40 Yr Old Divorced Mother of 2 Committing to a Better Self -Manhattan, NY

For years I have been desiring bigger breasts. I...

For years I have been desiring bigger breasts. I have a boyish figure & no confidence. I grew up believing I wasn't attractive...long story. This past January, I met w Dr. Giese for a consultation. I felt very comfortable expressing the look I wanted. She was attentive to my desire, very professional yet familiar. She explained, after measuring, what my breasts will be able to handle without damaging my breast tissue for the fullness and the natural look I want. I felt as if I was a sculpture she was visualizing to carve that would express the feminine me trapped inside. Lol, I have an animated mind. Dr. Giese was excellent for me. Surgery is scheduled! I am so excited...
When is your surgery ? I think you will be happy finally doing something for yourself. I waited almost 20 years after having my kids and I am happy I finally did it. (7 months ago) Good luck keep us posted.
Thank you! I've scheduled it April 17th. You look awesome...yes I am looking foward to it.
I felt the same way growing up. I think not having boobs turned me into a tomboy,.. I did all the things that boys did, soft ball, break dance, and I wore big clothes to hide my body. It wasn't till I was 19 that I wore my first dress. Lol The boobs are the coolest things I did for my self esteem! I can't say the most expensive. I just splurged on a Porsche. Lol

Had mammogram

My PS requested a mammogram. I was extremely nervous about it. It wasn't as painful as I'd imagined it to be. Glad that is over. Hopefully all is well w my boobs.

My stats and query

5'6
140 pounds
34/36 B
Desiring a full C
I have been reading about pre op vitamins to speed up recovery. Is there such a thing? A speedy recovery?
I know my PS told me I can have my surgery on a Thursday and return to work on Monday...however, I am taking off a week from work after surgery to ensure proper healing and get used to them. Has anyone been able to return to work a few days after surgery? And has anyone taken or heard of the "pre op vitamins?" For example I.B. Secret or VitaMedica Plastic Surgery Pre & Post Op?
I took arnica montana, bromeline, quercetin, iron, vit c, zinc for recovery beginning two weeks prior to surgery. Good luck with your surgery. Those NYC prices are high!
Thanks love. Added to my list of things to get...omg yes! NYC is very expensive. I was researching PS in Fla. but my oldest daughter is unable to take off from work until June. Yikes! Thanks again.
Thanks, Congratulations for getting that scheduled !! I am going to try to keep up with you. I am so happy wish I could have done it a long time ago . Excited for you !

Dense breast tissue

Sooo, allow me to ask. I received my mammo results and blah blah blah...dense breast tissue. I have not called my Mum, PS or my GYN to ask beeecause, I am scared to hear them say I can't have my boobs - I know... When will I not allow fear to paralyze me...I'm in tears bc I've never done anything for myself I'm afraid of it not manifesting...I am afraid of googlying it! What is wrong with me? All of this yet deep inside I know that all will be fine as I know I DESERVE IT!
Anyhoo, my question is...what in bloody hell does dense breast tissue mean? Do any of you know? Hate to sound this ignorant at my age.
It takes tremendous courage to do something like this for yourself. As a mother, I've no doubt that you've given so much of yourself. You absolutely deserve this! I'm excited for your day to come. I got the VitaMedica pack and took it religiously. I thought, why not do all I can to enhance recovery? And after draining the bank account several thousand $, what's another hundred :) My mammogram also found dense breast tissue. It never came up with my PS so I assume it was a non-issue.
I asked my surgeon about dense breast tissue and he said it was better to have it when getting implants... :)
Ha ha awesome! Thanks love

39 days...

Sooo 39 days before my big day! Aahhh jeezz I am so psyched! I am so grateful for this site, I've read so many journeys and have learned so much from all of you.

What caught me by surprise was that I never thought I'd go thru such a powerful emotional ride. I tell you that I spontaneously woke up one morning in January and decided IT IS MY TIME, NO EXCUSES!

The 1st thing I thought was to take care of me. Yes, I focused on everyone in my life and neglected myself emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. Did my best to help and make everyone's life easier in their chaos while betraying myself and creating turmoil in my life. Unfortunately, I learned this as a very young child. I will not bore you w my story.

After that evening when I openly described without any reservations to my PS and my daughters what I wanted and why I wanted this surgery, I've been on an emotional train ride, tapping inside myself connecting with my "REAL SELF" and committing to it wholeheartedly allowing myself to be exactly who I am. Hmmm...matching my outside with my inside. No, I have never let anyone in -

Since then, I've dropped this heavy bag I've carried for so long (I carried other ppl's bags as well) setting myself free.

I have two beautiful daughters (21 & 12) full of inner confidence, self love & lovable. They are so happy, creative and inspired.I don't know how I did it, living in that self destructive inner pain. What I wanted and gave to them was what I've always wanted for me and now know I can give to me.

Well, needless to say, what I thought was just an outside renovation stirred me to my own inner major transformation.

Thank you my lovely goddesses!
My surgery is april 17 as well. I have an almost 2 yr old and a lot of the time I keep having doubts and thoughts that I'm being selfish by doing this. That maybe I should do something for my son with that $ Instead. I've wanted boobs since I can remember. I'm 26 now and I just can't keep feeling guilty about it. I won't be able to play with him for the 1st weeks I feel like I'm taking his mommy from him by doing this. It is a very emotional thing I wasn't expecting this .
This is 1000% an emotional roller coaster .... but a year after we are all done doing what we WANT to do with our body we will look at ourself and be reminded as to how worth it everything is :-) Cant wait to see ur results :-) u will do great
I hear that about the emotions- I have really done so much searching in myself to be able to do this and feel like I deserve it. My entire journey with my health, getting fit, feeling good about myself and doing this because I deserve it, makes me feel like this has been more powerful than any type of therapy I've done- and I'm a therapist... LOL. I read an awesome article the other day about responding to questions regarding plastic surgery and I was appalled at how people have the nerve to ask people if they have had work done... I am exactly two weeks away from my BA, hoping for great results, and feeling like a million bucks because I have taken the time to learn, become more informed, feel strong and that I am deserving of this. It IS YOUR TIME. You do deserve this and will be stronger and more well-rounded (literally, hahaha) in your life experience. Women are given so much grief over wanting to do things for themselves, made to feel guilty over wanting to take care of themselves, and because its in our nature to care-take others, we feel selfish when we do- but its all in self-care and loving ourselves. This site is so awesome, my PS was thrilled that there is an online social sharing place for women who want to support each other and the journaling and response is soooo therapeutic. Good luck to you and I will be following your journey! WOO HOO!

10 more sleeps

It really hit me today...became a bit nervous, maybe I have been operating in subliminal denial?

Work has kept me ridiculously occupied! I am a one man show in my department...ugh! I have to do everything from actively engaging to just simply remaining still, just listening...gosh I think I love these fools!

I have to clean my apartment, it is not filthy BUT it needs a nice scrub. Specially after the call I received a few minutes ago from my Mum. "I'm flying in on Sunday and decided to stay w u for 10 days to care for u" WAIT A MINUTE...whhaatt!!?? Don't get me wrong, I love my mum! Aarrggh I must confess I fear her as she is my biggest critic!! The things she says, no filter. The way her eyes give the "I am disappointed/I do not approve" stare and the "pff!" rolling of her eyes. Sometimes she doesn't even look at u or says one word. U just know. Omg I'm 40 yrs old wth? I'm breathing in & out slowly on the A train as I digest this news, my mum in town, with me, in my small NY apartment for TEN days. TeN DaYs!

I will take a pix of my weary boobs this weekend after I wax. Yes, no I haven't waxed in a month. (TMI?) I'm leaving it for this weekend b4 the surgery. Trust me I don't like it, BUT thankfully it is still cold in NYC - still wear long sleeve shirts w blazers for work. Sweaters on the weekends (my little one asked me to "sort out that situation"under my arms) lol

Taking my vitamins & will start juicing (carrots, beets, pineapple) in the mornings only, fasting...for three days on then off three days then three days on then off on surgery day then three days on after surgery. To detox my liver. Anesthesia does a number on me. When I was going for my c-section 12 years ago, my doc told me to detox my liver that way.

Hmm what else? Oh, going to my pre-op appt on Wednesday after work. Concerned about a cough I've had for two days. Not sure if allergies or just a cough. I get horrible allergies! Really bad...I still don't really know how many cc's. I try not to compare myself to anyone bc I learned cc's work different on everyone. Playing w the rice sizers at home I like the 400cc's look - it is almost like the make believe boobs I sport now
:-p

I don't post comments on many reviews anymore bc my daughters told me I was a bit "freakish" BuuuT I sly my way in to I follow so many of you! Always want to know how u r doing, what's happening w the tattas, r u happy, how u progress. I wish it was like Pinterest, I could pin U :-D

Thanks for all your supportive comments!! You ladies ROCK - I don't feel alone in my journey. Thank you again...

Be well lovelies...
You're so close!!!! No one gets under my skin like my mom. Lol, mine doesn't have a filter, either. Good luck! It'll be nice to have someone there helping out. Implant size is such a funny thing. Ladies with the same cc's end up with such different results.
You sound like an amazing mum D! Yes your baby will miss your cuddling hugs for a few days yet remember when u r able to give him the smooches w the yum yum hugs, they will be cushioned!! About the selfishness, ugh I know love! The guilt!!!! our kiddos will be well as they've always been...it's ok to do something awesome for ourselves :-D they want us happy too...can't wait for our journey love
Thanks for the kind words!

Productive day

Today was a productive day. Woke up early, walked my dog, dropped off prescriptions, ran some errands, went to my little one's softball practice, waxed, bought three front zipped sports bras. Went to the car wash. Picked up prescriptions. Went to Target to pick up cleaning supplies. Cleaned my home. Ugh I am exhausted! Good night friends. Yup, Mum tomorrow for TEN days!!
God willing, I'll update u Thursday after surgery. I have to be in at 7:15a! I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. Very anxious :-/
Feminineme, our stats are almost identical. I can't wait to hear and see your results. I haven't told anyone, took 10 days off and their freaking out too! Good luck hon, check in when you can. I'm sure you'll do great.
Omg Redglory!! Yes!! U ROCK! Pls be here for women in our age group. I love the young ladies getting their BAs...love the young spirits & celebrate w them as if celebrating w my own daughters!! And then I enjoy and embrace our age group taking this step...aaahhh it is such a victorious (for lack of words) reward for us! Kids are grown, having their own experiences and now we get to have our improved version of our woman warrior bodies :-) I too have a very supportive daughter, in her twenties like your baby...such bond we have. My 12 year old is also cheering me up, yet a bit concerned about me, she doesn't find the humor in most things my oldest & I say about the surgery lol. Congratulations love!!! My best to you!

I'm an legal citizen of boobiland :-D 350cc silicone. mod +

Sooo happy! Haven't seen them yet...it felt as if it was done in 20 seconds. Marked, anesthesiologist walked in, I was out while being wheeled into the OR bc lol I can't remember getting there...I was home by 11a! Just woke up to take pain killer.
Oh ladies I am so genuinely greatful for all of u, for all your shared experiences,it was so good to have a very close idea as to what to expect! Nothing like women supporting each other. Thanks!!! My daughters & my mum are taking very good care of me. Lots of pressure at the moment. Keeping up w my pain meds, hydrating & will start icing soon.

Ooops

***I meant a legal citizen lol I think I was attempting to say an official citizen and my ADD kicked in***xoxo
How are you feeling? ! We did it! I'm having a he'll of a time . I hope you're doing better than I am :)
How are the new girls?
Morning fem, how are you feeling today?

3 days

Hello beautiful ladies...I have literaly been sleeping since Thursday after dinner. Only waking up for meds, vomit, urinate, then knock back into unconsciousness. I did have a bm Thursday, not another since. Not much of an appetite, very, bloated, dizzy & nauseous. Showered today w my Mum's help and not taking the hydrocodon today, instead I'm taking ES Tylenol. Let's see if I can stay awake...I have been walking for a few minutes & drinking lots of water & tea. Hoping this grogginess passes soon.
I like my size so far, I'm sure they will F&D in due time...I'll be patiently waiting :-)
Hoping all of u r doing well

So far...

Morning feminineme, how are feeling today?
Great size! I hated the grogginess, too, and was eager to make the switch to ES Tylenol. So happy for you!!!
Hey fem, sorry you are having such a hard time of it. Good thing your mom is there to help and keep you on top of your meds. Hope you feel better soon.

One week

Hello my dear all...one week yesterday. I believe the swelling is down. I'm still very sleepy all the time. Laying off the muscle relaxants. Haven't had pain killers for quite a few daya, just ES Tylenol. Getting ready to go back to work Monday...I really don't think anyone will notice bc I look exactly like I did w my paddings & chicken cutlets. I really want them to drop and fluff but so do all of us right? I'll be patient :-)
Oh nipples, jeezzz so sensitive....
Have an entire day scheduled w my 12 year old, hair, nails, pedicure, facial. I told work I was on vacation and right now I look like like I just got back from the valley of death! My little one goes back to skl Monday...she was a great nurse along w my oldest and my Mum. Mum flew back home last evening. She actually behaved!!! She didn't feel too much like a stranger + she complimented how my daughters and I love each other and said "you've done well"...you see, I have siblings and we haven't spoken in years. My Mum & I speak every so often during the year & both her & one of my sisters come to NYC to shop...we r very different! I fight hard to deep root sisterhood, acceptance, respect, forgiveness, compassion and tolerance in my girls...
Aaaanyhoo...you all know more about me than the ppl i've worked w for more than 10 years! I thank you everyday!!
Ok so i'll update everyweek for now...to show u how these babies start dropping.
Looking good Hun how are you doing?
No better feeling than to hear mom say "You've done well" when it comes to raising our kids. Good for you fem, good for you.
Hello sunshine...ugh dreading going back to work Monday but lol I HAVE TO WORK! How r u?

14 Days Post-Op

Well my lovely boobs sisters....Here I am 14 days later. Work has been kicking my ass this week, I still feel sleepy all the time. Keeping up w my vitamins. I have permission to start working on my lower body only. I was very bad 2 nights ago, had a work event and the dress I was wearing looked very strange so i decided to wear a STRAPLESS UUNnNnndER wire PADDED bra! Boy oh boy did I pay for that! They did look sort of normal BUT OMG was I in pain. My boobs got really hard, all my pec nerves were killing me, my nipples were extremely sensitive, my sternum was painful. My incisions where swollen. When I left the event, I took my bra off on the train!!!! Yes I DID! Thank God it was a bit chill in NYC so I wore a thick shawl over. When I arrived home I iced them, gently massaged w the arnica cream and lavender oil, took 2 ES Tylenols & a sleeping pill. Slept propped up on all my pillows & woke up w the worts morning boob pain & while holding on to my boobies I kept punishing myself for deliverately disobeying my PS post op instructions & begging my ELEVEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS BOOBS to plllleeaaassseee be ok! It was very scary my boobies sisters...don't do anything as stupid as what I did...They seem to feel better today. They look lopsided to me, righty still high, now higher that b4, but I take accountability for my stupidity. I keep icing them...ooh :-( I see my PS next wednesday...kisses to all - this was my week...
Fem, you look GREAT! Sorry about your pain w/the underwire. I have pretty much the same stats 5' 3 1/2" and 132/133 lbs 36B and dense breasts too going w/336cc & 304cc (uneven boobies) hope my girls turn out as good as yours!!! Thanks for sharing your journey. Hope you heal quick w/o anymore problems.
Thanks love! Your boobs are going to look amazing. I dont quite love them yet, there r still "annoyingly" upper pole is still hard and full...cant wait to see fullness in lower pole...patience :-)) my best to u
Hi Fem!! Thank you for sharing your story :) Your results are wonderful!! You look GREAT!! My right breast has been higher than my left for 3 weeks now and I'm wondering if they'll ever even out :( But I saw my PS today and he said it's totally normal and everything looks good. So try not to worry about it (easier said than done, I know). It can takes months for them to catch up to each other. But you look fantastic!! Have you tried any massaging? My PS has me doing compression exercises he showed me today, to help with dropping (especially with the right one). Can't wait to see more updates and follow your progress! Hope you're doing well :)

4 weeks yesterday! Wow

Didn't want to post anything until I saw changes. But heck! I want to be of service to others who are entering this journey. I know witnessing others experiences helped me before I had my surgery.

Still riding high, square boobs, sensitive and low nipples...ugh! I feel my muscles throbbing @ times??? I don't know what else to call it ;-) I don't think I've started to drop. There is too much upper fullness, I want the lower pole fullness and my nipples to be centered already! I've learned this is when lots of patience must come in and I must allow my pec muscles to do what they need to do with their new 350cc alien silicone friends.

Last week was my 3rd week post, she said my incisions are too dark and ordered a scar cream compounded "specially" for me from some pharmacy in Florida. I've been discharged until August and given the green light to wear any bra I want. She doesn't believe in massages. I still don't love my new boobies yet I am happy with my decision to have this surgery. It has been transforming! An undeniable work in progress in and out...LITERALLY! I've been up and I've been DooOowwwwN. No regrets. I was emotional the past two weeks. After reading redglory's experiencing the same, I'll embrace the changes within and just be there for me, as I now understand this is how my body is coping to surgery and the implants.

One thing that makes me grin, is the thought of not having to use the bra inserts this summer...wooohooo!!! YES!!! THANNNK YOUUUU GOD! There were times I had been so worried the inserts would come out of place and will show by the sides if I was wearing a tank top or a dress in the summer or that they'd fall out of my bra. Once, many years ago, at a friend's bday party, one fell on the floor while I was dancing, I kicked it far and someone shouted "someone lost a breast!" I knew I'd been the one yet I laughed w the rest of the crowd "ha hahhaha" and continued dancing...jeez. So grateful I know for sure it will not happen again.

Kisses!
Hi Fem how are you?! . I'm doing great hope you are too! Can you believe tomorrow is 6 wks. 2 more weeks after that and we hit our 2 month mark. Amazing isn't it
Congrats
They're going to look great once they drop
New York Plastic Surgeon

Can't say enough about Doctor Giese. She is down to earth and interested in how I wanted to look. Attentive and communicated with me. I trusted her. And her staff, a group of females showing genuine concern about making women fell and look good! It all started a call to body cosmetica, met Trina (an angel) who highly recommended one of her PS when I told her I wasn't looking for attention, wanted to my breast to look like they were meant to look...then met Christine, the Patient Coordinator, a doll! Then my artist, Doctor Giese...ha! Took her time with me, never rushed me, was never late, answered all my questions...I trusted her! Wait, can't forget Melanie, the Surgical Coordinator, drove her insane and she always greeted me as if I was the only nut she dealt with, smiling and welcoming. The nurses and anesthesiologist, also fascinating! Brilliant group of women sculpting the beauty hidden under!