Gained and Lost Approx. 50lb in Two Years - Tummy Tuck W/ Muscle Repair & Abdominal/flanks Lipo

I am 8 days post a full tummy tuck with abdominal...

My surgery was last monday (12/28/09) and my post-op was on thursday after (12/31/09) and my drain was taken out at that time. My next post-op appointment is the day after tomorrow.

I got a tummy tuck because after a rapid...

I got a tummy tuck because after a rapid weight gain than loss, I had a lot of stretch marks, excess skin, and sever muscle tearage and at 23 I was not happy with that.

What could this bulge be, what are the possibilities? Should I be worried? Should I call the office tomorrow or wait it out until the day after to see if it goes away? Please help!!! -- Updated on Jan 13, 2010: I am 8 days post a full tummy tuck with abdominal muscle repair and minor liposuction on the abdominal and liposuction of the bilateral flanks. I am 23, 5'1, and about 115/120 pounds. I got this procedure because I gained and lost a lot of weight within 2 years and had extra skin and torn abdominal muscles.My recovery has gone quite smoothly this far, however today I noticed that on my left side below my belly button it is more bulged than the right side. To me, it feels a little "mushier" than the other side and is a little painful when I touch it (only the bulged side), but that could be in my head now that I know it's there.My surgery was 12/28/0) and my post-op was on thursday after 12/31/09 and my drain was taken out at that time. My second post-op was last thursday 1/7/10. The doctor said that the bulge was a seroma and that it will go away by itself and not to worry, etc. However, I wasn't feeling good the past few days and I didn't actually vomit, but I was gagging and that left side hurt SOOO much and there was barely any pain on the right. First, is it POSSIBLE that it is a torn suture on my abdominal muscle? AND IF it was a torn/ stretched/ ripped internal suture from the abdominal muscle HOW WOULD I KNOW? AND is thre any way for the doctor to know without going back in or sending me for scans, etc.? PLEASE help I am FREAKING out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Doctor is very down to earth and willing to take his time to answer all questions, as well as the nurses.

Hi Kferrari - This thread has some signs to look for to determine if you have torn a suture: How can I tell if I tore my internal sutures?

Good luck!

The doctor said that the bulge was a seroma and NOT torn sutures because they are very strong and that it will go away by itself and not to worry, AND that he didn't have to do anything to alleviate it, it would go away on it's own. I am reading all over that it should be drained sooner rather than later or I could run into serious problems. So firstly, is this true - does he NOT have to do anything and it will go away on it's own? Also however, I wasn't feeling good the past few days and I didn't actually vomit, but I was gagging and that left side hurt SOOO much and there was barely any pain on the right. First, is it POSSIBLE that it is a torn suture on my abdominal muscle? AND IF it was a torn/ stretched/ ripped internal suture from the abdominal muscle HOW WOULD I KNOW? AND is thre any way for the doctor to know without going back in or sending me for scans, etc.? PLEASE help I am FREAKING out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
I had my surgery on 11/13. Just be patient. It will get better!
hi, i just had a full tt and lipo 12/10-- at first i was very paranoid and saw bulges and felt pain that i swore could only be my stitches coming undone, i must have gone to the doctor twice a week every week, til last week, lol,, everything hurt, everything looked swollen and everything just seemed wierd, and then one day I woke up and finally saw an end in sight, the pain had gotten alot more tolerable, the swelling and bulges were going down and now almost 5 weeks post op, i feel alot better and wish i hadnt been so paranoid.. it really is true that it takes alot alot of time. i still have quite a bit of swelling but the results get better and better everyday