As Good As It Gets - Manhattan, NY

I had a face lift with laser resurfacing 8 weeks...

I had a face lift with laser resurfacing 8 weeks ago today. I explored the most recommended surgeons in NYC and decided to go with Dr. Rosenberg, as I felt he made a connection with me as a person/face and not "ho hum, another facelift" I am thrilled with the outcome, subtle but significant changes and I look like a better version of me--fully my goal and his. He spent a lot of time discussing the procedure with me and he delivered what we together felt was the best outcome for this stage in my life. I am so happy I made the decision to do this now and not hold off. I will say that the healing has been a little more tiring than I expected. On the other hand, I went out in public with minimal bruising 8 days after the procedure--amazing!!! Back to work in 13 days.

Update April 11, 2013

I stayed in a hotel across the street from the hospital. The doctor required 24 hours of nursing care. The minute I got there I realized my husband would not be up to an additional 24 hours of icing, cooking and helping that was needed. As this was a most expensive procedure, I decided to just spend the additional money with one more day of hotel suite and nursing. It was the way to go and it was absolutely the right decision.

A friend told me to have bags of frozen peas available when I got home. They were fantastic ice packs. Light weight and malleable. Otherwise, lots of light soft foods, easy schedule and sleep.

update

Continue to be very happy. I think I look very very good. Lately there have been a lot of reactions that I really look well from people who don't know I had work done.

healing

NO SCARS. ANYWHERE. I know I healed really well but there is not a single visible scar anywhere, even behind my ears. I am able to pull my hair back, where it in a sweat band for tennis, etc. Surgery was in February. Have been able to do this since May. When I returned for follow-up pictures in July he injected a very small area behind one ear and now there is absolutely nothing unless you took a magnifier under my chin where there is a hairline invisible line about 1/2 inch.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was highly recommended by my hair dresser and my radiologists. Both see a million faces and felt that his were outstanding. I have a very natural result which was paramount to me. They were able to give me the proper medications and my doctor trains these nurses, so they were terrific and competent. The hotel in new york was a suite that was very very nice and well priced (around $350.00 per night) with a full kitchen. Affinia Gardens. Having the suite made it comfortable for me and gave me privacy. Truly better than any other scenario. Also, Dr. Rosenberg was able to stop in the morning after the surgery and check on me. He was also in touch with the nurses about my recovery, comfort and management of my pain and swelling--(all within norm and easily managed). This all made me feel that I was being taken care of properly.

You look fantastic! What an exceptional healer you are!

Thanks for your great updates. Looking good!

You look incredible. Did he inject any fat for for volume?
Yes, he took fat from my thigh and injected in places. I am sure that will have to be done again at some point. I believe it was around the mouth and chin where this was done. He did not do injecting in my cheeks or lips.
You look absolutely amazing. Regarding your incisions behind ears, did you ever have one behind your ear at all? From the incision in the crease behind the ear, where exactly did the incison go toward the hairline? Was it up high when it crossed over or how did the doctor do this? Again, you look lovely.
I did not pay much attention to them as they healed well and I didn't focus on them. there was no visible issue
Thanks, so much for checking... stilll a long haul Dr. promises it will all look perfect....... ugh way more time on this than imagined.... I live at the beach near Atlantic City NJ so every week in NYC is a major pain in the butt.... If you look at me head on I look wonderful and love what he did... If you catch a side look you could think I was a burn victum! Thanks again for checking!
When you have a consultation with Dr. Rosenberg does he take pictures, does he ask you what you want or does he offer suggestions. Also how long is the consultation? How many hours does the surgery take?
His consultation with me was about 15 minutes. He took photos he asked me what I was looking for and then made recommendations. He went back and forth with me about brow lift and we mutually decided it could wait . My surgery-- neck, face resurface and pierced closing took about 3+ hours.
What is a pierced closing?
Not sure if you mentioned your age, but I am curious. Incredible results! You must be so happy.
Now 59
How come it cost so much? You look great.
nyc going rate

Can't get over your results! You look so amazing.

Thx.
You have a very! natural result. The cheek area seems much fuller so I was wondering what type of facelift produced that extra midface contour. It was not there in the before shot. Would love to know b/c your result is perfect and from the doctors comments on QA a facelift that is only supposed to "fix" issues in the lower 1/3 of the face. But yours did a great and balanced job.
I did not get involved with understanding the difference from one procedure to another. I had most of the work done underneath the skin, to the supporting musculature. The effect of gravity for 58 years created downward pull. the surgery "lifted" this sagging musculature and stitches were just above my ear at the hairline and under my skin. I have no ridges or bumps. my neck is smooth and my skin is significantly tighter, but not "pulled". I have no creases, ridges or folds that weren't there before. Dr. Rosenberg did impeccable work
Susan, you sound very good and very strong. I am glad you were happy with your recovery so far. I am a huge fan of Dr. Rosenberg too, but would not criticize others. I am just happy that you and I are very please with our results!! I am not one to push a doctor on others. I have had a variety of procedures over the years and have been very happy with most of my choices. The face is the most important one, so that was based on gut, reputation and some work that I had seen. I also wanted a minimalist approach and that was achieved. His nurses also were fantastic and helped give me confidence that the choice was the right choice. I have no scars, so that is huge too!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
You are so right ...Should not have said anything, as I loved Hildalgo, and I think Baker and Asten have done some amazing faces as well..... I am so bruised, but I am not surprised as I do bruise easily... hopefully it will all go down soon!
Pitman was always known as the "lipo guy" He actually authored a book or two on it. I saw him years ago and liked him. My nurses said no way would they use him for anything anymore....... Mark Sultan is the "body man" These RN's see everything............ Five years ago is along time in plastics..... did you give him money for your face yet? What exactly do you need?
You look fantastic! I am 3 months today and very happy w my lift with dr Gerry Pitman also in NYC and I stayed 2 nights at same hotel. my md stopped also at room each am. My face continues resolving but no scars and I have worn my hair back for quite some time. I now understand why they say up to one year .
You look positively gorgeous.  Well done on your PS' part.  I can only imagine how pleased you must be and the wonderful reactions you're getting!
I keep looking at that before and after where you are wearing the blue dress. It looks like a mother daughter picture! Amazing
Gorgeous! Did the corners of your mouth get any sort of lift after surgery?