The Best Thing I Have Done for Myself! - Manhattan, NY

Ladies, if you are thinking about changing your...

Ladies, if you are thinking about changing your life for better, stop it, take a deep breath and just do it! I wasted 10 years of my life thinking and hesitating to do a breast reduction surgery. My breasts were enormously huge in comparison to my body. Because of that, not only I looked like a tank when my breasts were showing ‘from around the corner’ before the rest of the body, but a main problem was a physical pain. For many years I was suffering from a shoulder and lower back pain, my collarbone was deformed by bra stripes holding all this weight, I could not sleep on my back because my breasts were suffocating me. My daily routine became a challenge for me. My physician advised me to lose weight, and I honestly tried to do it. It was exhausting fight with a little satisfaction. I lost some body weight, but my breasts remained almost same. I gave up on exercising and lost self-confidence because of these heavy bags on my shoulders. I started doing injections to my spine because painkillers did not really help. It was a last resort, and I started seriously browse an Internet looking for a surgeon.
It took me a year of reading and analyzing before I found Dr Engler and made a call. I’m a very shy person, and I did not know how I would discuss so delicate matter with a stranger. And I was surprised! Doctor E was very friendly, polite, attentive and supportive. He made me feel very comfortable simply asking right questions, explaining what to expect from the surgery, and honestly answering all my ‘stupid’ questions. My fear disappeared like a smoke. It was a ‘love from the first site’. I made my decision during the very first visit, and stopped looking for another doctor. Doctor has a great staff. Arlene, doctor’s assistant, made a very positive impression from the first call to the office, and she was constantly in touch with me afterwards making all arrangements for the surgery.
My surgery longed for six and a half hours due to very large breasts. Doctor gave me his personal phone #, and he called me every day after the surgery (his weekend), caring, encouraging and advising on next steps. He seemed very excited of the work he had done on my breasts. I would say it is artwork! He showed me my ‘before’ picture during my first post-surgery visit, and I jumped in the air scared of my previous look. My friend asked me if I knew about difficulties of first post-surgery days, would I do it again. Answer: ‘yes’ and with same doctor. He is a talented surgeon, great bed-side manner doctor, and very nice person. I know everybody is interested in post-surgery process. I would say it was not as bad as I expected. I took just one Vicodin pill on the next day after the surgery, and then I used Tylenol for a few days. Drank a lot of water. Also, I would recommend someone sitting with you for several days because it is difficult to get up, wash yourself and change your clothes due to underarm stitches. It is better to have front opening clothes. I am very grateful to my husband who took a week off of his job and was ‘babysitting’ me. Then we got an automatic recliner chair, and it was a savior. Despite of pain in the first days, I pushed myself to do breathing exercises to open my lungs after extensive anesthesiology, and walked a lot around my apartment to gain my strength back. My breasts were healing very well, and I could go to work in two weeks, but I chose to stay home for three weeks.
Three month passed by. I am new me now. Dr.Englar did a remarkable job! My breasts look fabulous! My shoulders and back feel great, no pain anymore. I walk fast wearing heels. I look good, and enjoy shopping for designer bras and clothing. I even wore a beautiful dress without bra on my sister’s birthday! Ohhh, I forgot to mention, I’m 56 years young now! I’m so glad on my decision and making a right choice with the doctor.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I am 54 and will be have mine done in November. I will be 55 then. I would love to see before and after photos...Only two weeks you were feeling better. Did you have drains you can go to my profile and email privately. So many do this in their 20's and 30's I like you wish I had done it sooner. Very happy for you!