Just Wish I Hadn't Waited So Long to Try It! - Manchester, NH

Love, love, love the results with dysport. I tried...

Love, love, love the results with dysport. I tried Botox years ago but wasn't happy with the results so I swore off injectables. A friend recommended Dysport so I tried it on her advice and I am in love. I cannot stop looking at my smoother reflection in a mirror and I am someone that usually hides from reflective surfaces. It started to work immediately and a bonus side effect is no more headaches! Talk about a win-win situation. No more headaches and the Grand Canyon between my eyebrows just about disappeared overnight!

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

I actually found him on this website when I searched for Dysport in the Manchester area. Dr. Bartels and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. I felt at ease with the entire process and I will be returning.

I'm surprised to hear it started to work immediately on you, often times it takes days to weeks to see the results. Were you being treated for headaches specifically, or were your injections for cosmetic reasons primarily?

I tried it for dual purpose of cosmetic and the headaches. I was amazed at how quickly it worked as well. As I said I had tried Botox once before years ago and wasn't at all impressed with the results. Keep in mind I had very deep (static) 11's so I think my muscles were in a semi-permanent state of contraction. The furrows didn't disappear completely but I no longer looked like I was constantly scowling. Regarding the headaches I was suffering from a perpetual low-grade headache that would often get worse during the day, but there's nothing worse than waking up with a headache. The morning after my treatment I was so pleasantly surprised to wake up with no headache! It's been about 3 weeks since my treatment and I have to admit that I can feel my frowning muscles coming back into play, especially while typing/working. The headaches are still being kept at bay which is very nice. So regarding the longevity of the results I cannot say, but I am totally hooked just for the headache factor alone. Even if I have to have it done 3 or 4 times a year it beats constantly taking ibuprofren or Tylenol for a permanent headache.

I can definitely understand how you would keep with it if its helping with your headaches. I'm a headache person too, unfortunately, so I can definitely sympathize with how much they can drag your day down.

3 weeks is quick for it to start wearing off. Mine always wears off quick too though. Are you a pretty active person? There is some speculation that could be linked, so I'm always curious to hear.