Wondering Who Had Had Septoplasty Done - Maple Grove, MN

Septoplasty has been recommended for me. I was in...

Septoplasty has been recommended for me. I was in a car accident 4 years ago and have a deviated septum. Since then I have had pain in my nose. I feel like I have been punched in the nose every day. I have swelling inside of my nose which has caused problems for me with breathing. I am constantly having to put something in my nose as far as nose sprays, bacitracin or vasaline, just to get it some what comfortable.

I don't know what to do and I need to make a decision.

Please let me know if you have and the surgery and how your experience was and if you feel it was worth it.

Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and difficulty breathing! I myself have had septoplasty (along with rhinoplasty) for a congenital issue (not an accident). First of all, you want to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots and lots of experience working on noses. It's always good to consult with at least three surgeons so you can learn of different approaches. Every doctor is a little different.

You can go here to find surgeons in your area.

I hope you'll use this space to keep us updated on your process.

Septoplasty

When I called my ENT clinic to schedule the Septoplasty during the Christmas break at work. We are closed to for 2 weeks so I thought that would be perfect. When I called here schedule was full until late January or early February. My work is busy during that time, so I have decided to hold off on the surgery for a while.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.