Exceptional Surgeon and Amazing Staff - Manhattan, NY

This review is about one of several procedures...

This review is about one of several procedures I've had done over the past year with Dr. Prasad. Because this is a rather lengthy review I will list them quickly here and then get into more details below: eyelid ptosis (drooping) repair, blepharoplasty, botox, and Acell PRP hair restoration. For any of these, Dr. Prasad and his clinic gets my unequivocal recommendation.

Eyelid Ptosis (drooping) Repair: I used to have a slightly drooping eyelid, a progressive condition which was barely noticeable but would have become an issue later on in life. So I decided to deal with it preemptively. I started by doing my homework and medical consultations. Before I came to Dr. Prasad, I had consulted with two other board certified cosmetic surgeons, one of them was an oculofacial plastic surgeon like Dr. P (specialty in the area around the eyes). In addition, I also consulted with two OTHER doctors via email, one an oculofacial surgeon and the other an ophthalmologist. In the end, based on a number of factors such as experience, competence, trust, conservativeness of approach, I went with Dr. Prasad and I am truly glad I did. The drooping was corrected in both eyes and I healed up very nicely. Even just a few months post-operatively, you can see no sign of incisions and I look much more awake and refreshed.

Blepharoplasty: Six months after my ptosis repair which corrected the drooping, I returned to Dr. Prasad with a request to remove some excess skin on my right upper eyelid. The goal was to achieve a nice symmetry in my eyes (this one you could technically chalk up to vanity but you wouldn’t be reading this if you yourself weren’t considering something like this lol). So once again, I went under the knife, and healed up quickly. It was a simple procedure in my case, I had it done on a Friday and was back in the office on Monday. The results were outstanding. I’d also like to state that Dr. P’s staff was exceedingly helpful and available throughout both my ptosis repair and bleph. I was nervous during the first procedure, but not at all the second time, mainly because I trust these guys. Also, Dr. P is really nice and takes the time to answer any questions.

Botox: With this one, I was dating a dermatologist at the time and she had done Botox herself (by one of her med school classmates hah!) and even offered it to me for my forehead and crowsfeet. I kept putting it off though for a variety of reasons. In the end, we stopped seeing each other before I could take her up on her free Botox offer (doh!). At any rate, I asked a couple of Dr. Prasad’s staff about it and they both recommended it highly. That’s the cool thing about Prasad Cosmetic Surgery: many of the staff have had the same procedures you might be considering which enables them to speak from personal experience. So I got some Botox just to see what all the fuss is about and I’m actually really glad I did. It truly does make you look younger and more rested. Dr. Prasad is conservative in his approach and doesn’t use too much so you don’t have to worry about looking weird after.

Acell-PRP Hair Restoration: As of the writing of this review, I have not yet done it but am scheduled in a couple of months. I’m not bald or balding. HOWEVER, some of my hair is getting a little thin and even though I seem to have inherited my hair from my mother’s side of the family, my father did lose most of his hair. So, I’m doing the Acell- PRP hair restoration as a form of “hair insurance”. Again a couple of the male staff at Dr. Prasad’s office have done it and rave about it. So I’m going to do this and update this review when I can speak to its efficacy.

All in all, I have had nothing but the best experience as a patient of Dr. Prasad and his clinic. If you wish to ask me any questions about this review, please feel free to contact me.
I had upper Bleph done by Prasad and my eyes look horrible. I have every problem you can possibly have now with my eyes. I need revision surgery now. He blames it all on some kind of contact allergy. I spent all of my lifetime savings and only have disfigurement to show. I am very unhappy.

Thanks for sharing.  So with the bleph, did you have both eyes done or just the one?

Hi Jill, For the ptosis repair, I had it done on both eyes which is standard in most cases. With the bleph, I just did my right eye. Since it was just removing some excess skin, the recovery time was much faster. Even just a few days after surgery and certainly now (two weeks post-op), the swelling has gone almost completely. I hope this is helpful and please feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Update

As of this update, I am just two month after the procedure so it's sitll too early to gauge results. I'm not bald or balding. HOWEVER, some of my hair is/was getting a little thin and even though I seem to have inherited my hair from my mother's side of the family, my father did lose most of his hair. So, I did the A-Cell- PRP hair restoration as a form of "hair insurance". Again several of men working at Dr. Prasad's office have done it and rave about it. So it's done now and I will update this review when I can speak to its efficacy.

As for the ptosis repair, everything is fine, there are no scars or problems. And the follow-up bleph that I had on my right eye is healing as well. But since it's only 3 months post-op, it still needs time for any swelling and redness to completely disappear. But if it's any indication to Dr. Prasad's skill, I'm currently dating an ophthalmologist doing a fellowship in oculoplastics, which is exactly the same medical background as Dr. Prasad, and she said she didn't even notice that I'dd had surgery and when I showed here the incisions sites, she was duly impressed. So make of that what you will.
Great update, thanks!
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Prasad is an excellent, competent, caring doctor who knows what he's doing and I would readily recommend him to any of my friends and family.