My Nose! - Manchester, GB

one week post op

Not sure if the bridge is still too high. The nurse said at this stage if I am happy with the shape that's good as this won't change??? I feel like if the swelling goes down overall I will still he unhappy as the bridge looks high and protruding between my eyes. Kind of like a Klingon. On the other hand, I like the tip as it is so am sure I will only be happier with that once the definitiongegets better. Just worried about the hump in relation to the rest... Anyone had the same thing?

8 days post op

13 days post op

13 days post op

18 days post

18 days post

pre

38 days post, before and afters

Hi were did you go for rhinoplasty
I went through the Harley medical group, I went to Manchester UK and my surgeon was Dr sleiter, have you booked yours?
No not yet im in ireland and thinkimg of goin abroad but just nervous its so hard to know who to choose like its your face so i dunno im just so confused
I know, I went to a reputable company but didn't research at all really. I think you should ask for some before and after pictures from a surgeon's work.
Yh i did but some say theyll only show at consoltation ? How is your nose healing
This site is a good place to start. I only discovered it after I'd already had mine done. My nose is still improving, I'm a bit concerned that I still have a visible bump on my bridge but will be meeting surgeon again soon so I will ask about it. I think its healing well though, the tip and nostrils feel quite swollen still somedays and the tip feels a little numb. To the sides of the bridge under my eyes feels a bit tender at times. I am still being careful of it but its getting stronger all the time. I hope you manage to find someone who will put your mind at ease and answer all your questions, I do think my surgeon was brilliant but just make sure you are clear about what you want, I would take loads of pictures in if I was going through it again!
Hi, Did u have a closed rhinoplasty?
Yes it was
Thanks jacq13, your nose looks great! Are you happy with the result?
Aw thank you, I do think its a big improvement but feel like the bump on my bridge is still there am hoping it will still go down a bit. I had a follow up meeting with my surgeon yesterday and he said there was still a lot of swelling in the tip and gave me three little injections, they hurt more that the surgery itself!! Are you having yours done, still looking or are you booked to have it?
Mine is booked for the 24/01 with dr sleiter jacq13 and my nose is very similar to your old nose, if I can call it that?! I'm a little nervous but after seeing your before and after pics I'm very excited. Yes I hate injections too was bad enough when they take blood at pre-op!! I've shown my family your before and after photos too and they are very impressed as he's seem to have done a lot but still kept it looking very natural! How was your bruising?
Aw that's lovely of you to say, thank you. I want to see yours now! The bruising went down quite quick, I went back to work ten days after surgery and people could tell I had a black eye but not that i'd had my nose done! Round the eyes is the last of the bruising to go and I swear one of my eyes still looks to have a dark bit underneath. I think it will go in time. That's so exciting that you are with him too, he really gets good reviews from everyone who works with him and even the staff in the hospital said I had the best of their rhinoplasty surgeons. I was a bit scared because I hadn't seen any simulations or drawings of what it could look like and still kind of feel I would have liked more of a slope to my nose but I agree that it does look natural. I am really excited for you now too, five days away!
Thanks for replying. I will update some pics with full reviews once I've had my nose done... Not long now!! I've taken 10 days off too, hoping that will be enough, if not I'll have to use plenty of concealer! Did you have packing? If so did it hurt when they take it out? I've heard that it's really painful :(
Yeah definitely, I had makeup on but the black eye was still visible! I did have packing which they removed the following day before I went home. I don't remember it being painful, just a bit weird I suppose and it was over with very quickly. I remember thinking how did all that fit up my nose! I think the painkillers were still very effective the next day also. Looking forward to seeing your review and pics! X
Just want to wish you all the best for tomorrow, looking forward to reading your review! Xo
Aww thank you, I really appreciate that jacq13, feeling a little nervous! Xo
That's understandable! I was too, I quite liked the anaesthetic though and its all done with very quickly. I just kept telling myself why am I nervous, ill be asleep and won't have to do the work! Xx
Yes, good point, I like your thinking! Did you stay overnight too? x
Yes I stayed at the Bridgewater hospital, it was great! X
Hi jacq13, I'm on day 3 and my bruising to my right eye is awful, not so bad on the left side! Any tips for a speedy recovery? Surgery went well tho and bridgewater looked after me well but I'm happy to be home, came home yesterday morning.
I was thinking of you and hoping you were doing well? Was the packing removal as bad as you thought? As for recovery, I got some arnica montana tablets and slept with three pillows! They say to cut down on your salt intake. I would say just rest and get up and walk a bit! I didn't leave the house for a few days! Did Mr sleiter go over what you wanted doing again before the op? How was the anaesthetic?
I'm ok thank you, just hate the groggy feeling and feel so sleepy all the time. Yeah he did, he spoke to me post op too and said he was toying with the idea of narrowing my nostrils but wasn't sure so said he may re-visit them dependant on what I thought. I think they look ok at the moment, I currently look like your 2 day post op pic, I noticed your swelling went down considerably from day 2 to day 8? Yes, resting plenty, have 3 pillows, I was sick a couple of times yesterday so was told no hot drinks and take paracetamol instead of co-codamol if required. Yes, may go for a walk in the evening and I do have arnica tablets too. I'm usually so active this surgery really has knocked me for six. Thanks for all your help and support so far. X
Aw no problem, its so nice to chat to people who understand! At two days mine was quite wide and you appeciate how much swelling there is! Mine looked really piggy and nostrils were big and bloody! It does go down a lot from the day after cast removal! I'm still concerned about the hump that is still there and that my nose is like a continuation of my forehead. Only time will tell though. I can't wait to see yours! Get loads of rest and do what you feel comfortable with, everyone is different, I was so hungry straight after my op! X
Hi nazxx, how r the results to ur new nose, iv been to a free consultation on last day of Feb, gone no further because of cost ( very pricey need to save up alot) and because of lack of positive feedback from rhinoplasty done by dr slieter. Im 22 and got a car on finance which makes it harder for cash to save up, lol. I do want to go ahead with it but is it with the right surgeon and medical group? X
I really like the angle of your tip and honestly think the bridge is just a little bit swollen. I know exactly how you are feeling but hang in there! I have a great feeling that post healing your result will be really refined and delicate. Xo!