Body Back (Plus Some!) - Mandeville, LA

I suppose it's about time I joined! I've been...

I suppose it's about time I joined! I've been looking through all the stories and advice for a couple months now. Here's my story so far.

I'm a mom of two sweet boys (3 and 5) and after breastfeeding and all the changes that pregnancy, I decided I want my body back! I've been pretty good about exercising, but no amount of exercise will give me the bust I really want. I'm 34 years old, 5'3 and 125 pounds. My current bra size is 34 A. I told the PS that I would like a full C, but really, the more I think about it, I want a D. Who am I kidding?! I want nice, big boobs.

The PS I chose is very nice and comes with a lot of great recommendations. I was able to do the Vectra 3D imaging to get an idea of what I may look like post op. I've already told her I would like the 380/410 (I have a two difference sized boobs) and I'm now thinking I would like to bump it up to the next size 410/440 ccs. I am going with round, moderate profile sientra implants and I'm so excited I can't think of anything else. I feel pretty prepared (thanks to scouring this website). But I'm a bit nervous about recovery.

So, that's my story so far! Hopeful I can talk to my ps tomorrow and see about changing my size two days before surgery!

Tomorrow is the big day for me! I've been so...

Tomorrow is the big day for me! I've been so excited and nervous all day. House is cleaned, hubby is off work for a couple days to help take care of the kids, and I have the bedroom set up for easy access to prescriptions and the remote to the tv. I think I may be looking forward to a couple days in bed (even though it won't be comfortable) as I am to the new breasts.

My lovely lady lumps have arrived! My husband...

My lovely lady lumps have arrived! My husband dropped me off at the surgery center this morning and was able to drop the kids off at school while the staff and doctor prepared me for surgery. I was a bit anxious and thinking to myself, "what am I doing? This is an elective surgery, I should be happy with my body. I am healthy, I can walk, feed myself and do the day to day things so many take for granted." But, lucky for me the sedative they put in my I'VE helped me to relax ;) After they checked my vitals and hooked me up, a nurse and my doctor told me it was time. I was rolled into the surgery room and I swear I was out in less than a minute. When I woke up, I was in the recovery room with my husband by my side. I felt so drugged and out of it. Didn't feel too much pain or pressure. They released me about a half hour after I woke up and had a pretty uneventful ride home. Since I've been home I just been dozing on and off. I took a peek, and thought they are small. My husband laughed and said, "no. You look great and you will be happy with the size once they settle." I ended up with 380 on one side and 410 in the other. That's what the ps though would look the best on my body.
Hope everyone is doing well out there!

I'm now one week post op and feeling a lot better...

I'm now one week post op and feeling a lot better since the surgery. The first two days I was pretty out of it because of the pain killers. By the third morning I decided to stop taking them because I hated the way they made me feel. I was dizzy and unfocused and really didn't like the feeling. That meant the next two days were rough. For me, the third day and fourth day post op were very uncomfortable and I was impatient and miserable. I thought I would be ok to drive five days post op, and even though I stopped taking medication three days earlier, I still felt too loopy to drive. Everyone is different, but it took me until today to feel confident to drive. That being said, every day that goes by, the better I feel. I can't wait to see how my breasts look once they fall into place. They are still high and I now how to wear the dreaded strap for three hours a day. I didn't have to wear it right after surgury and I didn't have to wear a bra after the first 24 hours. I still wear it though because it's what is most comfortable.

I haven't updated in quite a while, but everything...

I haven't updated in quite a while, but everything is going well! The first week post op was pretty tough, but every day after has been going really well. They're evening out and I'm happy with the size. It's nice to fill out clothes for the first time! It took a couple weeks for me to adjust to the change, but they feel like they're a part of me now. I'm getting back to the gym, but certain exercises freak me out a bit. It feels awkward doing push ups and I kind of feel like I'm babying my new boobies. Hope everyone else is doing well out there!
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Several ladies have recommended her. I've researched her, she's board certified with no complaints I've found. Staff is friendly and she's very approachable.

I have appt. with Dr. Cooper in about a week. I was really happy to read about your great experience with her and the surgery. I am 5'2", 100lbs and 33yrs old. I have 3 children one of which is in high school. I'm having trouble deciding what size to go with. I currently wear a 34A bra.
You will be so happy with Dr. Cooper and her work! I need to update this review since its been a while, but she's pretty amazing. I went with the 380/410 moderate profile and I'm really happy with the size. They were pretty big and swollen at first. I thought they were too big. Then they started to drop into place and I thought maybe they were too small :) But, honestly, I think they're perfect for me. Good luck at your appointment! Her staff is very nice as well.
I can't get them done soon enough! Thanks
You were right Dr. Cooper and staff were amazing! She suggested I go with 286/375 or 304/400 silicone under. My breasts have about an 80cc difference. The surgery is scheduled for May 22. I'm so excited after having consultations with 3 other doctors I knew Dr. Cooper was the best for me. Do you think the Vectra images were close to what you looked like after surgery?
I wasn't too impressed with the Vectra images. It was really neat and made my expectations more realistic. Which is probably one of the goals for doctors and patients. I was blown away by the results and think they look a lot better (and perkier) than the Vectra images. Good luck next month!
Oh, and definitely check out her website because there are plenty of before and after pictures posted. Dr. Cooper is amazing!
You look great and thanks!!!
Congrats :)
Glad everything went well.. Happy healing!!

Good luck today! Sending smooth recovery vibes your way. Please let us know how you're feeling when you're up to it!

Thank you!
Good luck!
Thank you!
Good luck tomarrow! Check my page for items you need to pack in car going to surgery. You'll look amazing!!!
Thank you, Amazonian! I took a look this morning before surgery! My hubby only had to pick up one thing at CVS when he picked up our youngest from school!
If you can go up in size!! I was going 390/420 but decided to go up to 420/505 and am SOOOO happy I did!! They really do look much bigger outside the body. When I just got out of the surgery I thought wow way to big but after the swelling goes down in a couple of days I am so happy!!! Go bigger if you can!!
Thanks for the support! I keep seeing posts about ladies wishing they went bigger, so we will see what is decided in the morning! You look amazing, btw!
Thank you :) let me know what you decide!!