Fabulous Eye Surgery! - Manhattan, NY

Last year I decide to look into eyelid surgery. I...

Last year I decide to look into eyelid surgery. I unfortunately didn't know anyone who had had the surgery done therefore had no direct referrals. I decided to head to the Manhattan Eye and Ear hospital. This was a bit of an adventure as I ended up in the ophthalmology department rather than plastic surgery. After, some very long wait times (3hrs+ ) I met with an intern and attending surgeon on two occasions who decided I needed a blepharoplasty and a ptosis procedure. A few more hours on the following days in the billing department convinced me that I was probably not at the right place. According to billing this amounted to four different operations. The billing officer even suggested looking into the plastic surgery unit of the hospital to compare prices...

After some thorough research on the net and consulting another plastic surgeon I finally decided to have a blepharoplasty. Though I had one eye that was definitely more droopy than the other I didn't feel like I needed to have ptosis surgery. I spent a considerable amount of time looking at images and reading about the two surgeries.

In the end I am glad I opted for the blepharoplasty. My operation was a success on all counts. I see better, look younger and more alert. I could not be happier with my decision!

How are you now?  Still liking your results?

I am delighted. Best money I ever spent! My scars have completely disappeared and I can barely remember what my lids looked and felt like.

That is awesome, congrats!

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon Dr George Yang was excellent. From my first appointment with him where he spent well over an hour explaining and answering my questions to the actual surgery Dr Yang was amazing. He took pictures, pointed out the different areas of concern, discussed his approach and explained what he thought was the best approach to my specific case. He takes a very conservative approach to surgery and the pictures of his patients looked natural, not "done". As for the actual surgery, I was amazed to find that he carefully measured and drew his markers very deliberately for over half an our. Not what TV shows would have you think I might add... After the surgery I was given pain killers and headed home where I expected to be in considerable pain. I only took one pain killer after which there was only soreness. There was some bruising for the next few days but since I wasn't in pain I headed back to work after 5 days. I wore glasses and barely anyone noticed the swelling. One year later I have no visible scars and I look years younger, more refreshed and happier. My droopy eye restricted my vision. I remember thinking the first time I got on the subway after the operation that I could see the signs without lifting my head. What a gift! Dr, Yang and his staff are caring and attentive. Both Dr Yang and Mae his assistant checked up on me in the days after the operation. I could not recommend them more highly.