Poor Outcome - Manhattan, NY

I was expecting from all the reviews here to have...

I was expecting from all the reviews here to have a great result but it wasn't. I wanted to brighten up my face, especially the parenthesis around my mouth. Wait time was minimal and Dr. Krant answered all my questions, but I should have stopped when she said "You might not think it's worth $800." For my first treatment, she said she could only soften the lines, not do much improvement.

The injections were painful and left track marks and bruises all along the treatment path. But the worst was discovering that the filler was sitting above my right side wrinkle instead of underneath it, so it created a deeper furrow than what was there before! There's discoloration there too so not only do I have a deeper furrow but a dark mark so it looks that much worse. When I called the office, she said she definitely put the restylane under my wrinkle and to wait a couple weeks for the swelling to go away. She said if I was really concerned she would see me but I didn't have the confidence that she had the skill to correct at that point. I went to see another doctor who gave me amazing results, but that furrow, while softened, is still there. Thank god this is temporary and hopefully I've not made this wrinkle worse with this filler sitting above the wrinkle day after day. I'm nervous that the discoloration will be there forever.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Krant based on the great reviews I saw here, especially about the restylane treatments. I was shocked to discover how painful the procedure was. There was even a bit of the numbing cream that wasn't taken off well that burned my skin. She was very professional and had a great bedside manner, office well run, but the skill is what I came for. The result was extremely conservative and made one side worse. My husband and babysitter couldn't tell at all that I had anything done. Thank goodness for my next doctor who showed me what a great and painless result I could have.

Sorry to hear things didn't turn out how you were hoping. :( What were your hopes for the furrow? For it to be completely gone?

Well I was hoping it wouldn't be worse! There wasn't a furrow there before. There was always a wrinkle there, but now it's super deep and has a darkish tint to it that just makes it look even deeper.

Ugh, bummer. :-/ Would you post a picture so we can see what it came out like?