Ultheray Took Five Years off of my Face - Manhattan, NY

I had Ulthera done last year (and yes, it's taken...

I had Ulthera done last year (and yes, it's taken me forever to post this), and I'm very glad I did. I'm 44 years old, and I'm frequently mistaken for 35.

I had my full face done, as well as my upper throat. I was given a painkiller before the procedure, but the treatment itself was still somewhat uncomfortable. At times--especially when the wand was over my forehead--I would even call it painful. Luckily, the pain, which ran up my forehead with the intensity of a lightning strike, never lasted more than a second.

At first, the results were...meh. The changes were so subtle that I didn't really think it was worth the money I spent. When I returned for my three-month evaluation, I explained I wasn't thrilled with the results, so the nurse/aesthetician scheduled me for another evaluation three months later.

Three months later, she agreed that my results weren't as powerful as they could be, so she gave me a second session. She did my forehead and cheeks again--no charge.

Three months after that, the results were clearly visible. My eyes, which had begun to hood slightly, giving me an unrested look, had opened, and my nasolabial folds lost some of their deepness.

I was so impressed that I went back last month for another treatment (this time, the neck only). I plan on getting Ulthera again as soon as I need it.

Note: My face and neck felt sore after the treatment, then tender for about two weeks later. Two weeks that, I felt slightly numb to the touch. It wasn't painful, just odd. The sensation resolved completely about a month after the procedures.
Lynn Wojton

Wojton was kind enough to pause and give me a moment to breathe through the more uncomfortable parts of the treatment. She even gave me a free touch-up six months after the first treatment, when I was disappointed with the initial results. (The second treatment did the job. Two thumbs up.) When I returned for a third session (neck only), instead of a pill, she gave me injectables to help with the pain. What a difference that made. If your Ultherapist ever offers you stronger painkillers, I highly suggest you take it.

Thank you for posting your review.  Would love to see your before and after pictures.