A Worthwhile Investment -Manhattan, NY

I had chin implant surgery with Dr. Antell about 9...

I had chin implant surgery with Dr. Antell about 9 months ago to address a receded chin line. During the consultation, Dr. Antell addressed all of my questions thoroughly. The staff was also very helpful in making arrangements for day of surgery. I had the surgery under general anesthesia on a Wednesday afternoon.

The following day, Dr. Antell saw me in his office, then I took a train out of New York City. I went to the gym the following day to do light activities, and I went back to work on Monday. Pain was minimal throughout my recovery, although it took a week or two for the swelling to fully resolve.

A part of my lower chin and lip were numb for 4-6 weeks following the procedure, but this gradually resolved. Dr. Antell had warned me that in placing the implant, there is some stretching of the nerve, and this can result in temporary numbness. I could still feel light touch and my facial muscles were are functioning normal, so no one could tell there was anything wrong. This numbness has now completely resolved.

Regarding the results, I couldn't be happier. The outcome is subtle - no one has ever come up to me and asked me if I had a chin implant - which is what I want. However, I think my face looks more balanced, especially in profile. Also, I believe that placing the implant help to eliminate some check jowls I had noticed starting to developed on the lower half of my face. I have no regrets about this procedure, and Dr. Antell is a great choice. He is honest and caring, and an excellent surgeon.

Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

Wow, I can't believe how quickly you were back at the gym, even if it was just light activities. Do you mind me asking what you did? Also, did your doctor know/approve you returning to the gym that early?