Breast implant nightmare - Manchester, UK

I had breast implants over muscle on 23.9.11 the...

i had breast implants over muscle on 23.9.11 the first night i had an execruting pain on the left side i thought no more of it till i went to have the stitches out 8 days later. the left side had not closed. there was clear fluid coming out of it i returned to the ps a week later & it had still not healed. i have returned on a weekly basis & had it stitched & glued & still no joy there was no obvious signs of infection however after going nearly 11 weeks with it still open i am having it removed this week at present i am left with a 2 1/2" hole with implant protruding through totally baffled as other side is ok anyone else had a problem like this ? or any idea what could be the cause ?

Your body may be allergic to the implant shell. Am no expert but I have read about things like that
I just discovered on my own that after Dec 7th to remove Capsular Contracture That 2wks post op I now have celluliis I made office put me on penclillin I'm getting better but I'm 8wks post op and could have died. I think back when boob had to be taken it it was Cellulitis.Doctors need to do more testing and put people on proper meds . Thanks for your reply my implant is still in but I'm just taking it easy
So sorry but I had the same experience except my right breast split like a potatoe.I had to go get bandages changed everyday for 3 weeks I was sick and yes had to get right implant removed it was coming out of my breast you could see the inside of my breast I was so depressed they took it out without anathesia I went 6 months before I could get it put back because it was a open sore that didn't want to heal I'm healthy non smoker Just got in on Dec.7th its doing good but I think it was implant contamination that caused me grief... hope it helps good luck

Just a quick update: After having the inplant...

Just a quick update: After having the inplant removed at the begining of Dec 2011 it was re implanted in Feb after being told it was ok to do so. The scar did close apart from a pin hole & there was a triangular area above the scar that looked bruised. After a few mths i was not happy with the apperance & went for a second opinion. I was told that i had capsular contraction caused by infection. I am not aware of swabs being taken at the time oof removal or re implanting. I went back to the ps & started lymphatic massage & used vitamin e on the scat, the pin hole closed. Then 2 weeks ago i noticed that it appeared red & blistered. I now have 4 x holes in it where the implant is extracting. Once again it has to be removed. I have been on various antibiotics & have had no illness, fever or pain. Im not sure if when it was taken out the capsual around it was removed. I have now seen my gp who has done blood tests & a previious swab that was done a few mths ago shown no infection. Has any one any idea what can be going on ? when it is removed along with the other one this week do i insist the capsuals around come out ? I have had 16 mth of this now and am getting totally fed up of it, i cant get no straight answers off any one & feel that im in a worse position now than I was before i had implants put in. Will they ever be able to go in again ?
You poor dear! I can't imagine going through this for 16 months when you went in for an enhancement! Hopefully they'll figure out what's going on and get you fixed up once and for all. I'm certainly not a doctor, but I would venture a guess that this is an infection. A negative culture a few months back doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have something going on now, or even that you didn't then, depending on various factors (such as antibiotic use, quality of the sample, etc.). Thanks for sharing your experience and please do keep us posted.
it looks like necrosis of the skin, omg I am soooo sorry to hear this is happeneing to you, just when I decide I want to do this, I read your story!
leah i can only comment on whats happened to me some of my friends have had breast implants in for years & have had no problems i must be 1 of the unlucky ones. not only has it took up 16mths of my life & drained me almost mentaly & physically it is now starting to have an effect on my marriage & home life aswell cant wait to get them out hope what ever you decide to do all go well xx

After having both implants removed last week am...

After having both implants removed last week am now left with one breast considerably larger than the other a staph infection has shown up the good side closed right away but the left is still open with discharge coming out I don't want implants going back in for fear of it happening a third time any suggestions what alternative surgery is available to make them the same size ?

I am so sorry .i too have had over a year of nightmare .i hope your doing better its hard to move on .staph is so hard too get rid of i have been there.i wish you well .and again i am very sorry .will look for your next review to see how your doing.
Am back next week staph aureus infection hopefully cleared up now caused so many problems what should have been a routine thing has turned into a nightmare both mentally & physically will keep you posted xx

Thought I would just update & let everyone know ...

Thought I would just update & let everyone know how I've gone on. After having 2 unsatisfactory operations by the same Surgeon, an infection that hospitalised me & being left disfigured I went to visit another Surgeon to see if anything could be done to put right the mess I'd been left in. After several visits & discussions about the various options open to me I am pleased to say that I had my operation, breast revision, uplift & implants done on 6.11.13 by Dr Gary Ross at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle Manchester UK with no complications at all. I cant thank the Surgeon & his Staff enough for all the support they gave me. It just goes to show that when your at your lowest there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I have learned from my experience that even if there are "NO BAD REVIEWS" about a Surgeon/Clinic it doesn't necessarily mean there has been no problems there. I urge any person who is thinking of having any type of cosmetic surgery to do some research before they go ahead I wouldn't like anybody to go what I went though & in the case of the UK members check with the CQC as their reports about Clinics etc are available on the internet. I would like to thank the Dr's & the Members who took time to reply to my questions. I will gladly share my experience with any other Members if it helps them if there going through the same scenario. After losing nearly 2 years of my life I am now looking forward to living it again.

Thank you for the update. I am sorry you have been through so much the past two years. It's nice to hear you're happy with your results the third time around. Sharing your experience will be extremely helpful to other women in the future. I am going to check out your new review. You may want add an update to this review mentioning that you have a new review in the breast implant revision community. Take care!