As Good As It Gets - Manhattan, NY

I had a face lift with laser resurfacing 8 weeks...

I had a face lift with laser resurfacing 8 weeks ago today. I explored the most recommended surgeons in NYC and decided to go with Dr. Rosenberg, as I felt he made a connection with me as a person/face and not "ho hum, another facelift" I am thrilled with the outcome, subtle but significant changes and I look like a better version of me--fully my goal and his. He spent a lot of time discussing the procedure with me and he delivered what we together felt was the best outcome for this stage in my life. I am so happy I made the decision to do this now and not hold off. I will say that the healing has been a little more tiring than I expected. On the other hand, I went out in public with minimal bruising 8 days after the procedure--amazing!!! Back to work in 13 days.

Update April 11, 2013

I stayed in a hotel across the street from the hospital. The doctor required 24 hours of nursing care. The minute I got there I realized my husband would not be up to an additional 24 hours of icing, cooking and helping that was needed. As this was a most expensive procedure, I decided to just spend the additional money with one more day of hotel suite and nursing. It was the way to go and it was absolutely the right decision.

A friend told me to have bags of frozen peas available when I got home. They were fantastic ice packs. Light weight and malleable. Otherwise, lots of light soft foods, easy schedule and sleep.

Hi Laurie, Are you still thrilled!! You look beautiful.
So excited , as I am booked with Dr. Rosenberg on August 12, and suite in the same hotel as well. Having a brow lift, face , neck, ear lobes repaired . I too feel good about my choice , and really feel good after reading your story! Thanks so much. i will try to post as well!
I have never commented on anything but am scheduled to have neck face lift and upper and lower eyes and chemical peelin NYC I too will be staying at the same hotel albeit different surgeon. Had liposuction with this surgeon in sept and it worked out very well. I am wondering if you had drains ? What was the worst part of the recovery?

update

Continue to be very happy. I think I look very very good. Lately there have been a lot of reactions that I really look well from people who don't know I had work done.
Laurie, Are you happy with the incisions around your ears? That is the area that I am most concerned about since I wear my hair up.

healing

NO SCARS. ANYWHERE. I know I healed really well but there is not a single visible scar anywhere, even behind my ears. I am able to pull my hair back, where it in a sweat band for tennis, etc. Surgery was in February. Have been able to do this since May. When I returned for follow-up pictures in July he injected a very small area behind one ear and now there is absolutely nothing unless you took a magnifier under my chin where there is a hairline invisible line about 1/2 inch.
just replied above, but, NO SCARS, keloids or bumps. Completely invisible. I healed well, but really no issue there. He injected a small bump under my ear in July and it is MIA. The first 8 weeks the invisible stitches do a fair amount of popping out, but they don't show either. under my chin (not hidden by hair) was good immediately

You look fantastic! What an exceptional healer you are!

Thanks for your great updates. Looking good!

You look incredible. Did he inject any fat for for volume?
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was highly recommended by my hair dresser and my radiologists. Both see a million faces and felt that his were outstanding. I have a very natural result which was paramount to me. They were able to give me the proper medications and my doctor trains these nurses, so they were terrific and competent. The hotel in new york was a suite that was very very nice and well priced (around $350.00 per night) with a full kitchen. Affinia Gardens. Having the suite made it comfortable for me and gave me privacy. Truly better than any other scenario. Also, Dr. Rosenberg was able to stop in the morning after the surgery and check on me. He was also in touch with the nurses about my recovery, comfort and management of my pain and swelling--(all within norm and easily managed). This all made me feel that I was being taken care of properly.