A Mans Point of View About This Surgery

I lost 135 pounds over the course of 12 months...

I lost 135 pounds over the course of 12 months with the lapband surgery. While I love the newer thinner me, the skin had to go. I had the full tummy tuck and butt lift Feb 5th, 2008. So far I am very pleased with the results. I am now waiting for this to heal so I can have the skin reduction on the upper thighs and arms. The one thing I would tell anyone considering this, is know, no matter how tough you are. Those first couple of weeks you are not going to want to do much but sleep. And you have these painful drains attached to your groin and lower back. The other thing I would recommend. I had my surgery done in Monterrey Mexico, and the Dr here in the states that took out my stitches commented that he has not seen as good of a surgery done here in a long time. So if your looking to save a little cash think about Monterrey Mexico.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Hi I have been wanting to get this done for several years now, please please send me the info of the Dr. you went to in Monterrey. Thank You
Please send me the info on your PS in Monterrey. Please please please!!!
I had a tummy tuck and lipo 10 days ago. Still have some mixed feelings about what I did. I feel vane and somewhat silly, but hope the end result will give me the body I always hoped for. This is something I have wanted for years. My belly poochy tummy always bothered me, along with stretch marks and loose skin. I would only recommend this to someone who has thought about it very very hard and has people to help take care of you once you are home and recovering. My boyfriend works in surgery,so that was very helpful. It was a scary experience. Right now my tummy looks somewhat like an aliens.... so I can't wait to heal!
do u have any picture"before and after" we can see