Tummy Tuck - Manhattan, NY

Welcome to my tummy tuck experience. I decided to...

Welcome to my tummy tuck experience. I decided to have my tt now that my little one is 2 years old and I'd like to get back to the old me. I am 37, 5'5 , about 134 lbs and I have one child. My stomach didn't snap back like I hoped and after a visit with a few doctors I found that I have diastasis recti and all the exercise in the world won't repair this. I am having the diastasis repaired, maybe a little lipo and a nip and tuck here and there all in the stomach region. My doc said I have very little stomach fat. I'll get the before pics up this weekend.
I selected Dr. Matthew Schulman and so far so good he has answered all my questions, seems very knowledgable in his craft and I feel comfortable with him. I'll save my full review for after the surgery but his staff especially Amy (I hope I'm getting her name right) was very nice.
My only concern is that I wasn't able to schedule my surgery time. This information is provided to you the day before the surgery. Is this standard in other offices? I was hoping for the early appt due to various digestion/stomach issues that get really agitated when you add medication (general anesthesia) on an empty stomach so Im hoping they can accommodate my request.
I've purchased all my supplies and medications so I'm ready and also scared. I have an idea of what the pain will be like after a c-section so I'm not looking forward to it.
More to come soon....

Oops correction to the price.

It's 12,900 not 11,900. That was a typo.

My date and time is set!

I got the first appointment so my surgery starts at 8am. I'm so glad my doc was able to accommodate my request. The countdown begins.

Surgery complete, recovering!

Sorry just getting on now, the last two days have been very painful. The doc warned me this will hurt more than a c-section and it does. I had muscle work and it hurts to move, talk, or walk but I'm trying to move around. Day one was of course the most painful and my pain killers weren't working so I had to reach out to the doc to change the prescription. Unfortunately their answering service wasn't working and every time I called the phone rang several times then cut me off. You can understand I was practically hitting the walls and had to deal with the pain until I reached them the following morning. Thankfully his office was very apologetic that I couldn't get through and this was out of the norm and they checked back with me to inform me they were looking into it. So I understand these things can happen.
The new medication works wonders and I slept better last night. I followed my gut b/c I knew I shouldn't be in that much pain after taking meds so my body works better with the new prescription.
I'm swollen but my stomach is definitely flatter. My throat was really sore and my acid reflux was acting up but my appetite is slowly coming back. I've never taken so many medications before, I can't wait to feel back to normal. My family has been wonderful helping out. I've needed them to help me to the bathroom and feed me as I was feeling very weak and nauseous, so make sure you have help. You definitely can't do this alone.

Pics will follow soon. :-)

Before and after photos!

I'll get better photos of the scar next week. I'm still afraid to touch it. :-)

It's getting better!

I can't wait to get the drains out, they are annoying. Especially having a toddler, I wear layers to make sure she doesn't touch it.
I can't stand up straight yet. I hope I'll be able to stand straight soon.

Drains are out!

Yay, it was so unexpected. I thought I would have the drains for a week more. But doc said it was ready to come out. Drains feel weird coming out but not painful. I didn't have to dodge my toddler today. I was so afraid she would pull out the drains but the way the drains are placed it would be difficult to pull out.
It's amazing how flat my stomach is even with some swelling below my naval. So happy to have my body back.
On to the surgery, so I had the muscles repaired as I indicated before and some lipo in the lower region near my c-section. So far I feel like I'm healing pretty well. My doc and his staff are really sweet. Good to have someone really knowledgable working on me. :-)
New York Plastic Surgeon

You look amazing!! Iv had c-sections so I'm trying to prepare myself. I imagine it too be more painful and I guess your pain was so bad cause if the wrong meds, I'm glad you're feeling better X
Thanks Bec. The meds help but you will still feel some pain and discomfort. After day three the pain starts to subside. I see your date is coming up soon!
How it going?  I promise you it does get better!
Getting better each day, thanks for asking. I walked a little today. It was nice to get outside even if it was to see the doc. :-)
I love the black and white photos! You look fantastic and it will only get better! God Bless :) Look forward to following your journey
Thanks so much, let me know if you have any questions. :-)
Welcome to the flat side!  Happy healing.  I know the drains are a necessary evil.  I'm hoping they do their job and come out soon for you.  Take it slow and easy and stay on top of your meds.
Thanks, yes I gotta remember to take it easy. Id rather have the drains than some of complications I've seen some people have without them. Totally agree and I'm glad to have a flat tummy again..
Oh my goodness! I'm just now seeing that you had your sx. Big difference hun;) Prayers for a smooth healing & recovery For you. Glad you got some diff meds that help you out more.
Yes, meds made a tremendous difference. Thanks a bunch for the encouragement.
Holy Mackerel! You look fantastic! What a huge difference that muscle repair made for you! Once the swelling goes down you will be one hot tamale! I know how hard it is to deal with kids and drains. I had three drains, got two out yesterday. I am layering up too to keep my son and my dogs from catching it! Don't rush standing up straight. I'm 2 weeks today and I'm just now able to stand straight, but only in the mornings. As the day goes on I find myself being pulled back forward into a slouch. Can't wait to see your progress!
Thanks a bunch. Ok good to know. My hubby was like when will you be able to stand up and I'm like being able to sit on the couch instead of laying in the bed is a huge step. Lol. Glad you were able to get some drains out. I have two drains. I'll keep you posted.
Ohh my ...you time is coming up fast huh?...are you ready ? Did you shop for all you'll need and stuff?
I feel like I'm ready. It's bittersweet. Ready to get it over, but I'm also scared b/c this is major surgery. :-)
I am totally with you there!!!! this will be fantastic!!!! We take care of everyone---NOW it is time to take care of ourselves- :0)
I too have a big separation and feel your pain it just never goes down. I'm not a big person but look 6 months pregnant. Can't wait to hear about your journey
Yes same here. I'm tired of being disappointed after going to the gym all the time and seeing no results.
Yep I know its a horrible feeling. How you feeling you haven't got long too go!
Good luck
Thanks!
Good luck!!
Thanks!
Welcome sis! Blessings on your journey! Great choice. He's my Dr. too. I've had surgeries at a top notch hospital & they always called a day or two ahead to let me know the time. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. With your tummy issues, I'm hoping you are the first. I know what you mean. He & his staff are so caring. I imagine they'll try to accommodate you.
Thanks that makes me feel so much better.
You're welcome;)