Dr. Eric Choe; Manhattan, NY

About two weeks ago I did double eyelid surgery...

About two weeks ago I did double eyelid surgery with Dr. Choe in New York after finding out that I didn't have the time or money to go to South Korea for surgery. I was honestly a bit apprehensive at first, however Dr. Choe and his staff exceeded my expectations! They were VERY kind and helpful, making me feel like family from the minute I walked in for a consultation. Prior to the surgery, he recreated the double eyelid he thought was "best with my face" (which turns out to be true! I wanted something smaller but I find that now my eyes look really nice based on his recommendation). Despite what I have heard about the painful eye shots (anesthesia) and just being afraid of the procedure and outcome, nothing was unbearable. Dr. Choe was kind enough to spark conversation during the surgery as well. I'm 18 years old, so my healing process has been rather quick; after a week I could go out without many noticing. It's been two weeks now and I have no bruising, discoloration, or major swelling anymore, and I tried out light makeup and received several compliments! Dr. Choe is very popular among the Korean community so I risked it and went to him; now I don't regret it at all :) Although the procedure was pricey, keep in mind the States and Korea (or any other country for that matter) differ in costs for medicine and such. Highly recommend Dr. Choe if you can't leave the States for surgery!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for sharing with us.  Amazing that your swelling and bruising are already gone, that's awesome!