Love the Result ... Wish I Could Have Done It Sooner. - Manhattan, NY

Considered this procedure for years and researched...

Considered this procedure for years and researched online the various options; researched the appropriate doctors; consulted 2 different doctors based on reviews and went in to talk to both. Did not like the first doctor - He wasn't patient enough. Second doctor (Dr. Eric Choe): I knew he would be my doctor based on my interview with him because I feel confident in him.

Day of Surgery: I went in myself at 2 pm for the procedure. The ladies at Dr. Choe's office gave very detailed, simple instructions on what to do before the surgery. They are very courteous and professional which is very important to me. One of the nurses talk to you about the procedure, what to expect, and most importantly, the after care. Dr. Choe will come in and look at your eyes again and make sure you guys are on the same page in terms of expectation. I told him I trust him to do the best job ever.

Then, you change into this blue paper robe, and everyone gets ready for surgery. You go into a surgery room where you sit in a chair and then the nurses come (one to give you a shot and the other to distract from the shot. ) Dr. Choe comes in and then he gives you a couple of shots to your eyes to numb them. The surgery will then begin, 30 minutes approx. per eye. You will not be "out cold" because the doctor expects you to have a clear enough brain to open your eyes so he can see. My brain was very clear through the procedure, and Dr. Choe will talk to you during surgery. I had minimal pain for my surgery. I did feel a few little pricks when the doctor did some stitches at the end, but overall, no pain. I would say this surgery is less painful than getting teeth cleaned at the dentist. About 1 hour later, both eyes were done. He asked me to open my eyes, and I did ... slowly. The nurse took me out of the surgery room and into another room where she gently gave me instructions on using the ice pack and gauze on my eyes. I think I stayed in there for a maybe 30 minutes icing my eyes. Afterwards, the nurse took me to the restroom for me to see what I look like. I knew I was going to look scary so when I saw myself, I had prepared for the worst and it wasn't so bad. My eyes were swollen, and the right eye was more swollen than the left.

The girls at Dr. Choe's office are very professional and kind, and they took their time with me to make sure that I am okay prior to leaving the office after the surgery. They did everything that they say they will do (ie. calling in the evenings, follow up, etc).

I honestly think I was the most swollen the day I had the surgery. The day after the surgery, I felt I didn't look as bad, and each day after that I looked better and better. Here's a picture of what happened: surgery on 12/24; 12/25 was Christmas so I rested that day, 12/26 - 12/27 (Thurs and Friday) - I felt comfortable enough to go to work wearing my eye glasses. 12/27 - went into Dr. Choe's office for him to look at my eyes, and I was very happy with my progress and so was he. 12/28-12/29 (weekend) more recovery. The following week, I kept recovering more and more, and on 12/30 I started wearing my contacts. 12/30 - 1/1/14 were holidays so I stayed home again to recover my eyes. About 5 days after 12/27, I started wearing eye make up, and it looked great. By 1/12/14, 100% of the bruising had gone away. I started low levels of exercising 1 week after the surgery.

My mom and grandmother cannot find fault with the results of my surgery. We are happy with the decision I made, and most of all, I am an even happier me.

4 months after surgery picture

What do you think. :)

12 days after surgery - Surgery was on 12-24-2013

See my eyes 12 days after surgery.

Old me with monolids

Sorry I don't have a close up for some reason. But you can tell, right? My eyes are smaller and it didn't have a crease at all. After this surgery, I have a clear crease.

4 months after surgery picture

12 days after surgery

Old me with monolids

New York Plastic Surgeon

This is a doctor who is very skilled and patient. I really appreciate the time he spent talking to me and getting the best results attainable. I'm happy to give him and his office my business and would recommend others to go to him as well. Thank you.