Taking a Risky Turn; Ultrasound Liposuction U/L Abdomen/Flanks/Back/ Upper Back/ Male Breast - Manhattan, NY

Hi all, I’m a Male, 22 years old who always had...

Hi all, I’m a Male, 22 years old who always had difficulty with marinating a weight.
I knew right from the beginning that I would need a tummy tuck; however I was dreading that long hip to hip scar at my age!

So I thought I would take the alternative route and give it a try with the liposuction to the areas that bothered me the most. Knowing worst case scenario would be getting a tummy tuck on a clean base aka no fat, just loose skin.

First day of surgery, I went and had my mother with me to look after me during my recovery period at the hospital and after.
Since this was a large volume liposuction, I had to be hospitalized for two days to make sure everything is under control incase anything happens.

I virtually had no pain what so ever, on that note I had a pain pump I believe and it was more than an easy experience. They took 7.5 liters of fat out! WOW!!

2nd & 3rd day.
Not too bad, just having difficulties standing, sitting, and laying down. But still no pain what so ever. Just light headed and sleepy for most of the time.

4th & 5th day.
Um the pain pump was giving me a slight pain where the IV needle goes. Always made my hand numb and being extra paranoid, I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking my hand was paralyzed. Lol.
So I took it off. And everything was great for the next 24 hours or so.

6th/ 7th /8th/9th.
Were what most people call a SWELL HELL. But definitely getting in and out of bed was much easier and made feel like a normal person again.
The emotions I went through these days were so bi polar, one minute I’m so happy and the next I’m so depressed. Every day I would go and try my pants and they would be pretty much the same if not tighter.
Although I look completely different, I had no sagging skin BUT MY clothes fit the same way they did before. WEIRD HUH?! I know!

I

I am with you on that one of not wanting a scar, so I am also just doing lipo. So how has it worked for you?

Its been 18 days PO and all i have to say that Im...

its been 18 days PO and all i have to say that Im starting to see the results, and its amazing!
It's been a long emotional journey but definitely worth it! I say go and do it , I hope there will be no excess skin. wish me luck !

Hi, tummyguy, how things are going for you so far???

My surgery date is 8/3/12. My Post OP is 7/17/12. Once I get closer to the date I will write my review and post pic. Right know I like to read REALSELF because reading everyone’s story helps me know what I am getting in to and also what to expect.

Hey take a look at this I found it on youtube about massaging after LIPO

Yeah Iam already seeing great results!
How is your surgery going so far?

I have uploaded to After Pics for you guys, So...

I have uploaded to After Pics for you guys,
So its been 6 weeks so far, and I'm starting to see the results, and I'm very Thrilled! I had an appointment with my doctor and he assured me that this is still swollen and promised me a FLAT stomach which i could never dream of.
He told me the more fat is liposuction-ed the more swelling will be so I guess that's the case.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just uploaded my pics! so tell me what you all...

I just uploaded my pics! so tell me what you all think!

My doctor assured me, that I will have a flat stomach even though im 6 weeks PO!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I have uploaded to After Pics for you guys, So...

I have uploaded to After Pics for you guys,

Wow, you got a great result. Good on you! Did your stomach end up going flat like the doctor said?
Hey did your stomach ever become flat? You loow great 6 weeks po
thank you! I still wear my compression garments but not religiously as I used to .
I'm so glad I didnt undergo the tummy tuck I wouldnt feel good about that wide scar. Although I had it as my LAST option .
I wish you the very best and make sure u f
get a lot of consultations and pick the one whom you feel the most comfortable with .