Breast Reduction - Manchester, United Kingdom

It's going ok I guess apart from the swelling...

It's going ok I guess apart from the swelling and soreness, which is getting me down.. I'm three weeks post op an still unable to do much at all I have family around who are helping out.

My concern is the swelling inthe evening and night are very sore are so swollen I think they are going to open up.. I use an ice pack drink plenty of water sleep up right and it is a chore get up from the bed in a morning as my breasts feel like two rocks and have to hold both an lift my self of the bed using my tummy muscles.. I was a 28 HH and now think I'm a D as cant tell due to swelling.

Hi Tona,Im six weeks post op today and after reading about the six months when everthing settles, I cant wait.. I can totally understand where you are coming from as i keep calling my collegue and she is a brill nurse, to come over and check if everything is fine any signs of infections as reading other peoples recovery is amazing even on youtube where people start goint to the gym four weeks post op ... an im stuck here at home. My sister drove me to the park yesterday and walked with me lol i dnt think she was to happy as was freezing but i was so desperate to go for a walk and feed the ducks.. and had a shower with some help with my hair and back and when i started to change my steristrips and got through half and could not go any further because i was scared so felt the rest.. its so hard to redress them yourself :(
My right nipple is super sensitive than my left but they dont affect me in the cold weather maybe because I place some gauze over them under the bra... try that mayb that might take some of the discomfort away..
I have plenty energy but my sleeping pattern is all messed up as get up so many times a night and still cant sleep on my side so cnt get comfortable on my back. Tona it should be fine if your incisions are are healed as im using normal shampoo and then simple soaps everywhere else, with full showers i have once aweek and an wash with a towel the rest of the days but i can wash on my own waist level.
i have researched alot and its good to wear tape for awhile for support and for good results for scaring, what tape you using ? and how often are you changing it ?
..Dnt worry you can always talk to me as i will never get board and yes its such a big op as what we cannot see are the sutures inside and they will need along time for them to heal.. ive got a apt to see the doc this week for a sick note as still unable to drive and hate the uncomfortable journey .. Im so happy for you Tona that youhave gone to work and feel better for it. We both will get there in teh end and its not so long now so hang in there because you got a friend here that send you prayers of good health. :)
Take care x
Hi Hana
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I am now bac to work full time plus two evenings at University and as well as family and home committments so haven't had the time to check into the site. Hope by now things are easier for you and you are able to drive and maybe back to work, it really will help you get your mind of things.
I'm seven weeks post op tomorrow and things a bit easier for me, still a bit painful especially if I overdo it. I took the tape off in the past few days but had a tiny bit of bleeding beside my right nipple so put a small piece back on. I'm now using bio oil to try and help the scars. I am also still a bit discoloured and sore at the bottom of my breasts, so things seem to be healing from the top down. I am still not used to the smaller size and can't believe they are mine.
All the best
Tx
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. I live in Northern Ireland and had my BR done two weeks ago privately as the NHS waiting list is too long. Did you go private as well? I am also experiencing something similar to you, but not to the same extent as you. I feel great first thing in the morning and can get in and out of bed and do most things easily but as the day progresses my breasts become painful and tender to touch. I checked this out with my surgeon's nurse yesterday and she was happy with my breasts and told me to make sure I take things easy. I am trying not to take painkillers unless really necessary and think it's part of the healing process. My energy levels are also not back to normal but I think this is normal enough at my stage. Looking at other posts on the site it seems other people also experience pain at our stage, but you should perhaps go back to your doctor just to make sure everything is ok. I hope things improve for you soon.

Was neglected at the hospital and nothing was really explained an no real time was spent with me at all, it's very disappointing when you are looking at someone to guide you in the right direction and yet no one did and I was just left to it...