Very Good Doc, Nice Location- Manhattan, NY

Found the doctor after a friend recommendation. As...

Found the doctor after a friend recommendation. As far as credentials go - the walls are covered with it. I think 2 board certifications, patents etc.
I had 3 visits so far. On the first visit I waited about 15-20 minutes past my scheduled appointment time to be placed into a room. Then an Ultrasound Tech came in (a pretty nice guy) and did a study of what he explain was to test for "reflux". I was standing most of the study on something that looked like a small staircase. The study was about 20 minutes long. After that a doctor came in. He was nice and spent a very reasonable amount of time with me. Asked for symptoms and explained the study that was just done. I had insurance and he said they cannot do any procedures right away and need to approve it with the insurance.
I was prescribed stockings and came a couple of weeks later for a checkup after that they called me and said insurance approved the procedure. I did my procedure before christmas on one leg and they told me I need to do one more on the other leg. The procedure itself was ok. I cannot say it is completely painless, you feel like a sting and than it is a bit uncomfortable feeling, but I do not think I would go as far as calling it pain. The doc was talking to me during the whole time (he has a pretty good sense of humor). There was another person in the room assisting. After the procedure the assistant asked me to hod the leg up and put bandages on the whole leg which they told me to wear for 48 hours before coming back to follow-up appointment.

Overall I had a very good experience and coming back to do the second leg. You really have to follow their instructions for this to work. They told me to wear stockings for 2 weeks after the procedure, which I did.

Good things: pretty good front desk, friendly staff, nice office (upper east side).
Things to improve: I had an overall good experience, so I think I have nothing to say. If you have a car, like me, parking is expensive. I paid $35 to park by the office, but I am used to stuff like this in Manhattan.

Overall - recommended.
New York General Surgeon

I believe I described everything in the review above. Great credentials, good sense of humor, spent enough time with me.

I had EVLT ( Endovenous Laser Treatment) done three times for varicose veins and I did not see any difference. The only difference that I saw is the permanent mark that is left on my right foot., where the needle was injected.This was a waste of my time.
I am not sure of your exact situation, so it is hard for me to comment. My main purpose was not necessarily cosmetic. i had pain, which was significantly improved and also my vein was bulging and that appearance improved. I do not think there is a magic wand that just eliminates everything. Since my review I did another one and I asked about the remaining visual things - they said that there is another laser that remove smaller pigmentation. Let me see if I can find the name and I will post it back.
I think this is it: http://www.veinstreatment.com/dornier-flexipulse They said this one is not covered by insurance, since it is cosmetic or somthing. Still did not do this.
It is nice that it is winter so you could "hide" the stockings for the two weeks with your clothing.  Did you say you already did the second leg?