experience with him though! I will pass.
Thank you so much! I am willing to drive to Rome and even further for an exellent surgeon. It's a major surgery, better and hopefully get it right the first time! I will look him up.
Dr. Christopher Lee Robinson is located in Harbin Clinic Specialty Building on Redmond Rd. Rome, GA. He uses Redmond Hospital across the road. If you do end up deciding to head up his way, let me know of any questions. I will definitely know more after Thurs when he does my BR
best of luck on your BR. Please let me know how it goes! excited for you!