43 Years Young, 3 Children. Wanted This for over 20 Years So Why the Cold Feet? - Manchester, UK

Firstly I would like to thank all the members of...

Firstly I would like to thank all the members of this site who have shared their stories and how helpful and informative they have been.

For over 20 years I have been unhappy with how I look, my limitations to do certain activities, lack of choice choosing clothes etc etc. I was on the waiting list when I was 19 to have a breast reduction but ended up moving abroad so never had it done.
So, after 20 years, 3 children, breast feeding (and a little fluctuation in weight uh-humm!) it has taken it's toll on my boobs (and other parts of my body but we'll leave that for later).
I am currently a 32 JJ, well JJ on the right and probably J on the other but bra's tend to come with the same cup size don't they! :-L
So here I am 4 days pre-op and nervous as hell. Why?? I want this, don't I?

I know after the op so many things will change for the better and I know I am prepared for this, but what about how I will look? that is the big question. I don't want to go too small because I do feel that I will miss them or feel flat chested after having a big chest for so long. What if I don't like the finished result? I know I don't like the way I look now but this is me, this is naturally what I have become. Is this a normal feeling I am having or should I have more feelings of excitement?

I have discussed this with my ps and he is very sympathetic to my concerns. He will perform a bilateral breast reduction technique with some lipo (not looking forward to that bit).

I would greatly appreciate your views on this.

2 day pre op

Just thought I'd put some pics on. Still not sure what to do to :( need to be making my mind!

This is a private message I received from houstonRB1

'wow humongous awesome pictures. really shows the great size you are. what size are you?'
Not sure if this person has messaged anybody else but I was a little bit disappointed to say the least! As a result I have removed my pictures as I feel I have exposed myself. It took alot of courage to upload them. It's a shame some people have to spoil it for others!

Hi, just wanted to share with you that I also rescheduled and cancelled several times as well before taking the plunge. Not sure if JJ is the UK size or American but either way that's a lot to work with and probably wouldn't be easy for the surgeon to go too small. I'd say wait until you are really ready. I have been feeling like maybe the doctor went too small on me but yesterday I sampled some bras and realized, it's too early to tell. Where I see a B in the mirror, I couldn't even get into a C... It's a very transformative process both emotionally and physically.
Thank you Ange. I've just looked it up and JJ is equivalent to USA N according to a site I just checked. I did have pics up (not nude) but I got a creepy private message and I felt uncomfortable so I took them off. It looks like a few ladies have postponed at the last minute. I haven't been hard on myself for doing it, I just need to make sure I am mentally ready for the results. My PS has been excellent about it and very accommodating. You really do look great and your size suits your frame. Clothes shopping will be so much easier as will physical activities. x
I have just read that you postponed your op, I did that last year, I was all ready to go, bag packed but I just couldn't do it. This is my second attempt and I'm still not sure if I will be able to go through with it, head wants to, but hearts not so sure. I also live in the UK. Sorry about the nasty message you got. All the best.
Hi PeeBee, it really is a big decision to make and I never anticipated feeling the way I did. I'm currently not regretting it either. Maybe when summer comes I will kick myself lol. Good luck what ever you decide. This site has been so informative and it's nice sharing everybody's experience. Thank you for the message. X
So, did you postpone or are you recovering?
I've postponed for now. Hope you are feeling well. X
You have to be really ready for it since it's a big process and huge time commitment. Sending good thoughts your way.
That is very sad always someone wanting to spoil a good thing. Can't admin block them I know they can on Facebook.
Good luck. It's so nerve wracking isn't it. My op is the 12 th march. Look forward to seeing your results. Keep thinking of a summer with small boobs xx
Hey there, you will love your result. absolutely normal to be nervous. have a look at my review and results, I also had lipo with my reduction and am in the UK. Let us know how you do.
Thank you for your comment peediewife. You look fabulous. ... and you've done it twice, good for you. After so many years of wanting a reduction I really thought I would be counting down the days not wishing for more time to decide. Once again thank you. :)
I'm glad it's not just me then. I know I do over think things way too much but I like to be prepared, mentally. I always find I am a very critical person i.e. when I have my hair done and sometimes my nails and at the end of the day they can be rectified. If I'm honest I'm petrified and wondering if perhaps I am not ready for this, mentally. :(
I'm nervous, too, and with 4 days to go, I'm getting more and more anxious. But, we really are going to like the post-results! Best of luck to you; we'll get to recover together:)
It is normal to feel the way you do. I was really, really nervous before surgery, which was 3 days ago. So far the pre-op was the worst part. It is going to be ok. Keep posting.
Congratulations on your surgery. I hope you are gaining strength day by day. Thank you for your comment too. :)
Hi...I'm 2 days pre-op & the nerves have kicked in big time. I worry about what I will look also. Just remember why you wanted to do this in the 1st place....to better yourself. You deserve to be the best you that you can be!!! From what everyone says its the best decision that they have ever made. Keep your head up...I look forward to be healing together with you.!!!
Hi. Just want to send good wishes your way. Hope all went smoothly. :)