TT One Week Before Christmas! - Manila, PH

Nervous and excited about TT. Am wondering how...

Nervous and excited about TT. Am wondering how I'll be on Christmas Day!

I'm fit and play lots of tennis. Have been told will have to wait for three months to play.

I live in Manila so more reasonable cost helped me to decide to take the plunge.

Looking forward to not having to suck tummy in all the time!

Period on day of surgery!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll have my period on the day of surgery next week. PS says it's not an issue. Anyone else have the same? Any tips on coping?

Pre op photos

Not quite sure why I'm posting these photos other than to be able to look back and see the difference. Clearly not going to do that on Facebook! Haha!

Public relations

I feel like I need a standard spiel for people I don't know well enough to share TT with but who will notice I'm not my usual energetic self. I live in a small community and don't want to be the subject of gossip. Any stories or tips to share? Is honesty the best policy or can I just vaguely refer to having had surgery and not offer details?

Today's the day!!

I'm just a few hours I'll be on the painful ... I mean flat side! Today what freaks me out us going under which is odd as I hadn't even given that a thought until now. Oh well. Wish me luck!! Feel like I'm at the start of the biggest roller coaster on earth!

Sleepy but happy!

24 hours post op and have spent most of past day drifting in and out. No pain but definitely tender. Had one drain that's already been removed. PS said I had hernia because of very separated muscles. One more dose of morphine to come. Will go home tomorrow! Here's a photo I took when they changed dressing. Yay!

Day three misery

Going home today which is great but have been quite happy drifting in and out of sleep on lots of IV meds. Now it's very sore but they said best to take next dose at home as I'll get sleepy. Had pounding head overnight which I'm thinking could be caffeine withdrawal.

Four weeks post op and finally incision is closed!

Past four weeks have been an ordeal. Not constantly but more on than off. My recovery has been hindered by constant openings in my incision. Must have spat out a dozen stitches and had to be re stitched three times. This week is literally the first time since op that incision has been more or less dry. Feels like a big milestone!

Other than that, I've been pretty happy. When I asked PS about wearing binder, he said I can go without but it might help with swelling. I feel like my muscles are working more without the binder which at this stage must be a good thing. He was right though, since yesterday, I'm totally bloated with a little ridge above incision. Also first day of TOM so double whammy. Still when I just saw pre op photos, I'd still be happy if swelling and bloating didn't go away. Have started walking 5km a day on treadmill which feels great!

Had some insomnia so took melatonin and couple pain killers which helped a lot.

And of course the BEST thing is how clothes look and feel at only four weeks. Can't wait for four months! ;)
Dr Joel Nicdao

hi! tennismum69. may i know who's your surgeon? i'm planning to undergo TT but i'm so scared because i have no idea who's the best doctor for TT operations. Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your complications. You should definitley be happy you look awesome!
Welcome to the flat side...happy healing!
Wow
you did it girl, you look nice and flat baby
You look great too. I'm so sorry for the hassle you're having at the moment. I hope you're able to rest in your new hotel!!
Your picture looks great for getting it done. Hope all is going well thanks for your support
HiTennisMum wishing you speedy recovery and healing! I am also from Phils and was debating whether I'm going to have TT here in US or go back to Phils since its half the cost. Btw, did he do lipo on your belly as well? Which clinic/hospital is your doc associated with? Really hoping to do it early next year hopefully in time for bikini season. I had twins 6 months ago and although I'm back to my pre baby weight, my belly will never look the same. :) Can't wait to hear about your progress!
Hi Stars4sky, I found a great surgeon through word of mouth who runs his own private clinic in Manila. Obviously living here, it was a no brainer for me financially and logistically. If you have a good support structure here and would have the help to take care of you and the family, then I would definitely consider coming back. I had muscle repair (very badly separated muscles) and about 7" skin removed but no lipo.
Thank you Tennismum69. Hope you're recovering well. How were you're post surgery check ups? Are you at 100% energy yet? All the best!
You did it! Whoop whoop!
Sounds like u did great!
goodluck!
Good luck
Yes, and lipo to my back and flanks.
This was in answer to your question asking if I had a muscle repair, I'm not sure why it landed up here.
FYI. My period was scheduled to start the day of surgery and it did just like clockwork on Dec 6. Just as my PS and yours said... All will be fine.
In the end, I came on three days before so was manageable. Thanks for the reassurance. It was a great help,
I owned I'm proud lol... Do what feels comfortable for you.. I did it for myself so let them gossip away I always say.. Good luck it really is life changing;)
Me too all my friends and coworkers have been so supportive and a few want to get the procedure done themselves.
I had my TOM start day of surgery no worries I actually bought adult diapers in preparation lol but the tampons worked just fine...as long as you can bend enough if you get cramps you won't feel them the melds take care of that good luck:-)
I'm getting mine on the 16th so I'm hoping I'm good for Christmas. Hope all goes well.
Good luck on 16th!!
Good luck to you on your upcoming TT... You will be glad you did!!