Skin Tightening 4 Years After a Facelift - Manchester, NH

PRECISION TX REVIEW: I had a facelift 4 years ago...

PRECISION TX REVIEW: I had a facelift 4 years ago. My facelift started loosening up along the jaw line and my cheeks were getting heavier. I went back to my plastic surgeon in Massachusetts who said that it was too early for another facelift. In my desperate search for skin tightening procedures I asked Dr. Bartels who does my fillers and he recommended Precision Lift. I made an appointment right away.

I was given a Valuum which I took but didn't need. There is a numbing agent that Dr. Bartels used to numb my whole lower face and neck with. I felt nothing. It was absolutely a breeze. If my facelift was a 10 on the intensity scale then Precision Lift was a 1. So easy. Door to door I think it was 2 1/2 hours including prep and post procedure.

Now to the results. I saw tightening immediately. Each week my face changed shape. I was losing my full cheeks and my neck was getting tighter. People were starting to say things like "did you get a haircut?" or "I like your earrings". That is always a tell tale sign when I have work done. It's been 6 months since my Precision Tx treatment and there will continue to be tightening for 3 more months. I can honestly say that my skin is now almost as tight as my original facelift. It is really getting tighter everyday. I am absolutely thrilled with this new non invasive procedure. It absolutely saved my facelift. I may repeat this procedure again down the road instead of another facelift. Why go under the knife when you can have a procedure as simple as having a dental procedure. Doctors online have said that the Precision TX is equivalent to having half a facelift. It is that dramatic.
Dr. Bartels

I showed up for my procedure that morning to a wonderful friendly staff. Dr. Bartels made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole procedure. Overall Dr. Bartels and his staff couldn't be nicer to work with. They are very professional and always so positive, friendly and accommodating in everything they do. They research all the procedures and products they adopt so you are not throwing money down the drain. I am glad I live in an area where I can find a doctor who I totally trust. A lot of doctors sell products and procedures to patients that do nothing. Not Dr, Bartels. His pricing is also very reasonable. You will not be disappointed.

Has anyone had this procedure that's i. Their 60"s?
My doctor say that you wear a face compression 24/7 got two full weeks after treatment . Has anyone done that?
I was told one week, then at night. But I wear it whenever I am not in public and I'm just 2 weeks out today.
Just neck compression at night. I wore it for 6 weeks. It really helps.
ETL112067, how are you doing, is the swelling getting better?
Ctymow, when did you have your procedure and how are you doing?
I had ny precision tx procedure on 6/20. Today is day 8 and yesterday I thought the swelling was less. I used a vibrating massager 3x during the day and today I feel less numbness, but i think the swelling under my chin is increased. Also I have noticed that my smile looks weird, and some facial movements are hard to make. The doctor said Precision tx laser can shock the nerves and it takes awhile for them to recover. Not really sure if I look better than I did before.
I am 8 months post Precision Tx lift and the results are terrific! I took a Zanax 1 hour prior to my procedure and had to have a driver to and from the office. The doctor numbed the 3 sites where the cannula was to be inserted. There was some initial pain from pressure when the cannula entered my skin. Then I felt nothing throughout the procedure. The meds helped as I tend to tense up and was nervous too. Have you ever had surgery of the neck or lower face before? I never had any procedures or surgeries to my face or neck prior to the Precision Tx and the swelling was just as the doctor had explained. Swollen for the first 48 hours and then my jowl area looked puffy for around 3 weeks but not really swollen so that it was really noticeable. At my 6 month visit, I asked the doctor if my results and healing were typical. The doctor said yes, but he explained that if I had scar tissue from any previous neck surgery or sutures then the healing time would not be as predictable. That was a BIG factor in why I did not want to undergo surgery!! I did not want scarring or stitches!
Thanks that was a great explanation! No, I have never had any kind of surgery before so I am hoping for a good result. Less than a week to go. I am to begin taking Arnica 3x a day as per the doctors office to help reduce swelling and bruising from the procedure.
How long does swelling last? Is it very noticeable? How long for improvements to show?
I am scheduled for 2 weeks and am very nervous about being awake during the procedure. I tend to get panic attacks and feel woozy during medical procedures so I'm afraid that will happen during precision tx. Did you experience any nervousness about your procedure? Were you able to feel anything? ThNke!
Just wanted to wish you good luck and I look forward to seeing your update after your procedure. I would ask your doctor if you could have a little more medicine maybe you could take a Zanax before you go in. Again, good luck!
I was a little nervous but you get a numbing agent to start. I felt the needle prick and at first an ache that went up the back of my neck into lower skull that I wasn't expecting! It happened on both sides of head but subsided quickly. I did not feel pain when he was doing the precision tx except near the end of the procedure it felt like he went slightly past the numbed area and it felt like needle pricks, not too bad but again something I wasn't expecting. I didn't take any medication before hand but my doctor would have given me a prescription for one if I wanted, you will need someone to drive you home if you do take a sedative though. Good luck! An update on my swelling- it's been 5 weeks since I had procedure and still have a lot of noticeable swelling on one side! The doctor said that could last another month or two!
Thanks Mhz8610 for all of your information. Because of the swelling are you not able to see any positive results yet?
No, no positive results yet. In fact, I look worse than before procedure because of the swelling on one side, but I am still hopeful for a good end result. Healing is just taking way longer than I thought!!!
Dr said she will give me Xanax before procedure.
Do you have any pics you would share?
Well, that is to bad to be 5 weeks out and still have that much swelling. I hope that you wake up tomorrow and it is all gone LOL.
Good, I would think that the Zanax will help. What date is your procedure?
I hope that every night! :(
6/20...
ETL112067, I just had a thought, I am wondering if you might be able to use Arnica and Bromelin (not sure if I spelled them correct) before your surgery. 1 is for swelling and 1 is for bruising, you could look them up. I think that you start the Arnica a week before. I would ask your doctor since Mhz still has swelling 5 weeks post op. Just a thought!
Spoke with Dr office and they do indeed recommend arnica starting 1 week before treatment thank you!!!
Hi ETL112037, just wanted to write and see how it went yesterday and how you are doing to day? I hope that you are doing good!
Went great! Doc was wonderful and have me 2 Xanax. Didn't feel nervous at all, fell asleep through whole procedure! Got some pain meds and slept all night. Hubby says he fed me and put me to bed but I don't remember anything!! Thank god for Xanax. Going in a few hours to remove bandages and get compression garment. Think I look pretty swollen but I'm all covered up so it's hard to tell. Will post soon!.