Fraxel 5 Years Younger - Manhattan, NY

Ok...I had some hyperpigmentation from my teenage...

Ok...I had some hyperpigmentation from my teenage years of too much sun. By the way, I just turned 30 :(. This was my second time doing fraxel and here's how it went....I arrived an hour and a half before the procedure. They put some numbing cream on and left it on for about an hour and 15 minutes. Then....go time. Let me be honest....this is NOT a pain free procedure. Any doctor who tells you otherwise is simply not being honest. Even with the numbing cream, you will feel like a burning hot stamp is being pressed onto your skin every few seconds. My advice is to ask for a pain relieving pill- I did this the second time and it helped IMMENSELY. The actual procedure is not very long. Afterwards your face will feel very strange and swollen. Pay at the desk and go home immediately. When I woke up the next day....well. I looked like I'd eaten a pound of sushi with extra salt. (PUFFY.) This too shall pass. The second day I started to peel off. There was mostly red fresh skin underneath. Make sure you bought enough groceries beforehand- you want to stay home until at least the third day, or people will be looking at you strangely if they get too close. On the third day, I began to see the light- my skin was in full peel mode and underneath was absolutely beautiful, fresh, YOUNG looking skin. Wow. I thought my skin was still too "peely" looking to go out without a pound of makeup, but I had made lunch plans for that day and couldn't cancel- So I wore a ton of makeup and huge sunglasses and no one looked at me too weird. Day four post: my skin looked fabulous. The pictures say it all- these are the closest I could take without revealing my identity. Fraxel is amazing and so is Dr. Rokhsar- I am very happy with the results.

So- in conclusion:
Cons- Pain, three days of waiting to see the first bout of results

Pros: After the pain and the waiting, finally I saw the results which was fresh, younger looking skin. It basically erased a great deal of sun damage. To me, this was SO worth it.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

I have gone to one other dermatologist for this procedure. The difference between that doctor and Dr. R was astounding. Dr. Rokhsar was great- he answered my questions, and told me exactly what to expect- he didn't sugar coat the fact that it would be painful. This is one of the reasons why I respect him and won't go to any other Dermatologist now. I have continued to see him for Botox and other procedures and I couldn't be happier with him as a Dr.

hi, mrs visser, can i ask what the setting the doctor use on your face, such like mj, level,density..ect?
The results are really great!!!

Very nice results!!   I am so happy that this worked so well for you.  I for sure would have been taking that pain pill quickly.