Perfect Results for Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and Turbinectomy ★★★★★ - Manhattan, NY

I had always wanted a rhinoplastly to reduce the...

I had always wanted a rhinoplastly to reduce the small bump on my nose (visible in profile). However, I had never gone through with it in the past because other cosmetic surgeons had told me I had to change lots of other things about my nose, i.e. "refine my tip." When I told them I liked those things about my nose, they said I was wrong. It was so insulting! After all, it was pretty much the classic button nose: on the smaller side and upturned with a rounded--but not bulbous!--tip. The bump was really its only flaw, and, now that it's gone, my nose looks absolutely perfect. I'm so glad I didn't let an unethical surgeon convince me into getting a Joan Rivers nose.

I also got a septoplasty and turbinectomy for medical reasons. For the first week, the pain was relatively significant, but, with painkillers, it was fine. After that, my nose was sore for the rest of the month, but nothing too bothersome. It was definitely well worth it. I didn't even know it was possible so breathe so easily!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

My journey started at my local ENT, who told me my chronic congestion/sinus headaches were due to a deviated septum. I was desperate for relief from these problems, so I decided to pursue getting a septoplasty. In addition, I thought the septoplasty would be a good opportunity to get the rhinoplasty I've always wanted. That said, I recognized that surgery is nothing to take lightly, so I wanted to find a doctor who would give me the best medical AND cosmetic result. After researching at length, I decided upon Dr. Khosh. Manhattan is about 45 minutes from where I live, but quality of healthcare is a much more important factor than distance. Admittedly, I often butt heads with doctors, because I can't stand big egos. Dr. Khosh, however, is a rarity amongst physicians. (Trust me, I've seen MANY due to chronic illness.) He is calm, friendly, poised, and, above all else, polite. The very definition of a gentleman! He always made a point to greet my parents in the waiting room. His good manners and kindness are completely genuine, too. This is also true of his staff; they're exceptionally helpful, and they go out of their way to be make you comfortable. Dr. Khosh took his time evaluating me, and, because of that, he discovered that my deviated septum was not my only medical issue. I had told him I had seasonal allergies, so he enlisted the help of an allergist who worked in his office (a nice guy, btw). The allergist administered a quick, easy test to determine if I had any allergies that were adding to the problem, and it turned out I was wrong--I didn't have any allergies! Upon closer examination, I actually had enlarged turbinates and collapsed valves, and these, as he showed me, were constricting my breathing. He patiently explained the implications of these problems and how he would go about fixing them. I'm glad I trusted him, because my congestion and sinus problems are now 100% resolved. I used to blow my nose constantly, and my bed always littered with tissues--but no more! Dr. Khosh greatly increased my quality of life. As for the rhinoplasty, he did exactly what I wanted him to. I told him that I simply wanted to reduce the small bump on my nose--no more, no less--and that's what he did. Using a computer program, we created an image of the results I wanted, and I'll be damned if my nose doesn't look EXACTLY like those pictures! As I mentioned above, other cosmetic surgeons had told me my nose needed to be changed in other ways. Dr. Khosh is a complete departure from those kinds of doctors; he listens to what you want, and he doesn't aim to made every nose look the same. Thanks to him, my nose looks like MY nose--just an improved version! I'm thrilled with the results. It looked great as soon as he took the cast off, and it's only gotten better and better since then! Another important bit of info: the hospital he works with is amazing. I've had operations at other hospitals--including another one in New York--and none hold a candle to this one. The nurses there are absolute saints, and the residents are amazing. Dr. Khosh met me about twice before I went in, and he made sure all my worries were assuaged. My expectations were exceeded by a mile. Both the hospital and Dr. Khosh called to check up on me when I got home, and Dr. Khosh's follow-up appointments went really well. I can't recommend him enough. For both cosmetic and medical needs, he is the best of the best.

I'm glad you stuck to your beliefs and got the minimal amount done to make your nose look how you wanted. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf!